Defense | Teen Ink

Defense

August 4, 2013
By Equals PLATINUM, Somewhere, New Jersey
Equals PLATINUM, Somewhere, New Jersey
24 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Lyrics that I create are only lyrics until someone else uses them.


They say I'm profound I know I'm world renowned.
I got a pair of pocket aces and a crown.
They say if I play my cards right they'll except me, respect me well that's all nice and great.
But, the thing that makes me clench my fists is the way you enjoy getting me pissed. You push me over the edge but it's a short fall. I'll step over your hedge cause I don't crawl. You want to break my soul tell me lies but you ain't never gonna gain respect from these eyes. My tower can not be broken for the foundation is strong. I must end this now for this chivalry has gone on for to long. So I pay my respects to all of man kind. But, you put a hand on me sir And you've entered the arena. Go ahead cross that line.


The author's comments:
This is a Free Verse that describes my life during Middle School through High School. I was bullied and the teachers did next to nothing, so if a student laid a hand on me, well lets just say they'd be crying about it for a few days.