Dreams | Teen Ink

Dreams

April 23, 2015
By SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
24 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ"I hope you make peace with your pain, and never lose your flames."


As you see

The outside shell

Of a dream

What do you think?

 

Is this perfection?

Is this hope?

Are these dimensions

Of a ghost?

 

No, this is lost hope.

Mortals, how we don’t understand

How to cope

With the fear.

 

Standing on the battlefield

There is danger to yield

Yet I stand a great distance

Behind the ones that I heal.

 

The dreams we know so well

Are turning to blood

As we wait and tell

The stories of all that could.


The author's comments:

This piece is just a random one I wrote in my free time. I think it really speaks out to be different though. I will be submitting this piece into my school's writing contest next year. I submitted one this year and won the tenth grade placement. I wanted to make something strange...something different...something for you to think about. When you look at a dream, what do you see? Then it all turns to morbidity and darkness. My writing style is mainly dark and pure morbidity most times, because I feel like dark pieces give more of a variety then happy-go-lucky pieces do. I did write happy-go-lucky pieces when I was younger, 10-11 years old. As I am maturing though, I am getting more experienced and into my work where I feel like the girl I was back then isn't who I am now. I was super girly and always loved pink and being popular..but now I am the wallflower in school. I don't get noticed much, I am a rocker, I love rock music and wear black 24/7. Me changing from girly to rocker from 10-16 years old really helped me find what style I should be writing in. Happy and girly or dark and morbid. Dark and morbid, because that is who I grew up to be and I couldn't imagine it any other way. I think another reason on why that probably happened was switching schools 3 different times in that time period. I like writing things that give the readers something to think about, and I think I did exactly that in this piece. Comments and ratings are very well appreciated:) Open to any questions as well:)