The science of love | Teen Ink

The science of love

August 22, 2014
By Mario94 GOLD, Secaucus, New Jersey
Mario94 GOLD, Secaucus, New Jersey
12 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I Rather draw than paint, But I rather express than nothing at all"- Mario,“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”
― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa


The heart wants what it wants. Something we all heard of before, yet we deny it of its' worth. Love is not about who is a winner or who raised the most trophies, but rather where chemistry lies and a true golden heart. The point of this mysterious word that hangs us from a cliff on most occasions and seems to leave us without any solid ground is truly about that one person that flips the world around and makes Atlas himself green with envy. The heart, the muscle responsible for pumping the gift of life giving blood, is no more than a fragile husk that needs precious handling. Within proper time and tender hands, adrenaline filled blood happily beats faster, thus the first moment of intertwining pulses is utter bliss.

 Though, the heart drags strife into your peripheral vision, the feelings are like no other. Upon the laying of your eyes on an enchanting life force whom graces you, enables what feels like timeless hours. Enfolding her in your arms while looking through her luscious eyes, in search for her soul behind the buttoned up window. Musical leers and magical smiles, slowly realizing your pulses are waltzing along to the intangible vibes of each other’s Heart. A thumping against your ribs, encasing her head above your soul, you soak in the precious gaze and the sparkle in her eyes. The setting sun casting a riveting background of her inner beauty, her hair flowing in the breeze leaving the wind nymphs and Venus herself jealous of her beauty. 

 Strolling along under the stars walking hand in hand, pausing to catch another glance of the breath taking sight, you can’t help but smile. Through all this, it seems both of you are sharing a similar beat, feeling more than just physical and emotional attraction, but intellectual love. A sensation so powerful it constructs more of a fortified bond. Seizing the opportunity, you gently hold the torso of this beautiful soul, and with a bite of a lip, and caress of her rhythmic body, you passionately give yourself to each other. A true love’s kiss knows no race or color; a golden heart only knows the warm touch and beating heart of their other half.


The author's comments:

Love is what inspired me to write this poem. But really, it's not just the aspect of love, but rather the events from the beginning up to it's climax. The true meaning of LOVE!