Frankenstein | Teen Ink

Frankenstein MAG

The movie is rated R. Those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.

"Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay to mould Man? Did I solicit thee from Darkness to promote me?" - John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is again on the big screen with a new cast. It is quite different from the original, but true to the book. Frankenstein is the story of Victor Frankenstein, played by Kenneth Branagh, and the hideous monster he creates as he searches to disrupt the balance of nature. Frankenstein feels that good people should not die. He wants to find a way to let them continue to live after they have passed on. But Frankenstein creates something he cannot control. He realizes too late that the dead should be left to rest in peace and that he should not overstep the boundaries of nature and consciousness.

In the new version, Frankenstein's monster is not the stiff creature with electrodes in his neck as we all remember him. He is quite different. The new monster, played by Robert DeNiro, is very realistic. He is what you would picture if you were reading the book. A monster constructed from spare material from other dead bodies. He is a monster brought into a world he cannot understand, with people running in fear of him, and a burning passion to find the person who created him and then left him to die.

Branagh does a wonderful job in the recreation of this classic macabre story written almost a century and a half ago. You are on the edge of your seat until the very end. I highly recommend this film. After seeing it, I guarantee you will come back for more. .

i love this so much!