Homelessness | Teen Ink

Homelessness MAG

My home can be

everywhere

or nowhere.

My daily meals

consist

of anything or

nothing.

My knick-knacks

and baubles

are the clothes

I

wear.

My money

is

only what

others

give me.

I am a being.

I am human.

I am homeless.

If only people

could see

where I stand.

and

help me

through

this all.

Will this loneliness

ever end?

Will I begin

a

new life?

Does

anyone

care?

Because

I

am here.

I

am

real.

I

cannot

be ignored.

I am a person.

I am alive.

And...

I am homeless. n

on Dec. 8 2009 at 8:50 am
hurting_real_bad SILVER, Conneaut, Ohio

“Yes I love him. I love him more than anything else in this world and there is nothing that I would like better than to hold on to him forever. But I know it's not for the best. So no matter how much my heart is going to break, I've got to let him go so he can know just how much I love him. Maybe if I'm lucky, he'll come back, but if not, I can make it through this.”

I really like it and I really agree with it i Hate the way people treat each other theses day so what if there homeless everyone deaves a chance and everyone should receive respect and kindness. theses days theirs not enough kindness in the world so we really should make it count when we can.

willie SILVER said...
on Dec. 8 2009 at 7:42 am
willie SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey

is it worth it

yes it is

wow it was deep

that peom really touch my heart

nice job!

jadenugyen:D said...
4real people all over the world are so mean to these people

jadenugyen:D said...
i agree with you alot of people dont care about them and make fun of them because their homeless people

JessC SILVER said...
JessC SILVER, Waterloo, Other
Im glad Im not the only one who thinks this way. Wen i say stuff like this to my friends, they just say stuff like "who cares. we dont kno them, and theyr wierd. why should we care about them?" and so im glad we have the same opinion about the homeless

Lanae BRONZE said...
Lanae BRONZE, Milford, Indiana

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' Declares the LORD, 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

great job!!! it was a real eye-opener.

E.Lee GOLD said...
on Nov. 16 2009 at 9:55 am
E.Lee GOLD, Akron, Ohio
this was amazing:D

on Nov. 16 2009 at 2:30 am
ThatsClassy BRONZE, Dton, Other
That's a ridiculous argument, but strangely I still agree with you. There are many different ways to write poetry, not just a set one.

on Nov. 16 2009 at 1:30 am
KianaPearl:] BRONZE, Alto, Texas
I love this...The simplicity of it is what makes it so great. Keep it up:)

writingrox BRONZE, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore)

It's a nice poem. don't diss it.

Freckles said...
The poem is simple, complete and written in a manner, that when read silently or spoken, envokes feeling and a depth of understanding. I hope I have your permission to read it at the end of a luncheon to initiate a project to make sleeping bags for the homeless. Thank you for your thoughts. Blessings to you and continue writing.

Just_Breathe SILVER, Visalia, California
Dannng, all you people are mean, sure you're entitled to your own opinions... I think that your poem was thoughtful, I do agree with the interesting line breaks part though. People should NOT judge other people's poetry, because the true purpose comes from the author, and everything has a purpose.

NorthernWriter, Fargo, North Dakota

"Only dead fish swim with the stream"

Honestly, I feel you could have expressed what's going on in better language to make us FEEL for the homeless...such as daily struggles, more emotion...you could talk about how some people throw fits when they don't get the laptop they want, their phone is too "fat and ugly" their jeans make their butt look big...and "you" are homeless. honestly, it's not that great. it sounds like you wrote it in 10 minutes. the line breaks are nice, but otherwise...it doesn't stand out much as a fantastic poem.

mu5ic1sdead said...
on Oct. 3 2009 at 10:29 am
interesting use of line breaks, but besides that it's not too too great. i'd give it a 6.68 out of 10. but that's just my opinion

on Oct. 3 2009 at 10:11 am
Wildflower30 SILVER, Kolkata, Other

Create your own sayings, for only then do they make sense most. ---- Me

Very nice.

Smile.Jo said...
that was a very good and well, written poem and i thought it is a good choice to voice an oppion.