Head Down | Teen Ink

Head Down

By dustin.southpaw PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
dustin.southpaw PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are usually the ones who do" - Steve Jobs

Oh-oh what's happening to me, tonight?
Oh-oh Insanity is that you my friend?
Oh-oh I think I feel something inside.
Uh-oh It's happening again.

I wake up, trying to get out of bed, (oh here we go again), tryna catch the thoughts in my head, (oh here we go again), tryna make sense of this world, cuz it's not making sense at all.

I get up, I say "worries you can't beat me, and this wont be the end", all of my friends see me, and they can't help staring, insanity's been crushing me, ever since it started building up it's walls.

and so I'm gonna keep my head down, going through the motions, humble is my head now, forget all my emotions, can I say I'm good now? can I say my deeds outweight my sins? cuz i'm gonna keep my head down, and I'm gonna pray that God wins.

I'll sit up! and show you my filthy hands, so I can get them cleansed, good luck trying to san-itize the mocking sins, now that your hands are tied and you're way past broken and undone.

I spit up! all of these tied ends, lies &, all despising sins, all of those worries, hurry, beat me to the end, don't let me see my life, my goals, and all my friends, don't let me see the sun.

all my demons are skin and bone, this deep confusion leads me home, and I will take this f***ed up life and claim it as my own.

after all I'm not alone, there are many who suffer, many are stoned, and we will take this f***ed up life and claim it as our own.

This peice is about learning to accept that you are not perfect, and the struggle of living with the weight of your faults while trying to tell yourself you're still a good person.

@ccscott99 you totally were stalking xP if you like this one, try "where i have run" that's my greatest peice in my eyes. and no i dont sing or play any instruments, but i do love song writing and I have a thirst for the glory but im scared to actually sing

ccscott99 said...
@CreativeWolf16 This is amazing. I happened to come across this(totally wasnt stalking lol) and am pleasantly surprised. I dont really know what I was expecting but it definitely wasnt this. I tried my hand at songwriting but I feel like I tried to hard with it. Poetry came naturally where as songs didnt. The diction in this peice is fabulous as is the structure. Do you sing too?