i am .............. | Teen Ink

i am ..............

By jp1260 GOLD, Rockhill, South Carolina
jp1260 GOLD, Rockhill, South Carolina

you drive your future

I am fallen

i am within

i am therefored

i am free

i am justified

i am awesome

i am withered

i am jealous

i am kind

i am lost

i am found

i am forgotten about

i am .............

what are you!

jp1260 GOLD said...
on May. 12 2017 at 1:05 pm
jp1260 GOLD, Rockhill, South Carolina

you drive your future

ok thanks very much

hwoodruff98 said...
on Apr. 13 2017 at 10:30 am
hwoodruff98, Lititz, Pennsylvania

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

"What will your verse be?" -Dead Poets Society

"Write drunk, edit sober." -Ernest Hemingway

This is a nice piece. I would suggest the following edits: Line 3: "Therefored" is not a word. What did you mean to say with this? Perhaps I can help you find a word for it. Line 7: "Withered" seems like a contradiction to the previous few lines in which the speaker is "free" and "awesome." In what ways is he/she free? In what ways is he/she withered? And why? This poem is a simple list as it is, but it would be stronger if the speaker would answer these questions and perhaps provide some imagery/other literary devices. Line 8: Jealous of what? Lines 10-12: These lines also contradict one another. In what ways is the speaker found? In what ways are they lost? Can you provide context? How does this make the speaker feel? Line 13: Too many periods. If you want an ellipsis, just go for the three periods. Or just one for finality. Furthermore, for the sake of continuity, either capitalize ever "I," or make the first one lowercase. Over all, this is a nice start, but don't be afraid to really dig into your poem and make it more vivid and engaging to read. Keep writing!