Infinity | Teen Ink

Infinity

By The_Capricornian GOLD, Marietta, Georgia
The_Capricornian GOLD, Marietta, Georgia

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. - Ernest Hemingway

I'm in a tunnel,
at the end there's a light
I squint my eyes,
for its ethereally bright

I follow the light
through twists and turns
Though it never gets closer
and my legs now burn

I'm losing hope,
it's dwindling slowly
I may never feel the light
on my wrinkled skin fully

But alas!
I am near!
The light is growing stronger,
and the cheer and jeer I can hear!

I pass through the light,
as it ever divide
But there is only another tunnel,
so I fear I must abide

This piece was made on a trip to Tennessee during my 8th grade year when I walked into our hotel room and suddenly felt poetic. It is one of the two that I like what came out of me and my sister's mind, and was heavily influenced by Edgar Allen Poe (my 8th grade ELA teacher's #1 author).

Tizzy BRONZE said...
on Nov. 24 2013 at 5:08 am
Tizzy BRONZE, Dhaka, Other

I sleep to much, parents complain. I sleep less, parents complain. I go out too much, parents complain. I don't go out too much, parents complain. I play games too much, parents complain. I play games less, parents complain. I CANT WIN!

It's great! Oh my gold, it's amazing! Just love it! It rhymes, it makes sense, and the readers are odd! Bravo! Well done! Wow!

Carly_Elizabeth PLATINUM, Othello, Washington

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
Roald Dahl

This is really awesome! I like it a lot. When I read it, it reminded me of being in a coma and knowing I was asleep, but couldn't wake up. It's really good and flows perfectly. I don't really think there's any critism I can give on this, cause your diction is perfect and it sounds great. Keep up the writing!

The lack of an "s" was a stylistic choice.  I did it because it rhymes better and is strangly satisfying for me. (Is that a sane thing to say?)

Calliashi SILVER, Litchfield Park, Arizona

The man with the key is king and honey, you should see me in a crown. ~James Moriarty

Ooh ominous! Great piece. I could see everything well and portrayed mood well. Juat one minor grammar error where it should be "divides" to make it flow better.