The Truman Show | Teen Ink

The Truman Show

December 3, 2012
By Lexi_S PLATINUM, Syracuse, Virginia
Lexi_S PLATINUM, Syracuse, Virginia
46 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When life gives you lemons chuck them back at life and demand apples."


The Truman Show is a new all time favorite. The director Peter Weir is one of a kind. He filmed the movie from multiple strategically placed camera angles truly making it seem like they’re filming a television show. It stars Jim Carrey as Truman Burbank, Ed Harris Christof, Laura Linney Meryl Burbank, Natasha McElhone Sylvia, and Noah Emmerich Marlon.

The film is about a man named Truman that was legally adopted by a movie cooperation and was made the star of a 24/ 7 television show documented in a hand made archeological dome. In the movie Truman gave hope and inspiring to many. In The Truman Show Christof demonstrates just how controlled Truman’s life really is although Truman himself isn't when Christof says his most famous line from the film, “Cue the sun.”

The acting in the film is phenomenal! All the actors did a wonderful job of portraying the emotions needed for their characters. Jim displayed everything that was needed for displaying the role of a wishful, determined, and confused character. The acting within the acting was equally as amazing. In a scene from the movie Truman went to his friend Motrel once he realized something strange was happening on the island, Christof began to feed lines to Motrel. After that you realize why Truman was never suspicious before this time in his life.

The Truman Show earns 5 stars from all its viewers and certainly is a movie worth seeing.

WHY YOU SHOW SEE IT

The Truman Show is an inspirational movie that’s one of a kind. It portrays both a unique and interesting story of something that could possibly happen in the future. This movie could have the capability to change you life and the way you look at the world. It has an unforgettable story line and is full of surprises. In a way this movie is real. You want to find out how, go see it! Don’t be the only one not to know Jim’s new catch phrase. This is a movie you don’t want to miss. What are you waiting for? Watch it!

“And in case I don't see you, good afternoon good evening and goodnight.”
- Truman Burbank