Falling Too Fast | Teen Ink

Falling Too Fast

By WriterWithWings DIAMOND, Seneca, South Carolina
WriterWithWings DIAMOND, Seneca, South Carolina

“Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't.”
"Love is a drug. a drug that distorts reality, and thats the point of it. No body would fall in love with someone who they really saw."
"Words and hea

I’m falling down, down, down,
Into the deep abyss of misery,
That engulfs our world.
Flailing and thrashing for something,
Anything to grab and save me,
From my awaiting fate.
But nothing is there to rescue me,
No one is there to help,
Me along the way.
I fell down the whole without warning,
I had wanted to explore it, not
Lose myself in it.
All little girls creep closer and closer,
Tiptoeing near the unknown,
Near our future.
Then out of nowhere we fall,
Like Alice in Wonderland,
Down the hole.
Suddenly we are getting older,
Becoming more mature,
And we can’t stop.
No matter how much I pray, how hard I try,
It won’t stop, won’t freeze, I am,
Slowly dying.

on Nov. 8 2010 at 6:55 pm
SMWells PLATINUM, Carlisle, South Carolina

Some truths best left unspoken.

Honestly, I admire your poetry. Why els do you think I'd have given it so much thought? But... much as it hurts my overflown ego to admitt it. I find it an exausting efort to argue with you. I realise people have there diferences. Or, I should say, I'm just starting to realy figuer that out. If you chose to see things your way. Well, then if you'll forgive me for saying so. I'm happy to admitt it's none of my busness.And wile I don't resent the thought of your coming glow of rejoicing that you won out. I can't say I shall be happy to drop the corisponence. I've rather injoyed arguing with somone who can give inteligent diagrement. Trust me, though I have an odd way of expresing myself. Anyone who is much acquanted with me, could have told you frome the start. The fact that i comenteed at all means your poem had no small efect on me.

on Nov. 8 2010 at 5:46 pm

"Words and hea

Good lord, just do me a favor, if you don't care about my poems, then stop commenting.

on Nov. 8 2010 at 5:20 pm

Some truths best left unspoken.

And yet you feel know amusement. That's why you find it nesisary to inform me.

on Nov. 8 2010 at 4:22 pm
HaleyBree BRONZE, Seneca, South Carolina

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."
-Bob Marley♥

and, aha outdo 'WriterWithWings"? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you make me laugh(:

on Nov. 8 2010 at 4:20 pm

-Bob Marley♥

She was just stateing a fact. Not an insult. And why would it disapoint me?, and read your poem?, aha(: , if it was the last poem on earth i wouldn't read it(:

on Nov. 8 2010 at 4:19 pm

Some truths best left unspoken.

Well thank you for letting me know how you feel about it.I don't supose it's because your afraid of being outdone?

on Nov. 8 2010 at 3:16 pm

"Words and hea

Oh, don't worry, it wasn't an insult in any way. It was a simple realization of your lack of capabilities and reasons to continue commenting on my work. And no thank you, I could go a lifetime without ever desiring to read your poem, but thanks for the offer.

on Nov. 8 2010 at 1:42 pm

Some truths best left unspoken.

If she wasn't trying to insult me, then pray tell, why did she repete  what has already been said. When it could not be cald positiv. And holds know other purpose. But I hate to disapoint you when I say, my pothetic pslelling, Has never hinderd my poetic skill. If indeed, I realy have any. You can continue to critisise my spelling and coments. But you haven't critisised my poem. The only one that has been posted. I would be delighted if you gave it a bad rating. So long as you beleve it an honest one.

on Nov. 8 2010 at 12:54 pm

-Bob Marley♥

Oh, shes very good at insulting, but how do you even know that shes trying to insult you. And wow, no one else has ever told you that you were negitive?? I surely do not believe that. On almost everyone of her stories you have something negitive to say about them. Why can't you just keep all your comments about her stories and poems to yourself?, and like i said you missed the part where i said we're best friends, because you we're too busy critizing her work!, and sweetie, your not gonna get anywhere in life if you don't know how to spell. READ A DICTONARY!

on Nov. 8 2010 at 6:49 am

Some truths best left unspoken.

A pitty your not any better at  insulting. That is one insult that dosen't realy bother me. Besides, you already used it once. Don't wear it to shreds. Try somthing more origanal.

on Nov. 7 2010 at 6:54 pm

"Words and hea

Yes, very good at it. Now, how about trying to improve your spelling capabilites?

on Nov. 7 2010 at 6:46 pm

Some truths best left unspoken.

We are definately not in court. But if you said anything about being best frinds. I didn't read it. I could only laugh when I read What you said about my being negitive. Your the first person I've ever herd say that. It's a refreshing change frome being cald an optemist! Not that I try to be negitive. I just seam to be good at it.

on Nov. 7 2010 at 6:30 pm

-Bob Marley♥

My lord!, sounds like we're in court!, " did you or did you not" aha. wow. She wrote it when she was 13, shes not 13 anymore; i said that bc i've known her for a long time!, and i was with her when she was 13, and was writing the poem!, and duhhh i said me and her was best friends, on another story but if u we're paying attition and not sayin something negitive! you would of caught it!

on Nov. 7 2010 at 6:19 pm

"Words and hea

Yeah she did, though not on this piece. Yes, I did write this when I was thirteen. What's it mean to you

on Nov. 7 2010 at 6:12 pm

Some truths best left unspoken.

I don't have the slightest idea what your talking about. She did not say you were best frinds. Did you, or did you not ,write the poem at the age of thirteen?

on Nov. 7 2010 at 6:08 pm

"Words and hea

Did the part where she commented about me being her best friend not give it away? Who said I was still 13 dear

on Nov. 7 2010 at 6:06 pm

Some truths best left unspoken.

I was begining to suspect you to might know each other. But, it's agains the rules to give presonal imformation. Like, ages. But...I do think it's good, [for a 13 year old]

on Nov. 7 2010 at 4:05 pm

"Words and hea

Hmm.. I dont know. Could it be that she came to my 13th birthday party...? No, that's surely not  it...

on Nov. 7 2010 at 3:24 pm

Some truths best left unspoken.

What makes you think she's thirteen?

on Nov. 7 2010 at 3:15 pm

-Bob Marley♥

Well i think, you don't know a good poem when its right in front of you!, her peices are AMAZING for a person only 13!