Mother | Teen Ink

Mother

By Mandinova SILVER, Danville, Kentucky
Mandinova SILVER, Danville, Kentucky

Man performs and engenders so much more than he can or should have to bear. That's how he finds that he can bear anything. ~William Faulkner And "When life gives you Lemons ... you squeze them in someones eye!" yea i bet you just giggled a little

It’s your fault … it’s always been your fault why do you have to blame me…
This was your mess.
I’ m the one who kept you together, who kept you smiling even though you wanted to cry … I kept you sane …but only for a while . ‘
You were so wrapped with your own feelings and hurt you never stopped to recognize my own … I never showed you any emotion … just so you didn’t have to feel bad.
But all this time you never noticed … at all? … I guess I should expect this you were never there anyways…
Stop with your excuses … stop trying to look all put together in public … because im the only one who sees the real you …
Crying constantly …smoking all the time … taking pain pills … staying in someone else house for days...why me…?
See you for a few hours … and then you’re gone … I wrote something for you at school …
Guess it wasn’t that important …
Did you know I got my first boyfriend today…? Did you know he broke my heart and embarrassed me in front of the school today…?
Why are you getting married…? I hate you... Im not leaving my house…
Im not sleeping in his house …
Hey guess what... I cut myself today …I know, do you like it... the counselor says im crazy…
Hey mom guess what… I got drunk and took some of your pills today and got caught at school…
“how do you like that mom? Is that good enough for you? I tried my hardest … I guess you didn’t notice …. Well let me tell you what else you missed ….
I got made fun of at school today…I picked up your cigarettes and started smoking … how cute look I want to be just like you…
My teachers are failing me … I might be held back… I just didn’t feel like going to school today so I skipped …
You will never guess what I found …letters … yea lots of letters … I didn’t even think he cared anymore … why didn’t you tell me…
I laid in bed all day … ate … smoked …. And went back to sleep … I bet you didn’t know that I want to go to sleep for good…
I put a blade to my arm today mom… I put a gun to my head but it jammed …I laid on the floor and cried all night …
Do you know who I am...?
Between the unspoken words and the uncried tears is a real person and she used to be your daughter but not anymore …
The pain and anger is building up by the second … you don’t know the depression and desperation I feel … the regret for not running away when I had the chance … I sit here enclosed in these four walls … plotting and planning …what that is you will never know …
My mind has escaped from me… taking all emotions and actions with it …. I feel like a statue … I have faded Into the background of every unspoken word and tear … LIES that’s all your full … my whole life has been a lie … but somehow you can still lay down at night and sleep.
You want to know who I am … just walk a mile in my shoes … im a size ten … what about you…?
You hurt me… broke me … made me know what hate and pain were…
But you won’t do it again… I refuse to be beaten and broken again… you will not break me down … I promise I will fight to my very last breath....

This is me...