Britney Spears - Circus | Teen Ink

Britney Spears - Circus MAG

April 2, 2009
By princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
57 articles 8 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Those who reach for the stars should never forget the flowers that bloom at their feet.


Britney Spears is finally gaining ground in her comeback, reclaiming the “queen of pop” title once more. Spears has always produced great music, but personal ­troubles dimmed her performing light. Now, she is ready to get back into what made her ­famous and is returning with a big bang.

Spears' most recent CD, “Circus,” is a pop anthem crowd basher with dance beats and catchy tunes, reminding us what this Southern gal is all about. The first single, “Womanizer,” is a catchy dance song bashing players and showing both guys and girls that no matter how sly we are, we're going to get caught. This catchy tune has already hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 – Britney's first hit single since “Baby … One More Time.”

The second single and title track, “Circus,” is the tune that we've all been waiting for. It is very danceable and the video shows the best of Spears' performing abilities. As great as the song is, the most interesting part is the meaning behind it all. Spears' whole life has been a circus, and now she is ready to pull hard on the reins and show everyone that she is ­definitely the ringleader.

The third and current single, “If You Seek Amy,” is an honest, chart-worthy song that may cause some controversy with its lyrics. And the video is just as provocative. This single shows the raw side of Spears, and fans love her for it.

Overall, “Circus” is one of Spears' better albums, and though it's been out for a while, if you haven't bought it, you should definitely check it out. It not only shows us her different facets but also reflects us.

At least for now, Spears has climbed back to the top of her game, and in my opinion, she deserves every bit of success that comes her way.