University of the Sciences Review | Teen Ink

University of the Sciences Review

By ahmayajohnson27 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
ahmayajohnson27 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

My school planned a college field trip to University of the Sciences and I enjoyed the appearance of the campus. The campus was very modern, up to date and spacious. When I arrived there the guide people were very welcoming and nice, so that already showed me that the college has a sweet environment. It's a great science school and people that graduate from there earns a starting salary of $68,400.

University of the Sciences was made in 1821 as the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy. It’s located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and is the first pharmacy college in the nation. There's a lot of food place choices because it's in the city. You can go grab lunch in walking distance without a problem. Usciences has a total undergraduate enrollment of 1,231. This college has 14 majors and they’re based on health professions, humanities, science, technology and math. The Doctor of Pharmacy program is what this college is known for because of its highly ranking.

The atmosphere of Usciences was very welcoming and pleasing in my opinion. The physical appearance is urban and capacious. As of right now they are renovating some buildings and dorms for a newer look. The classrooms looked like auditoriums with a lot of seats in it. The good thing about the classrooms is that there are cameras set up for recording, and if anyone missed a lesson they could just look up the lesson online. The dorms there were very nice. It included its own bathroom, heating and air and closet space. 

I liked how the college has a game room and that it's not a far walk to get through the campus. One thing I disliked about the college is that it didn't have cheerleading. The college being close to home and in the city really sets it apart from other colleges. I would recommend this school only if your major is STEM focused if not this college would not be for you. I also feel like any student would be comfortable there because of their environment and because of how everything is set up.

Overall Usciences was a great school with great aspects. The only thing that's stopping me from going there is that it isn't hbcu and they don't provide my major. But if your major is provided I definitely recommend people to check this school out.