snow | Teen Ink

snow

January 28, 2019
By CCimmune SILVER, Seattle, Washington
CCimmune SILVER, Seattle, Washington
8 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We’re all fighting battles no one knows about."
XXXTENTACION, rest in peace


Some days in the depths of spring, i long for the peace and quiet of winter. I wish to get away from all the noise and stress of my household in the spring, so i start to daydream. I would awaken to the world covered in a new fallen snow, bringing a new quietness and tranquility to the world around it. I would bundle myself up like a new christmas gift, get a thermos filled with hot chocolate, and head out into the snow-covered world. As a walk through my neighborhood, i just can’t help admire the peace of the silence. I would walk down to the pond nearby my house, and as i see how once, it was a large body of water, which was uncontrollable, but now, as if the snow takes away all movement and stress from the land. I sit down on the bench and just admire how beautiful life can be.


But i always awaken from those daydreams, with eyes of hope and tranquility, and go back to my reality. I look outside and rain fills the sky, as if even the weather can’t let me daydream. I can hear the radio blast from my sisters room, and my dog barking at the mailman. Longing for peace, i go outside in the rain, with nothing but a rain jacket. I can hear the loud noises of traffic and it seems as if the rain kills the world of all color and beauty. I would go down to that same pond, and just like my house, it is loud and uncontrollable again, as if filled with hatred and stress. I sit down on the bench and just think about how sometimes, the best things in life never last.


The author's comments:

theres more where that came from, if you like it email me