The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho | Teen Ink

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

By tati_pax BRONZE, West Seneca, New York
tati_pax BRONZE, West Seneca, New York

“Life is like a movie, if you've sat through more than half of it and its sucked every second so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end and make it all worthwhile. None should blame you for walking out early.” -Doug Stanhope

Does a shepherd boy have his own personal legend? Everyone does. I loved The Alchemist, By Paulo Coelho. It’s even under my favorite book list on Facebook now. Even though this book is about a shepherd boy in times that are definitely not modern, it makes points that could apply to anyone. Someone trying to figure their self out, we can all relate right?

The book had great detail, & it seemed to be just about this shepherd boy’s adventures but I really think it was a metaphor, trying to convince the reader to have enough courage to find themselves, & greater meaning. I also liked how the main character, like all of us, was flawed, & had to learn how to become stronger.

Anyone who is unsure of what their capable of would like this book, or anyone looking for a good read.