Grief Thoughts | Teen Ink

Grief Thoughts

July 13, 2013
By Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
15 articles 0 photos 63 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams


A tear drops. To others though, as they look upon my face, all they see is a smile and hear a laugh. Though on the inside, a river runs free. Pain envelopes the heart and I feel myself drown once more as I keep composed to all others. Tidal waves rush over me, continuously dragging me under. But like always, I pull free, moments before life escapes my body. I know I must pull through. There is too much left to live for. So many chances I still have to take. So many people that care about me. Well… at least I believe them when they say they do. But even if they don’t, I still care for them. I know that if I’m gone I cannot express that, and possibly, I could hurt them. So as the tears roll and the waves sweep over me again, I know deep down that I must fight on. I drag myself out of the torrent and onto shore, finally escaping its grasp. As on the inside I fight for breath, I go through the motions of the day on the outside, a pin-prick away from being dragged back into the depths of my soul. I keep a straight face for those around me as not to worry them, but this stable foundation they see is rotting from the inside. But as I lay on the shore of my heart, I think of all that I have and what I still fight for. I truly smile for a moment. But just as quickly as it comes, it wavers. Fore I see a tsunami on the horizon. I know I’ll have to fight once more and I have already accepted this. But a hand in mine would calm the uncertainty I feel. So I hold mine out to all that are there. Hopefully one will take it… before it’s too late.