Deathgasm | Teen Ink

Deathgasm

By RainbowBoy BRONZE, Sacramento, California
RainbowBoy BRONZE, Sacramento, California

If you like A Haunted House by Michael Tiddes, you might also like this movie.

This 2015 movie is about an outcast heavy metal band who unknowingly summon demons and have to fight them off. Brodie and Zakk, two of the band members, are gothic teens who love breaking the rules. Their adventure starts with a young girl and some sheet music. Little did these boys know the world was in their hands. Jason Lei Howden and his crew did a phenomenal job creating this horror comedy.

This movie was released March 14, 2015. Starring Milo Cawthorne (power rangers RPM) , Kimberley Crossman (NCIS: Los Angeles), and James Blake (Dangerous game). This movie put James Blake on the map as his 2nd major movie. Milo started his character as a troublemaker in the making to complete damnation by the end pulling it all together in the end. Recommended by 7 film festivals and fright fest. “This movie is a heavy metal splatterfest guaranteed to please the most diehard horror fans.”- Icons of fright.

I believe that the sfx quality could have been better but for the comedic purpose it works wonders. I would suggest to be cautious if you are faint of heart or can’t have nudity and adult language. The plot is easy to follow and takes you for loops. Being a suspenseful movie that keeps you on your feet it wraps up quite nicely and leaves room for other movies. I have watched this movie 3 times and plan to watch it again because i love the comedy horror mix in this movie.

In addition Deathgasm is worth watching. It gives a full complex plot that can grab your attention. I applaud Jason Lei Howden and the cast in this amazing performance. It’s worth watching due to the fact of equal proportions of comedy and horror.