Torn but not Broken | Teen Ink

Torn but not Broken

By BriannaLogan SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
BriannaLogan SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time. - Marian Wright Edelman

She's been lied to, cheated on and still she manages to forgive in the midst of it all

Her mother would often say It's not right why are you loving these men when they don't even acknowledge you the way they should She replies Mom, if they knew how don't you think they would

Then off she goes to apply her makeup waiting for hours till she finally realizes she's been stood up

Tears running down her face in the cold her mother says to her forget about them and start focusing on your career you're only 19 years old

I want my female readers to know that they are priceless. The moment they find themselves in a relationship where they are giving 100 and only receiving 50, understand how beautiful and wonderful you are. Keep your head up. Eventually you'll find someone to love you for you. After all, a princess wears her crown proudly and doesn't ever make it fall.