Britney Spears - Circus | Teen Ink

Britney Spears - Circus MAG

By princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York

Those who reach for the stars should never forget the flowers that bloom at their feet.

Britney Spears is finally gaining ground in her comeback, reclaiming the “queen of pop” title once more. Spears has always produced great music, but personal ­troubles dimmed her performing light. Now, she is ready to get back into what made her ­famous and is returning with a big bang.

Spears' most recent CD, “Circus,” is a pop anthem crowd basher with dance beats and catchy tunes, reminding us what this Southern gal is all about. The first single, “Womanizer,” is a catchy dance song bashing players and showing both guys and girls that no matter how sly we are, we're going to get caught. This catchy tune has already hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 – Britney's first hit single since “Baby … One More Time.”

The second single and title track, “Circus,” is the tune that we've all been waiting for. It is very danceable and the video shows the best of Spears' performing abilities. As great as the song is, the most interesting part is the meaning behind it all. Spears' whole life has been a circus, and now she is ready to pull hard on the reins and show everyone that she is ­definitely the ringleader.

The third and current single, “If You Seek Amy,” is an honest, chart-worthy song that may cause some controversy with its lyrics. And the video is just as provocative. This single shows the raw side of Spears, and fans love her for it.

Overall, “Circus” is one of Spears' better albums, and though it's been out for a while, if you haven't bought it, you should definitely check it out. It not only shows us her different facets but also reflects us.

At least for now, Spears has climbed back to the top of her game, and in my opinion, she deserves every bit of success that comes her way.

on May. 29 2009 at 2:42 am

Britney has come back succesful for all the right reasons because if you see behind it all, she really is working hard. She has taken herself out of the spotlight, kept in good form, and is trying to be a better her. Anyway, not one topic is wrong in music, its the language of the world and noone can decide what music is good music. britney has made a comeback, it doesn't matter how she presents herself, it's whether or not shes making a great career. All her sold-out concerts so far says it all.

hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

“God, of your goodness, give me yourself; you are enough for me, and anything less that I could ask for would not do you full honour. And if I ask anything that is less, I shall always lack something, but in you alone I have everything”

Yes she is successful, but for all the wrong reasons. By bearing all, she has climbed the ladder of success. Her provocative and risque music videos grab the attention of male viewers. Britney has not made a comeback with inspiring vocals, but rather dirty, almost explicit lyrics. Not a good way, in my opinion, to rise to fame. If You Seek Amy is just a mask of hiding the horribly crude meaning in the background.