Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

January 2, 2008
By Anonymous

"Why in the WORLD would I be interested in vampires?"
That was the first thing that ran through my head as I picked up the 498 page novel that would soon change my perspective on books forever. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is a must-read for any teen, thirteen or older. It tells the story of lone and unhappy Isabella Swan who goes to live with her father in the small town of Forks, Washington. Beginning with the first day of school in the rainy, old place, things begin to happen ever so suddenly. Her sudden popularity does not matter anymore when Bella finds the striking and mysterious Edward Cullen staring at her in absolute detest. Why does he seem to hate her? But if he hates her, then why does he save her multiple times? Bella is sure he isn't the same as all the other boys in the school- peculiar in an entirely different way, and she doesn't mean his breath-taking beauty.
This fantasy/romance novel has readers begging for more. Twilight, as you will find, is terribly difficult to put down and as the teenage couple grows apart amd then toghether once again, the tears keep flowing and the pages keep turning. The mindblowing suspense that Meyer incorporates into this first novel of the vampire love saga is one you simply cannot break loose from. Stephenie Meyer's characters are so realistic, you forget they aren't people you've known your entire life. Palpitating hearts, mood swings, and a lot of action- you'll regret ever thinking those first few words. I know I did.