Hunger Games | Teen Ink

Hunger Games

By abby_applewhite BRONZE, Chula, Georgia
abby_applewhite BRONZE, Chula, Georgia

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

A dramatic film that keeps your eyes glued to the screen the entire time.

The Hunger Games is a dramatic film that puts Katniss Everdeen, (Jennifer Lawrence), and Peeta Mallark, (Josh Hutcherson), into dangerous positions that keep you wondering what will happen next. The film takes place in an arena surrounded by dark forests and creatures of all kinds.

“May the odds be, ever in your favor.” Is the most famous quote in the movie.

Peeta and Katniss are put into an unfair position where they must train to fight. 12 districts send 2 representatives each to train and then battle to the death. The Capitol celebrates the event when it occurs. They use it as a reminder to the districts to look up to them and respect their opinions. The 24 representatives train for a week to work on their strength, battling, and survivor skills. The representatives know to take it serious or it could lead to a sudden death when thrown into the arena. Once thrown into the arena some suddenly die, some live. Katniss and Peeta fortunately made it out alive. They face hard battles with ferocious animals and people trying to kill them. It’s coming down to the end of the games with 3 people left. Things start to get really frightening. Blood stains on the last 3 representative’s skin. They are starving from eating so little. Hunting had gotten hard. Here they were. Who would live?

“There are 24 of us, only one of us comes out.” said by Katniss Everdeen. She states the rule that 23 will die and only one will live.

The acting in the movie was done very well. The acting in the arena looked so real. It makes you feel like it is actually happening just by watching it. You seem to feel all the emotions the actors are feeling. When an actor cries, you get sad. When someone dies, it seems real. Everything about the acting was just breath taking.

Overall, the film was on one of the best I have ever seen. It is a great movie. I would recommend it to anybody who likes dramatic movies with a little romance here and there. You never know what is going to happen next, and that makes the film even better. I can’t wait for the second one to come out in theatres.

I did this article for a school newspaper in my Journalism class this year.