American Dream This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

so this is where all the dreaming takes me
to a cold, empty reality
with sleep still in my eyes
shivering, confused, I must’ve overslept
now it’s time to wake up
one last yawn, then face the lies
I’m barefoot and the streets are rough
paved with broken glass
but that’s okay
’cause the land is flowing
with milk and honey
bread and butter
and justice
if you just keep on going ...

B">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:47 am
really is an amazing poem

Bus3">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 11 at 4:22 am
Fantastic poem,very nice

calebgaribay said...
Nov. 28 at 11:01 am
your trash i hate this

justarandomThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 7 at 2:38 am
Excuse me but your attitude towards this poem is the complete opposite of what it should be.

HereSheIsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 9 at 1:26 pm
A great illustration of the reality of the American Dream for many. I loved the bitterly ironic allusion to the "milk and honey" myth

Angelina_Best_Writer said...
Mar. 3 at 9:14 am
Very great writing piece.

Yld777 said...
Feb. 24 at 1:56 am
very nice piece of work!

Patrick82432This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very nice piece, somewhat straight to the point but it holds deep meaning

Edawg1 said...
very good setup. but you could've gone deeper and in more depth.

davisaa01 said...
Mar. 31, 2016 at 8:09 am
I really liked your poem. It's more mysterious and depressing. It leaves a reader wondering, 'What happens next?'

The_Rarest_PEPE said...
Oct. 7, 2015 at 10:10 am
Great poem it was so good

Calum said...
I love your use of metaphors.

Calum replied...
Would you mind checking out my work? teenink.com/poetry/free_verse/article/803145/A-Girl-Made-of-Glass/ teenink.com/poetry/free_verse/article/808781/Silence/

Benfigueroa said...
May 28, 2015 at 11:38 am
wow, That was great!

jaygatsbycastillo said...
May 6, 2015 at 10:56 am
That was...awesome

Chepe L. said...
i loved this book  

mikeywazhere said...
i loved this book

Chepe L. said...
yes  

Rosie_Pearl said...
This is a really nice poem :) it was interesting read! However, the fact that only two lines rhyme puzzles me... other than that GREAT JOB!!! Also, I'd really appreciate if y'all would read some of mine

prab shah replied...
can u plz explain me this .......