You Can Let Go Now | Teen Ink

You Can Let Go Now

By Angel_Wing23 GOLD, Wolcottville, Indiana
Angel_Wing23 GOLD, Wolcottville, Indiana

"You know what "Normal" is? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that." - Ashley Purdy from the band Black Veil Brides said that and I am going to keep using this quote.

Me sitting there praying that she will live longer,
With the tears about to roll down my face,
Holding her hand softly.

Not wanting to leave,
Sitting there not wanting her to go yet,
Me sitting there praying that she will live longer.

Family and friends wanting her to hold on longer,
Remembering the times that have come and gone,
Holding her hand softly.

Feeling her slipping away every minute,
Trying to hold onto the moments before there gone forever,

It’s ok you can let go now,
I will always remember you and till the time comes I know we will meet again,
Holding her hand softly.

You will always be watching over everyone,
I know you will get your wings,
Holding her hand softly.

This poem was ment for my Great Grandma who passed away from a bone cancer that she had been fighting sence the 70's. She passed away a few weeks before my freshman year of high school. I hope some of you take the time out of your day and go and visit your loved ones. I feel regret for not going and visting as much as i should have. So please hold on to your loved ones for as long as you can. I will always remember what she said before she died. She said, "Love is red." I will never forget what she said.

on Jan. 26 2015 at 9:53 pm
bourgeoisiehater GOLD, Weaverville, North Carolina
Gave me goosebumps :) I love those kind of poems

on Jan. 24 2015 at 10:12 pm
lastingbreath16 DIAMOND, Lake Alfred, Florida

screw it all if life gives u lemons do what ever you feel the need to do with them.

This was beautiful

on Dec. 31 2014 at 3:46 pm

Thanks I wrote it my Freshman year of High School which was like last year lol :)

on Dec. 31 2014 at 3:33 pm
the3rdkind GOLD, Santo Domingo, Other

One day you are seventeen and planning for someday. And then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And that someday is yesterday. And this is your life. - Nathan Scott (OTH)

woww.. powerful. I liked the repetition of "holding her hand softly"

LyricBlunt said...
on Oct. 22 2014 at 5:00 pm
LyricBlunt, Denver, Colorado

"Music expresses who you are as a person." "Oh, butterfingers."Opportunities' come when you least expect it, it is all up to you what you do with them. Life sometimes throws you a curveball, you just got to go with it sometimes.

This is absoultey amazing, I am so speechless. Believe me no one does that except a couple of people on here.  Keep on writing this is a sad and amazing poem, this is amazing. I feel so bad  for your lost of your great grandma, especially on bone caner. My Grandma died today, So I am sad too also. I hope you get better, I pray to god you get better. You shouldn't fel bad for not visitng her, that is your choice, if you had the chance next time you ould have visit her. You never know what you have in till you lose it. You great grandma will live through memories, in your mind and heart. Okay gt better. Great work _angel of chaos.