Light | Teen Ink

Light

December 2, 2013
By Rebel21 PLATINUM, St. Catharines, Other
Rebel21 PLATINUM, St. Catharines, Other
20 articles 0 photos 73 comments

Favorite Quote:
Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame,
Where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned.
Just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die,
You've got to get up and try.


Light from the winter sun so far away reflects onto the leaves fluttering above me to create a shade of green I never knew in the shade. They make a mark on my vision as they step forward from the blue of the sky; creating an indescribable, pure and natural beauty.

Do we thank enough to light? I find this beauty on our walks as we take the first step out of the shade and into the sunlight. The sunlight walks into the irises of your eyes, reveals a thick paintbrush and begins to paint. It paints the colours of happiness; pure contentment and humor in gleaming shades of joy. They stand out upon the pure white of honesty; shades change in accordance to angles of reflection of the sun. Astounding colours are discovered in the depths of your eyes. As they are said to be the windows to the soul, I am famished of surprise to discover that this is where colours are sparked like magic. The sight is candy to my own eyes as they too gleam; in astonishment and pleasure. If I had never found these colours in the dark; would that explain the metaphor, "you are my light?" Because without the light I would never believe colours as such to have existed; without the light I would have never witnessed pure beauty and joy in seeing something so astonishing.


I now understand how people in my life are my light. They walk into my life and paint the walls a new shade of happiness; over a couse of time, and touch up the edges each day. They reflect the best in me that I wish to be every day. Their influences on me create a frenzy of humor, joy and glee that I never want to go away; procrastinating the time we must say good-bye.
I'm in love with the idea of happiness;
I've got light to thank for that;
I've got you to thank most;
as you hold the walls the sun paints and no matter how many days the sun doesn't shine in me; you always take time to reflect yourself in my eyes.