The Fall | Teen Ink

The Fall

September 15, 2013
By KeiarahParris BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
KeiarahParris BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
''Imitation is suicide''
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


I've fallen in love,and it seems I should get up. I have not been caught during this fall, flat faced on the ground is how It ended. My mind telling me it was ok to dream. My heart disagreeing saying I'm a fool for I allowed myself to let go of what was reality. My heart which no longer beats in accord with another for it lost its beat it once skipped, is feeling the pain that has taken over, and is growing to be weary. My happy ever after ended slowly proving never to never be said. Is it the heart that tells us were in love or is it the mind who believes so? Your mind can say yes your in love but your heart can so No, your in love with love this is only what you desire, not what you really have. The thought of heartbreak and depression frightens the heart building up a great wall, and only the thought of happiness and fairytales excites the mind, for the mind likes to dream and all imaginations are valid. Love is unpredictable yet I put my heart on the battle field to fight and I was in war beating the odds, I was falling hard. My mind was in love with love, Me, paying attention to the dreams and imaginations my mind thought of. My heart too falling deeply in love seeing the picture my mind painted. I was ignoring reality and the odds defeated me. I fell, took a hard one, love pushing me over the cliff and turning my heart cold, allowing it to go numb for this very fall will be my last.


The author's comments:
Being heartbroken by my first love hurt me to the core. Writing helped me to recover.