Larry Bird: Drive | Teen Ink

Larry Bird: Drive MAG

By Anonymous

   This is the story of one who is the greatest player of all time C Larry Bird. Larry grew up in the small town of French Lick, Indiana. He came from a very poor family of six. His mother was a hard worker and took care of the family. Larry's father, Joe, worked for little money at a shoe company. This was hard for Larry, but it got worse. His father commits suicide when he is young, which forces his mother to work two job.

Larry didn't always love baasketball. His first love was baseball. He also liked football, but these two sports didn't work for him, so he decided to play basketball. Larry doesn't really start liking basketball until his sophomore year, but then he starts to live for the sport. His high school coach helps him improve his skills and during Larry's junior and senior year he goes to the state championship. After high school Larry goes to Indiana State University, where, during his senior year, they go to the NCAA championship to face Michigan State and Magic Johnson. Unfortunately, Larry lost in the most watched final ever.

After college Larry goes tothe NBA and signed with the Boston Celtics. During his career he wins many great awards.

This book compares well with other sports biographies. It shows how Larry worked hard to get where he is similar to Bo Knows Bo by Bo Jackson. I would recommned it to anyone who enjoys sports and loves Larry Bird