Campe One: | Teen Ink

Campe One:

By 4moseler GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
4moseler GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Cabin-

The stout place that keeps the weather behind the window and the up north fauna outdoors. A homely place that holds us all snug and bundled. Ageless memories that carry on: constructing smores over the searing sparks and fearlessly racing around the ongoing boards, all at twilight. And once we are brain-fried, we remember the rejuvenation offered by movies. Then the interchangeable beds cradle children as they softly dream. 

Swings-

Matured wood yearns for kids, kids to sit and soar. Hearing the feet truffle through crinkly leaves, it finds happiness. But once the swing broke, it became sad for it was unable to provide the simple delight. The wood was ecstatic when the kids gave the gift of love back with a new swing. The ones that were once little and are now all grown, but still find love in the swings that they own. And anytime the kids scurry along, it creeks and cries once more. 

Deer Stand-

It was never welcoming, but no one understood it to begin with. Three young girls decided to take a chance. Cautious of every step, they made it seventeen paces to the base of the stairs. Once atop of the stand, they overlooked what seemed to be the world. Fields for miles in any direction, they sat in admiration for hours. Little toes dangled over the edge as the girls leaned against one another. The stand has become their refuge and fear was nowhere to be found. 

Trails-

Navigating the paths like grooves on our hands; this became the norm. Never lost, just  uncovering new ways. In our creative minds, paths would appear and lead us to awaited adventures. The four originals would never dim and our predilection for them only grew. The four formed our curiosity and kept our eyes childlike, able to see the beauty beyond. Strolling along these trails, never tracking time, allows for chaos like the winds. 

Pike & Falls-

Piercing. Almost never temperate. The fish and ducks regard the temperatures, for they travel constantly down this river. Once the water runs pleasantly again, fish are uncoupled by boots. But Brad, a mallard, will follow closely in hopes of a blowout. Other times, He will lead us to the salad patch. Further ahead, tubes topple down roaring rapids. Kids leap off boulders that appear to be a hundred feet up. Rocks get assembled into towers and skipped across ripples. All activities that create tired smiles. 

Lily Lake-

THE BEST TIMES: the longest hours, the hardest laughs, the sweetest naps, the biggest splashes. The lake fits our family. New and old ideas are utilized; whether it’s playing catch 500 in the shallows or attaching a tube to a row boat. Any extra time, unquestioned, is spent here. In snow, rain or sunshine, the lake welcomes us with a warm embrace. The lively tunes make us uncontrollably dance all night. Grilling dinner, growing fires, and going kayaking make this place a second home.

Campe One is our forever.

This piece was created with my mother and sister.