Innocence | Teen Ink

Innocence

By shoutitloud SILVER, Woodbridge, Virginia
shoutitloud SILVER, Woodbridge, Virginia

Life is a little w e i r d, and we are all a little w.e.i.r.d.. and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatable with ours, we join together in a mutal weirdness and call its l.o.v.e<3

Her popsicle drips
down her chin onto her dress
she only giggles

on Jul. 18 2010 at 12:34 am
Patience97 PLATINUM, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania

"People believe that if we really want to eliminate something, focus on that. How much sense does it make for us to give the particular problem all of the energy, as opposed to focusing on trust, love, living in abundance, education, or peace? -Un.

Wow so great! Because "all kids are innocent," right?

thank you so much!(: and yea, i tried to give it a light and simplistic feel to really play up the whole innocence thing!

on Jul. 16 2010 at 8:41 am
WhiteBear SILVER, Beckenham, Kent, Other

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.

this is really good!! love the child-like innocence of this poem, and the feel good feeling that comes with it! gr8 haiku :-)

thank you so much! that comment means a lot(:

AbbyQ PLATINUM said...
on Jul. 15 2010 at 3:26 am
AbbyQ PLATINUM, Fairbanks, Alaska

"When the coroner cuts me open, he will find ink in my veins and blood on my typewriter keys."

Perfect job capturing the perfect picture of perfect innocence. Wonderful job.