The Best Friend by Melody Carlson | Teen Ink

The Best Friend by Melody Carlson

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

High school, puberty, friends, boyfriends, all the things in a teenage girl life that can be heaven, or hell. Lishia already experience the loss of her best friend Janelle to nicer, smarter, funnier and prettier Chelsea Martin. Lisha made it her new goal in this book was to find a new best friend for her junior year at Kingston High. Little did Lisha know when she met her “new best friend” it was not the angles who sent her, but the devil himself.

Lisha always knew Riley Atkins. In fact, in middle school they were friends for the both were cheerleaders. When Lisha saw Riley sitting alone on the first day, instead at her popular table with her boyfriend and other cheerleaders, Lisha knew something was up. Riley tells Lisha her tales of woe, and Lisha bits it all up in hopes that Riley will be her new BFF. Riley hatches up a plan to get Lisha on the cheer squad, and her enemy off. Lisha buys into it and help Riley with the task and reporting it. Soon Lisha gets deep into it and wants out, but Riley would not let her, convincing Lisha that she could turn it all around so it is all her fault. Lisha realizes what a mulitative un-best friend Riley truly is and has to find a way out. Lisha might have to find a way out, even if she has to explant h whole truth. Lisha can only hope that God will forgive her, and if she can forgive herself.

Melody Carlson is the author of more than 200 books with the sales of more than five million dollars. That is a lot of books to have written. This is the first book I have read of her, and I can see how she hit two hundred. This book was short. For the story it was 215 pages, which is short. For this book to be a trilogy (and their all this short) she could of just put them all in one. I did not read the first one, but I was able to catch up by chapter 2 of what happen in book one. It was a decent book about a Christian girl who lost her faith, but was able to find it again in the end. Over all a nice read for a rainy day.

Short and sweet, always straight to the point.