Tomorrowville Book Review | Teen Ink

Tomorrowville Book Review

By Yopp22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Yopp22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

In the novel Tomorrowville, the author, David. T Isaak uses many literary techniques to keep the reader intrigued. He also creates lots of action and fast paced storytelling to keep the audience engaged and wanting to read more. And He did this so well I thought I could be a character in the book. 

Toby was a 2008 teen living a life of a hacker trying to find new information. Toby later had an accident causing him to re-appear in 2088 in a new technological world. The novel is an identical representation of China's capitalist, fascist government but in a futuristic tone. Many are arrested and forced into labor for sedition, hate speech, or just being fat. Toby, he relies back onto his hacking abilities to try to change the government forever. 

It wasn't only the themes Isaak brought along it was the way he wrote the piece. He allows the readers to relate to Toby as a friend or even a brother. Isaak portrays Toby as someone who you can quickly connect to. He seems very down to earth and easy to talk to. He makes little hints and details that make the reader think twice about what was said. Toby was a very advanced hacker, although this is often seen as a negative thing, it wasn't.

When it comes to reading an advanced dystopian novel, like Tomorrowville, you aren't just reading more words on a page. You are building relationships and memories that will help you in life. Although the novel seems very gloomy and contains lots of horrors, Isaak's use of advanced speech and literary devices allows the reader to learn more than just Toby. You learn about life and can change your perspective on everything. You are very quick to mentally and emotionally connect to this novel, He uses very intelligent word choice to allow the reader to easily connect to the book and feel like you are a part of the novel. He creates very deep themes all throughout the novel that allow you to find deeper meaning on every page.

Overall, I would give it 4.5 stars and highly recommend it. The novel allowed me to not only see deeper into Toby but also into my own life. I felt very deeply connected to this story and wanted to keep reading even when it was over.

This is an advanced book review on the Novel Tomorrowville by Isaak