Rumors | Teen Ink

Rumors

By thewriteidea DIAMOND, Pleasanton, California
thewriteidea DIAMOND, Pleasanton, California

"Don't cry that it's over, smile because it has happened."

Rumor has it she’s pregnant.
She had too many cupcakes.

Rumor has it she’s anorexic.
She’s been trying to gain weight all her life.

Rumor has it she’s bulimic.
She had bad sushi.

Rumor has it she’s a whore.
She hasn’t had her first kiss.

Rumor has it she’s dumb.
She has learning disabilities.

Rumor has it she’s annoying.
She wants to fit in.

Rumor has it she bled through her pants.
She sat in ketchup.

Rumor has it she’s gross.
She sweats in her armpits.

Rumor has it she doesn’t have friends.
She went to the movies with her parents.

Rumor has it she has an STD.
She checked in at the doctor’s office.

Rumor has it she’s a b****.
She’s tired of all the rumors.

Inkslinger BRONZE, Chattanooga, Oklahoma

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."--Marianne Williamson

Beautiful work.

xximjustmexx PLATINUM, Oak Forest, Illinois

There's no god. There's no religion. There's only life, what you do with YOUR life, who YOU let affect YOUR life. Bad things happen to everyone, you just have to learn to deal with them.

This is so true. It's sad that people do start rumors. I've been the main topic of some. And most of the time, the people that start the rumors are just jealous or disappointed for the things they do and don't have.

toto1601 BRONZE, Springs Co., Colorado

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”
― Maurice Switzer

This is a wonderful poem!!

Lola_Black GOLD, Harrison, Michigan

"I've always been famous. It's just everybody's just now finding out." --Lady Gaga

I love this so much I almost cried. Sublimely sad. (The last stanza is my favorite, but the way!) If you don't mind, could you read some of my poems? Thanks.

Laura_Oliver GOLD, Manchester, Connecticut

So true, sadly.

Plus I would appreciate it if you could check out and leave some feedback on my poems as well.

Keep writing!