Innerstanding(2015) by Tomb of the Unreplenished | Teen Ink

Innerstanding(2015) by Tomb of the Unreplenished

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Yet more atmospheric black I have to review, eh, whatever. At least it sounds nice and isn't all that heavy. Coming from the same bandcamp as Midnight Odyssey, I, Voidhanger Records, this entire album is only about 40 minutes total but includes seven tracks at around the 6 minute mark, I guess that's why. If you don't know already, in terms of the atmospheric black metal range of things, I have already released reviews for Agalloch, Caladan Brood, Midnight Odyssey, and Moon. However, this album is actually a debut full length which is to say that the man Hermes, actually wanted to get away from his other band that is more Satanic Black Metal, much like Burzum, Gorgoroth and Mayhem, and found that this music can heal your body, and cleanses your soul. Which it does by chance, acomplish what atmospheric music is meant to do. If you love reading, this could help you when doing so. If you meditate frequently, you may play this music as well(granted they recommend complete silence and no train of thought but, still). You may play this while you sleep if you want to have a better chance of a lucid dream.

I sense great things this year in the metal community, and this is sure to help the year become one of the greatest years in heavy metal. If you love to have a controlled thought of atmosphere, here you go this will be perfect. For a debut, this is mighty fine of one. It's short as far as black metal albums go but who cares. I love this album and so should you and I will see guys in the next review with this getting the score of 8.5/10. Thanks for tuning in and let me know what you think I should do to make my reviews better and more accessable to the music community. This is the Grim Reaper, signing off.

If you want more atmospheric black metal, Go to youtube and check out the channel, Atmospheric Black Metal Albums and subscribe to him if you like what you hear. He has over 1000 videos within two years so there's alot to sink your teeth into.

Anyways, My next review will be Overkill with White Devil Armory.