My Mother | Teen Ink

My Mother

April 2, 2014
By Little_Singer SILVER, Wild Rose, Wisconsin
Little_Singer SILVER, Wild Rose, Wisconsin
9 articles 2 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If" by Rudyard Kipling


My mother is a nurse. All knowing. Hard working. Caring. Gentle. But never has any band aids.
My mother is a coach. Always there to tell you "rub a little dirt in it!" Always there with a pep talk. Passionate and full of energy.
My mother is a general. She loves to give orders. She runs a tight ship and hates messes.
My mother is a house. She is the foundation in which my family makes their life. She is there to protect us from the storms that might knock us down.
My mother is a warrior. Battling every minute of every day to ensure a good future for our family. Fighting every second to get what she deserves.
My mother is an actress. She can make you believe you will be ok in the morning, even if she is terrified of tomorrow.
My mother is a baby bird. Knowing one day she will be able to fly, but must wait patiently for that day.
My mother is a rock. Steady. Solid. Hard. I can count of her to be there when I need her most.
My mother is a lifeboat. She will keep you afloat amidst a sea of troubles. If you are drowning, she will be there to rescue you.
My mother is the sun. Warming you. Giving you light to see and joy. She guides you through life with her light and love.
My mother is the moon. Guiding the tides and sweet flowing waters. Making sure you never lose your way in the darkness.
My mother is a path. If you follow her you can never get lost.
My mother is a woman. Strong. Rough. Tough. Impenetrable. Soft. Sad. Wandering. Drifting.
My mother is the world.