Save me | Teen Ink

Save me

By RoseR. PLATINUM, Tomah, Wisconsin
RoseR. PLATINUM, Tomah, Wisconsin

id rather be hated for who i am than be loved for someone im not, ill never be JUST a memory.

Save me from anxiety
Panic, fear-
Take them from me
I want to run
Set me free
Tell me how ok I’ll be
Remind me of the calming breath
When I take it I will forget
Why everything seemed such a threat
My heart stopped racing
I am calm
Now let’s see what had gone wrong

i have anxiety and i am in a class to help with it. one of the skills that help me most is the calming breath. this poem is about a break through with this skill, whereas my other poem on anxiety "ANXIETY ATTACK" is when it got the best of me.

on Aug. 2 2010 at 2:26 pm
RoseR. PLATINUM, Tomah, Wisconsin

thank you very much. its so exciting to have comments on my work. i will deffinitely look into that.

on Jul. 27 2010 at 7:42 pm
Miss.ReNa SILVER, Sacramento, California

you are very talented and im not saying it just to say it.you have a special gift..n its good to see you using it in a wonderful way....keep up the good work and you will go far.......for something to thnk about..i am putting together a book filled with diffirent poems from diffirent poets...if you look up a book called whispers you can see how everything goes if you would like to put your poetry in a book you can get you poems copyrighted and get them put in a book..good job on your writtng!!5 stars up

on Feb. 26 2010 at 2:44 pm
RoseR. PLATINUM, Tomah, Wisconsin

thanks dude! that means alot to me.

on Feb. 21 2010 at 6:34 pm
AMCLRIDCA PLATINUM, CDA, Idaho

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away.

You are a good writer. To be able to share your thoughts and feelings with the world through a poem is a great talent... keep writing!

on Feb. 20 2010 at 1:02 pm
BrookeSchueneman PLATINUM, Elko, Minnesota
I am in love with this poem. Truly. Perfect. Five stars.

Check out my work if you can, it'd mean a lot coming from someone with your skills to tell me what you think :)

on Feb. 19 2010 at 7:20 pm
MessOfADreamer PLATINUM, North Tonawanda, New York

"I write for the same reason I breathe -- because if I didn't, I would die." -Isaac Asimov

I have anxiety too, and have tried to write about it, but it's kind of overwhelming to me. Thanks for putting into words what I couldn't. Breathing is the most helpful for me too. :D

on Feb. 18 2010 at 11:42 am
AbbotRabbit GOLD, Abolana, District Of Columbia

This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxIll tell you Im an orphan after you meet myy familyXx

This poem has great flow and insight.

I really enjoyed it.

Lovely poem darling =]