a love letter to myself | Teen Ink

a love letter to myself

December 14, 2020
By frogfish SILVER, Campbell, California
frogfish SILVER, Campbell, California
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
If I am a sword, I am a sword made of glass, and I feel myself beginning to shatter.


i love you.

 

i love everything about you, every little thing you have ever felt ashamed of.

i love the way your smile can just brighten up my whole world. i worship your laugh that fixes all of my problems. 

i can't help but smile when you do, and when you are sick, i feel bad too. 

nothing can ever come close to how i feel about you.

i adore the tiny monobrow that you sometimes try to hide.

i apreciate how much work you put into everything, into school, into friendships, into life.

 

above all, i respect you. you are the most courageous person i have ever known. 

 

i worry that you don't take care of yourself. i fear that you spend all of your energy on everyone else and forget yourself. but i also trust that you know your limit.

 

i admire how you take a moment every day to appreciate something, whether it be yourself, life, or another person. 

i live for your baking skills, and how you don't need a recipe once you know the ingredients. 

i find peace in the delight of witnessing you have fun.

i love all your little quirks that sometimes go unoticed.

i love that you wear your watch on your right wrist.

i love that you brush your teeth with your left hand.

and i really love that you still have all of your stuffed animals.

i love when you make really bad puns and still find them funny an hour later.

i love that you try your best for the planet.

i love that you consider pluto to be a planet and will fight anyone who says otherwise.

i love that you try to learn new things in your free time. i

love how you marvel at the night sky.

i love your friendship bracelets.

i love that you are a paper bending master.

 

but most importantly, i love you. i would go great lengths to make you okay. because i am you, and you deserve all the love in the universe.


The author's comments:

i wrote this a few months ago as i was falling asleep when i needed a little bit more self esteem.

thanks for reading <3