The gingerbread adventure | Teen Ink

The gingerbread adventure

By Rulesoftwitter BRONZE, Monmouth, Oregon
Rulesoftwitter BRONZE, Monmouth, Oregon
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Don't find odds in your friends, but find evens in your enemies. -Gavin butcher

At the birth of myself, I was warm and smelled like a cookie. They called me a gingerbread man. ¨What is that?¨ I said to the giants, and they said that I was a yummy delight with filling and gumdrops. Then they took me to something called a gingerbread house! What else is made of gingerbread? Gingerbread phones. I wondered how many things there were of gingerbread.

The Giants gave me a name. The name was Gavin. It was already bedtime for the baby giants. While they were sleeping, I got bored and went on an adventure to find a family to be loved by.  I grabbed Olive the gingerbread dog. Within the first 5 minutes, I had a blast of depression hitting my head. I took some gumdrops to take away the pain. I wandered through the giant kitchen in a daze. I never made it out the door. 5 hours in and everyone was about to wake up because of school. The house shook under their giant feet. I went under a chair and hid until they left. I was tinier than them, and I didn't want to be stomped, but the giant parents found me.

¨Can you make me a family?¨ I said.

¨A family? We forgot to give you a family!¨

So they baked me a family. I was so happy until the giant kids came home and ate us for a snack.

Finn