Homelessness | Teen Ink

Homelessness MAG

My home can be

everywhere

or nowhere.

My daily meals

consist

of anything or

nothing.

My knick-knacks

and baubles

are the clothes

I

wear.

My money

is

only what

others

give me.

I am a being.

I am human.

I am homeless.

If only people

could see

where I stand.

and

help me

through

this all.

Will this loneliness

ever end?

Will I begin

a

new life?

Does

anyone

care?

Because

I

am here.

I

am

real.

I

cannot

be ignored.

I am a person.

I am alive.

And...

I am homeless. n

writerinfinity PLATINUM, Arlington, Texas
ooh, this is such a good poem!!!!!! I love it, amazing!!!!

TheAnonymousArtist BRONZE, San Diego, California
People, everyone can have their own opinion of what is good poetry, and what isn't, chill. i prefer a different style of poetry than this, but the heart and idea is in the right place.

TuffGurl said...
on Jul. 16 2010 at 10:54 am
this is a good poem. are u homeless, tho? i am thinking not if you have access to a computer. or u could've mailed it in... oh, now i'm confused! but this is a cool poem, very sad. 

on Jul. 16 2010 at 9:10 am
MercedesXO DIAMOND, South Easton, Massachusetts

"I realize that life is risks. It's acknowledging the past but looking forward. It's taking chances that we will make mistakes but believeing we all deserve to be forgiven."
-The Dead Tossed Waves.

this is so sad:( is it true? if so i'm sorry and i wish i could be there for you. keep your head up and fight for yourself, because in the end..thats sumtimes all we have

:( stay strong and this was beautiful:)

id love for you to view my work and see what you think.

and i'll say a prayer for you and keep you in my thoughts. great writing!

Poetgirl101 said...
Poetgirl101, Waukee, Iowa
This is a beautiful poem

AelitaReloaded PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

"The pen is mightier than the sword" author unknown (to me)

Are you really homeless?  I am very sorry to hear that!  The poem was great.  Maybe you could sell your poems for money, then you could eat. 

on Jun. 24 2010 at 1:33 am
beautifulworld SILVER, Memphis, Tennessee

What's the point i wearing my favorite rocket ship underpants if no one asks to see them? -Calvin and Hobbes

Incredible, I love the way you separated each line, putting emphasis on just the right words, keep up the good work. And If you get a chance check out some of my work.

Jasmine said...
this poem is beautiful i think it is wonderful because i was once homeless too yuo captured every detail i felt when i was homeless

on Jun. 7 2010 at 11:28 am
thezebrasgray PLATINUM, Taylorsville, Utah
sad, i liked the way you wrote it, it expresses how stop and go your life is, and how you write when you can

crazy4music GOLD, Sewell, New Jersey

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

this is really good and got me thinking. everything about it was done great. keep writing(: 

BlueFoot GOLD said...
BlueFoot GOLD, Reston, Virginia

"Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it,"

MaYBE iT WAS HARD for heR t to PROOFREAD BECAUSE shes hoMeless SRY FOR THE CAPS ITOUCH MALFUNCTION

Controtic92 BRONZE, Maywood, Illinois

theres only now theres only this forget regret or life is yours to miss. no day but today

it tells pain and strugle but just being

on Jun. 2 2010 at 10:47 am
bkcrider92 GOLD, Roslyn Harbor, New York

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”

This is really great! so much emotion! If you get a chance can you check out my poem Memories and comment and rate it? I would love your feedback <3

livv2swim BRONZE, Houston, Texas

You only get just one time around, you only get one shot at this,one chance to find out the one thing that you don't want to miss. One day when it's all said and done, I hope you see that it was enough, this one chance, one shot, one life to love.

This is really good! i like the emphasis by setting apart the "i" in places, but i think some lines are too long for the shortness of the rest. but it is great at conveying emtion! great job!

treegirl93 BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

Be nice to trees- they'll become books someday.

This really is amazing. I can feel the emotion seping from this poem. Simply incedible.

treegirl93 BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

I really think this is eye opening for some people who forget that the person laying on the sidewalk or lives in a shelter is a person, has feelings, and deserves respect and dignity.

Jonathan_Peraza SILVER, Lilburn, Georgia
This poem is so beautiful!  I was listening to Someone Who Cares by Three Days Grace and it fit perfectly!!  Great Combo, and you're a great poet!  Definetley loved how it flowed!! :D

k.james SILVER said...
k.james SILVER, Whitby, Other

"Love without action is meaningless, action without love is irrelevant." -Deepak Chopra

Oh, and also could you read some of my stuff, i would really like the feedback.

k.james SILVER said...
k.james SILVER, Whitby, Other

Beautifully written :) I love the way it flows so nicely. It's short but the meaning and messages behind the words are deep and long lasting. This poem was amazing, I could totally relate even though I've never been homeless but the emotions I did share. You're not alone, keep on writing :) <3

JeanGrey GOLD said...
JeanGrey GOLD, Mason City, Iowa

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."-Oscar Wilde

Great! I have been homeless before so you captured the emotion almost perfectly! 5 stars.