Hope a Lie | Teen Ink

Hope a Lie

By RyleeNixon SILVER, Madrid, Iowa
RyleeNixon SILVER, Madrid, Iowa

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon." unknown..

Hope is a last resort. People rely on hope too much. When people think of hope they think of good things. But in reality hope is not. It is when you have nothing else to rely on. So you rely on hope. And hope is like a piece of old wood. It could either be very sturdy or rotten in the middle and you don’t know till after everything has happened. And in most cases hope is a rotten piece of wood. And people usually realize it is rotten but hope that it will return back to normal. But a rotten piece of wood will not just turn back into a firm sturdy un rotten piece of wood. It will rot away into soil. People will just lean on this piece of wood and after it crumbles away they are shocked. But they shouldn’t be shocked because they knew that it was all just meaningless. If people didn’t rely on hope so much it would be worth more. But so many people use it that hope wears out. And soon there will be no reason to use hope. Because hope will just be a meaningless term by then. Almost as it is now.

Hope can be a good thing and a bad thing. And people always expect it to be a good thing. Well the thing about hope is that it is sneaky and mischevious it never wants to follow the rules. So sometimes you should be careful about what you hope for.

on Apr. 10 2013 at 9:38 am
RyleeNixon SILVER, Madrid, Iowa

Thanks Jordan!!!

on Mar. 25 2013 at 10:45 am
JordanCourtney SILVER, Woodward, Iowa

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."-Dr. Suess

I love it Rylee's. Your writing style is really amazing, you have a true talent! :) -J.C.