Two Birds With One Stone | Teen Ink

Two Birds With One Stone

April 23, 2018
By myad2949 PLATINUM, Strafford, New Hampshire
myad2949 PLATINUM, Strafford, New Hampshire
24 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.


   Nobody thinks that you have a brain. They don't think that you can feel. They don't care how you feel or what you think. They think you are stupid. Dumb. A loose-cannon. A mistake. They yell and they scream until their faces are red. Spit flies from their lips as you cower and cry. All you ever tried to do was love everybody and have fun. You tried to be young, but they won't accept that. They want you to mature, faster, faster, and faster, faster. But you cannot say anything.
   As time went on, you learned. You know what you are supposed to do. But, it is still not good enough for them. You aren't good enough for them. They mumble and whisper about not wanting you anymore. How you are the reason for their problems.
   You cannot say anything. Nobody seems to care about you. They let your brothers and sister roam as you are locked away. You get no freedom. Never get to leave the house. But for some reason, they never understand why you want to run. They degrade you. They call you weird, and strange, and how you're not like anyone of the others. You sit knowing that they don't have to take you. They wanted to. They talk about how you cost so much money. How you weren’t worth it. You can’t say anything about it.
    You lay your head on the carpet as my hand goes to pet your head. You wince and pull back because you're scared. You are scared that I will yell and hit you and say that you are just dumb.
But I know how you feel. You feel alone. You cant tell anyone because, you’re just a dog