The Right Guy | Teen Ink

The Right Guy

June 15, 2012
By LitaSoto GOLD, Charlotte, North Carolina
LitaSoto GOLD, Charlotte, North Carolina
11 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
'Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all"
"All is fair in love and war."


Is it wrong to love? What is love?

Some say it's seeing a person and getting butterflies in your tummy. Others say it's the sex. Well I hope that it's some what like the first.
I want to see my true love and have my tummy tickle. I want jump into his arms and not let go. I want to be held not just for show but for comfort. I want to be taken to the beach and watch the sun go down . But what I really want is the love to be real.

I don't want the guy who will show me off to his friends like some kind of new dog. I don't want a guy who is going to hold me to make another girl jealous on purpose. I don't want the guy who will take me to a fast food place and call it fancy. I don't want a "thug" or "gangsta" who's going to break my heart on purpose. I don't want a guy with s** on his mind every hour of the live day. But I really don't want is a so called "player".

All I need is he fairy-tale story. But in this world that will be a huge miracle.


The author's comments:
This is really an opinion piece about the right guy. It's read with softness in your voice so that is what makes it a free-verse poem.