Callous Freak | Teen Ink

Callous Freak

By Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

A half-carton of ice cream? Really?
Well, you just killed the pancreas there buddy.
I’d like you to know that all of us aren’t nearly
As stuffed and bloated as you are.
This was meant to be a family social event,
But I suppose we can make this all about you.
I’m so sorry to hear your moving back to Ohio
Well, not really, since everyone wants you gone.
You’re makeup looks terrible by the way,
Like teardrops speeding past your eyeliner
Racing down the sides of your cheek.
I bet he saved the ring for the other woman.
So, while your filth ruins my brand new sofa
You can share all your pathetic sob stories
And I can try my best to pretend I care.
Please don’t bother asking how I’ve been
Or pretend to act interested in me at all.
Remember, its not about me, its all about you.

Please do commentate captain. If you dont like it, please say WHY. I am loving the inputism. I didn't really feel the need to explain this one, I thought it was obvious, unless the definition of obvious has changed in the last 325 years. It would be conducive for you to do your dance at the time which is now.

on Jun. 24 2014 at 5:30 pm
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

Really? Hmmm...interesting. I appreciate you reading my work.

on Jun. 23 2014 at 3:36 am
Miss_Orange SILVER, Makati, Other

"I'm OK, I'm Fine and I'm alright are the greatest lies people tell each other everyday." By Me.

You are now one of my favorite authors!  

on Mar. 21 2013 at 10:41 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

And I do so love your username :D

on Mar. 21 2013 at 10:40 am

- Maya Angelou

Now I'm gonna read ALL of your poetry!

on Mar. 21 2013 at 10:38 am

- Maya Angelou

That was like a bucket of water on my face! Splash! BAng! LOL , I do love your style, it's so frank and open and ironic. I just L-O-V-E the irony. 

on Mar. 20 2013 at 9:35 am
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

I do love the commentism and feedbackism, thanking yoiu much as always.

on Mar. 18 2013 at 11:44 pm
DarkBlueBaby BRONZE, Chestnut Ridge, New York

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" ~ Dr. Seuss
"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."

Wow. As always, brilliant :D I love how powerful your pieces are. You certainly know how to end all of your works with a bang. Love, love, love it.

on Jul. 28 2011 at 9:52 pm
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

i thought you said do i always call people captain so i was like yeah but that dont mean youre NOT special.

-hey, its all about you.

jk

Aderes47 GOLD said...
on Jul. 28 2011 at 9:35 pm
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

Why did you say 

Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean you're special? This is nothing to do with me! 

on Jul. 28 2011 at 7:18 pm
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

well yeah, but that doesnt mean you're not special.....

MERCI TRES BEACOUP POUR TOUTE LES COMMENTAIRES!!! no i dont read it. its nice that your mom has a subscription. thank you so much for timing the take to commentate captain.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
on Jul. 28 2011 at 4:19 pm
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Henry Drummond

This poem is funny but cynical and melancholic at the same time. I actually kinda-of like it, reminds me of the work in the The New Yorker magazine. Your poem would fit perfectly in there. :)  You read it? I just like the cartoons, but my mom has a subscription. 

Why do you refer to people as captain and always say merci? Just wondering... :)

on Jul. 13 2011 at 8:14 pm
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

thank you so very much for the inputism.  youre too kind captain. merci merci.

on Jul. 13 2011 at 12:46 pm
AmberElisabeth GOLD, Pearcy, Arkansas

I have a lot of favorite quotes, so I couldn't possibly just pick one.(:

You have really nice work. I like it alot. I've been writing poems for a couple of years, but I have never had ones as beautiful and inspiring as yours. I'm writing a book at the moment. I look forward to seeing more of your work.(:

on Jul. 6 2011 at 4:51 pm
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

then it is that captain. i owe you one coming.

on Jul. 5 2011 at 3:58 pm
Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

Oh no, Boosflash, you don't have to do that. Remember, it's not about me, it's all about you.

Changing my mind and weeping bitterly: "I need that poem!"

Are you an observer of your debts? If so, I'd be delighted.

on Jul. 5 2011 at 1:06 pm
IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

Ehhhh.                                    

on Jul. 5 2011 at 1:00 pm
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

well in that case, the eels are chewing up my commentary on the poem and its purpose. this is one of the most straight forward poems i've ever written.

on Jul. 5 2011 at 12:57 pm

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

~Thesilentraven

Ah, but I sense more behind the eels, they protect a double meaning. The weight of said meaning sinks the ship even further, perhaps even into the deepest canyon on the ocean floor.

on Jul. 5 2011 at 12:00 pm
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

thank you so much for loving the last line. it is that i love the lastl ine also. it is that the last line is the inspiration of the whole poem. and i do owe you a poem a dont I captain? does thy raven dareth inspire thee again?

on Jul. 5 2011 at 11:57 am
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

it is that you're input is so very awesome captain. t is that i am thanking you for this input. it is also that you should do your dance.