knotted storm of love | Teen Ink

knotted storm of love

By amanikhamasi00 SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
amanikhamasi00 SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

You love it and you hate it. 

You cannot fathom seeing a whit of it

Just like the stages of grief, love has different stages as well.

They caught your attention and they shine like a firefly in a maddow under the night sky,

they’re solely perfect. 

Getting to know them more and you’re simply soaring through the fields with the beautiful weather caressing your skin, eventually you get blinded by the sunlight , but hey, that doesn’t matter… right? 

“ it feels like heaven on earth with you” - passionately expressed by the one with the smile that can't seem to get off their face 

With endless nights of insomnia, the thought of them just won't go away.

The honeymoon phase of a relationship is the rain of misfortune that falls upon you that makes you so obsessed that things such as how they eat and tell their stories, it feels charming and endearing. You simply get a rush of serotonin just by being in their presence. 

Such as how you feel a force pull of gravity just by the smell of their essence. 

Then BOOM, you find out one singular thing about them and you question everything

The person who you once thought you knew everything about leads you then to realize the stuff you know about them is the shallow drift from an ocean. You're in a war with your heart and brain; you’re an outsider of your own thoughts and feelings. 

The person who once was your favorite dream, was now becoming the nightmare that has yet to end. 

Love heals and destroys, 

such as the emotions that drive people and get played with like toys. 

As a child, I never fathomed how love can hurt someone. 

I loved the things that made me happy and avoided the things that made me cry.

Growing up, I realized that the people who warned me were right, nothing is as painful as love. 

Even when it pricks me, I chase it. I squeeze it in my hands till my fingers bleed. Even when I finally let go, I forget about the blood and only reminisce about the warmth. We love unconditionally. A tragically beautiful thing.