Godzilla | Teen Ink

Godzilla

By Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia
Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia

"Why so serious?" -Heath Ledger as The Joker

"BOOST!" -Welsh Dragon Armor; High School DxD

Godzilla!!!!!
Here's my review of the 2014 reboot of Godzilla. Like I said, this is a reboot of the other godzilla movies. This movie stars Aaron Taylor Johnson, aka Kickass from the kickass movies. He's also rumored to play Quicksilver in Avengers 2. This movie revolves around him and the rest of the world learning about the existence of creatures like godzilla. Godzilla seems to be the hero in this movie but some people, like me, see him as more neutral than hero. He's fighting two other monsters that I don't know the names of so for the purpose of this review, I'll call them things 1 & 2. 1 is the creature that can fly, plus he's the first monster to show up. 2 is female who ends up trying to reproduce. 1 & 2 feed off of radiation which is what leads the humans into learning about them.
Just like the other trailers for the godzilla films, this one was execellent. They built up godzilla's design to the highest level, and when we finally see him; holy s*** does he look awesome. This design has to be the best and biggest since the movie GMK: godzilla, mothra, king gadora. The size of this godzilla was awesome too. Remember how massive the Jaugers in Pacific Rim looked? Well godzilla is around that size in this movie. And yes; they got the roar right. And they give us a massive brawl between Godzilla and 1&2 within the last 15 minutes. In that short amount of time, so many godzilla references are tossed at us; the roar (x4), the glowing scales that power up his laser attack, and godzilla's epic fatality move. I won't give that away for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but it's so awesome!
I have no doubt that this will be one of the best films of the year, and the awesome design opens so many new possibilities for future monster films. Imagine how King Kadora would look if he were in the next godzilla movie. Or Mothra. Also; it's been confirmed that Gamera is getting another movie so we might finally get the Godzilla vs Gamera movie fans have been waiting for.
Bottom line; this movie was awesome. The action; the fighting; the story; the acting! The cast does their acting phenomenally. Aaron TJ can really do drama well. This movie is fun for godzilla fans, monster movie fans, and even those who haven't heard of godzilla or aren't a fan of him. I proudly rate this a 4.5 out of 5; totally worth buying on blu-ray.
So have you seen Godzilla? What'd you think of it? In fact, who's your favorite kaijiu monster? Comment below, let me know. And you know the rest. Bye bye.

Godzilla!!!