Shards | Teen Ink

Shards

September 7, 2013
By Equals PLATINUM, Somewhere, New Jersey
Equals PLATINUM, Somewhere, New Jersey
24 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Lyrics that I create are only lyrics until someone else uses them.


The ice breaks and I start to cry. The earth quakes and I wonder why. The sound brings down shards of glass. I make my way down through the path.

Is it fear or is it anger. I disappear like a bat. In the dark I am ah stranger. The new kid in school, has got it bad.

I run my mouth with careless words. Most of the time, it goes unheard.

Then memories start pouring in. Dreams of times, now I'm ah has been, Now we are broken. I feel lonely. You think I'm joking?

One more crack in my frame. I can't be repaired. It won't be the same. Those stupid people stare. Reminds me that your not there,
To protect me.

The thought of your gentle hands. The way you smile, the way you act, my life broken yours intact.
I see my image in shards of glass, in shards of glass.

shards of glass (shards of glass) shards of glass (shards of glass)

The ice breaks and I start to cry. the earth quakes and I wonder why. The sound brings me down. I am a shard of glass. I make my way, down the path

Is it fear or is it anger? I disappear like a bat. In the dark I am stranger and your just a little brat.

I run my mouth with careless words. Most of the time, it goes unheard.

Then memories start pouring in dreams of times, now I'm ah has been, now we are broken. I feel lonely you think I'm joking?

well I'm not, these shards are broken pieces,
Of my....... heart.

These shards are broken Pieces of my heart.

These shards are broken pieces of my heart.

If only you could see this.

Maybe, we could restart.


The author's comments:
Heavy song, that simply just came to me. (Female Vocalist)