Remembrance | Teen Ink

Remembrance

By ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

Was there ever an us? did you see me the way I saw you? I guess that's the question I'll never answer, huh?

I remember you far too well and it's driving me insane.

I can remember the sight of you when my world came crashing down, when no one else could see me fall.

I can remember the thoughts of you when the bitter chills of life nearly knocked me down again.

I can remember the taste of your lips as we kissed, refueling me and bringing me to understand that love is possible for all who embrace its sharp justice.

I can remember the first poem you gave me as you walked by in the hall, yet you walked fast in excitement. The words were as beautiful as your spirit.

I can remember the way you looked down when I'd talk with you or when I acknowledged you period.

I can  remember the feel of your skin against mine as we clung together as lovers do. With every breath I can still smell your scent, as distinguished as perfumes yet sweeter.

But alas, you're gone and I know you no more while I stare out at where my heart once soared between the clouds. I miss you, I suppose. And I know it's more than you miss me, so I guess I should cut my losses. But, No! I can't stop what I felt for you, it's not a mathematical, scientific, literal, or technical possibility. You're still stuck in my brain wherever I am.

In the car, I see your eyes. In the library, I see your smile. In the arcade, I feel your prescence when I'm alone.

Why is it tormenting me like this? Am I suppose to feel this way over elements I can't control? I'm drunk off of desperation! It's burning my soul and I can't sooth the flames with a bottle of rum, can't steam and relax with tobacco. I must get over yo, but I can't and it's the bane of my existence.

Will I see you again? I think not, but it never hurts to believe it. No wait, It kinda does, now that I think about it, you're in the very air I breathe.

Calm down, now I can be myself, but I was outside of the box and now I'm back in but keep wishing for the view I once had. You said you'd forgotten love, well so did I and we found each other before long, so now I can wish away with the feeling of emptiness and replace it with a feeling of perpetual darkness.

But there is a cure, take my hands, and let me give you what seems necessary, for once your lips touch mine the world will know that no games were played and we were still all in.

Was there ever an us? did you see me the way I saw you? was the love we had once true? I guess those questions are filed away with the memories I keep of you.

Just venting I guess, I'm letting it out because the forums are too slow. Poem one of god knows how many, until I get over this (the past few days are really the most I've thought of it.

on Sep. 22 2015 at 10:19 am

thx lol noted. and thx for reading

on Sep. 12 2015 at 8:14 pm
EmmaClaire0823 GOLD, Bay Minette, Alabama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

The figurative language and comparisons are really good, though the poetic feeling is lacking. It seems a bit too rant like. When I read it I didn't feel a type of rhythm or beat. It had more of a short story feeling to me. The emotion was great though. Good job!

on Apr. 2 2015 at 2:19 pm

Lol I am truly touched XD

on Apr. 2 2015 at 10:24 am
AvengeMyBrokenSong GOLD, WHOOP, New York

"It takes more strength to cry at mid-defeat."
-Susan Boyle
"The closer you get to the light, the bigger your shadow becomes."
-Kingdom Hearts

"Enjoyed' doesn't even cover it, thank YOU for writing something so beautiful^-^

on Apr. 2 2015 at 10:22 am

Thank you :) glad you enjoyed it XD

on Apr. 2 2015 at 8:44 am

-Susan Boyle
-Kingdom Hearts

When I write, I try to put my feeling on paper...or computer screen^-^ Your writing reminds me of how I feel, and the best part is that it seems to genuine and true that you can't help but feel the emotions you are experiencing; well done.

on Mar. 25 2015 at 7:02 pm

Thank you lol

on Mar. 25 2015 at 6:36 pm
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

A lot of emotion, but I think this could be better with better flow. You write a little too much like a rant to fit poetry. But I do think this is a good start.

on Feb. 7 2015 at 10:00 pm
L_DepthsofDespair, Bamaha, California

Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.

Will Smith

:) Do you mind taking a look at my poem titled " The thoughts of a lofty adolescent"? I would love to hear your feedback!

on Feb. 7 2015 at 4:28 pm

thank you, i am truly honored :D

on Feb. 7 2015 at 1:29 pm
L_DepthsofDespair, Bamaha, California

Will Smith

This was so heartfelt! I could feel the emotions along with you. You are truly a great poet. Your poem embodies such significance. I love your work!

on Feb. 5 2015 at 9:21 pm

jus like the most recent episode of "poetic fanatics" lol. I intend to write back in a little bit XD.

on Feb. 5 2015 at 11:44 am
Storyteller13 PLATINUM, Monticello, Illinois

Playing a role, that easy, but being yourself, that's a challenge.

- Ms. Darbus (HSM3)

So sad and so beautiful Poet

on Feb. 2 2015 at 7:57 pm

Thx lol I do

on Feb. 2 2015 at 7:57 pm

Lol, glad u liked it. A truly touching comment, bby girl

Ana143 GOLD said...
on Feb. 2 2015 at 3:39 pm
Ana143 GOLD, Bolivar, Ohio

"Your always beautiful in my eyes"
"Be who you are not what someone else wants you to be"

It was beautiful! you are a amazing poet! this poem really touched me.This is the kind of writing i want to be good at and i do write about. Keep up the good work. looking forward to reading more of your poems

on Feb. 1 2015 at 11:37 pm
Danielm.baker SILVER, Mount Vernon, Washington

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

You seem like you have a lot to vent about bruh. Haha nice poems

on Jan. 28 2015 at 7:54 pm

XD. Thanks ray, heartfelt.

on Jan. 28 2015 at 7:53 pm

XD lol, bby girl. That comment brought me to proverbial tears. Was I calm? I thik not, but I'm glad you brought it to my attention.

on Jan. 27 2015 at 9:41 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Yet another flipping amazing poem from the Poet himself. I can't tell you how close I got to crying on this one line: "No wait, It kinda does, now that I think about it, you're in the very air I breathe." I mean, it's sorta creepy, but it really does remind me of an ex. But that's not really a bad thing. I'm glad that your writing can touch me the way it did, because honestly, this was gorgeous. Probably your best work, I may venture to say. One thing that I'm not sure was purposeful was the first word of every line... Was I (times infinity) But In Why Will Calm But Was. Slim it down a bit and the hidden message is... Was I calm? And why? But WAS I calm? (Okay, that was a bit of a stretch, but hey, if it fits, it ships.) Thanks for writing this, Master Poet. *bows*