To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han | Teen Ink

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

By Dora1999 BRONZE, Shenzhen, Other
Dora1999 BRONZE, Shenzhen, Other

For a person like me, who’s usually never interested in reading any types of books to get hooked into one book, and finishes it in less than a week is very rare! Every girl has experienced having that one special person stuck in their mind for an entire day, week, or perhaps month. ’To All the boys I’ve Loved Before’ by Jenny Han is a romance book which in my opinion is very well written. The Author uses simple word choice and created a storyline that is really basic and easy to follow. The further you read, the less you want to put your book down, and when you do, that’s when the book has ended!

This story revolves around a Korean-American junior girl who’s named Lara Jean. She writes letters to boys, where she spills out her heart about the person she is intimate about. Lara Jean keeps all her private and personal letters in a hatbox her mother gave her before she passed away. In a blink of an eye, her letters disappeared and were mailed to the boys she wrote the letters to! Lara Jean tries many different ways to avoid all the confused boys who has countless of questions for Lara Jean about their letter. Her life was out of control and she made crazy decisions that were made on the spot.

The author, Jenny Han is an author who writes primarily to female readers. She understands what teenage girls go through and creates amazing stories based on teenagers. This book made me laugh and worry at different parts of the story. I immensely admire Jenny Han’s writing style, for it is clear and fascinating. In addition, Jenny Han writes chapters that are short and descriptive (not using intricate language). Some other books Jenny Han has written is as follow; The Summer I Turned Pretty, It’s Not Summer Without You, and We’ll Always Have Summer.

I most definitely will recommend this informal and fun to read book to all teenage girls. I can guarantee you that this book will surprise you in many ways and make you not want to put the book down. If i was to give this book a letter grade, i would give an A due to it’s absorbing storyline and complex character analysis. I encourage readers who are interested in my short book summary to read this amazing and thought-out book!

on May. 30 2015 at 4:39 am
Katyaini SILVER, Greater Noida, Other

Life is like a chocolate covered chilly....

Some succeed because they're destined to;
Most succeed because they're determined too

I myself loved that book, but in my opinion, the ending was a bit predictable but still, as you said, it was very well written. Loved you review too, keep writing.