Young Love | Teen Ink

Young Love

September 14, 2009
By CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
29 articles 0 photos 90 comments

Favorite Quote:
The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)


Walking around the school halls people talking about who's hot and who's not. Chatting about who they like and who they dislike, who they want to date and who they don't. I'm in middle school and already people my age are talking about dating! I think we are too young to date in my opinion. Recently my friend got a boyfriend and she's only 11!!! I think we need to live in the moment of our age. Have fun playing soccer and keep crushes, crushes until you're older. I understand kids liking the oppisite sex, but dating? I keep telling my friends that we're young and she be running around and playing sports. They just ignore me and shake it off. What do you think?



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 161 comments.


on Jul. 16 2010 at 3:34 pm
RockinEmerald SILVER, Imlay City, Michigan
9 articles 2 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't give up.

It does seem wrong, to me, for kids that age to date, and others should listen to what one has to say, it could save their life.

on Jun. 24 2010 at 2:43 pm
jassmine BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
1 article 0 photos 29 comments
i totally agree with you. all my friends are dating and im only about to turn 14. and i hate when they ask why i wont go out with the guy i like cause idk how to explain it to them in a way theyll understand where im coming from. =/

on Jun. 2 2010 at 3:11 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
2 articles 5 photos 254 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

I have a boyfriend, and I have straight A's... it depends how you handle your time.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Jun. 2 2010 at 3:10 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

I'm not allowed to date till I'm seventeen, I'm not freaking out. And besides, I'll allow my kids to be kids, I won't rush them into being teens like most of America is today.

on Jun. 2 2010 at 3:09 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
2 articles 5 photos 254 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

I know, me too. That's what I think

on Jun. 2 2010 at 3:08 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
2 articles 5 photos 254 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

You won't allow your kids to date till they're 16? I can tell you that won't end well.

on Jun. 2 2010 at 3:07 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
2 articles 5 photos 254 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

I think it's perfectly fine to date whenever you're ready. Sure, if you want to say it's unofficial, that's fine, but I think it's exciting to date when you're younger (11-14). Although it's not the best time, because most guys are at the stage where they only go out with you because your "hot". They're not thinking about how compatible you are, they just see your body. So no, it's not the best time to start because you might get a bad impression of guys. But I have great guy friends and I've gone out with 2 of them. So I think you can start whenever. You're never too young (unless you're like 7 or something XD)

on Jun. 2 2010 at 1:37 pm
EricaLynnMarie BRONZE, Centerton, Arkansas
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Happiness isn't an act of the mind, or the works of the outside world, but rather the makings of ones own self" -Me!

As a person who's highly opinionated, I feel as if I have a big part in this discussion, as also being only a teenager. Love is something that should be explored and looked at from many different persepectives before rushed. Any one person is capable of love, whether eleven years of age, or fifty. Its not exactly bad to rush and date, its only bad if you let that be the focus of your entire life. When a person starts to date, they tell themselves, 'okay, I'm to have someone to lean on and put my trust in, other than myself and my close friends.' Its letting go apart of themselves, the barriers that keep them from living to their fullest potiential. I think dating is good for anyone, so just let kids alone, let them make their own mistakes. Its life, and crap happens.

on May. 25 2010 at 11:18 pm
coco_babe BRONZE, Dapto, Other
2 articles 0 photos 8 comments
well i think people can know what love s at a young age. its their version on love. not the same as someone who is married but its still love in a different context.

on May. 14 2010 at 5:05 pm
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
29 articles 0 photos 90 comments

Favorite Quote:
The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

I totally agree with you.

on May. 14 2010 at 3:35 pm
ArtGirl101 BRONZE, West Gardiner, Maine
1 article 3 photos 37 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Childhood only lasts so long, so cherish it while it's still in your grasp"
~ ME!!!

I tottally agree with you. I mean, I say that you can't feel LOVE ("love" is not when you've been dating for 3 days and say "oh Jimmy I love you" or something like that. I'm not talking from expierence but I think love is more like you've been dating for a year or so and are considering marriage and say "Oh Henry I love you") until you're 16. I don't know what other people think, and like I said, I have never dated and I don't know what it's like but that's my opinion.

Hugs,

ArtGirl101


on May. 11 2010 at 5:47 pm
amelia.adams246 BRONZE, North Richland Hills, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
In the end, a friend is someone that cares and doesn’t judge. A friend loves, laughs, and helps you through the hard times with hugs and smiles. A friend comforts with words or sometimes just an ear.

I think that relationships are a...delicate thing to talk about. I didn't start officially dating till I was a freshman, but I was unofficially dating my 8th grade year. I have been dating the same guy for the past 3 years...so it just depends on your motives for dating, how well you know the guy, and if you're strong enough to to end it if that's what is best for both people...But generally I tell people to wait till their sophomores because then that's when the brain is able to...cope better I think. 

on May. 11 2010 at 8:53 am
flipsters BRONZE, Benton Harbor, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is not fair, it's how you take the cards that are dealt that matter."
"Everything will work out in the end, if it's not working out then it's not the end yet."
"Don't let the clouds of today hide the sunshine of tomorrow."

You were eight, you couldn't possibly know what love is at that age......you still think the opposite sex has cooties at that age.....be mature about dating, and save yourself for someone that really cares.

on Apr. 19 2010 at 8:53 pm
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
29 articles 0 photos 90 comments

Favorite Quote:
The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

OMG, 45 comments~!!!  I'm so happy to hear so many opinions on my articles! ^-^ Thanks to everyone that's been reading my stuff!  I havent been posting lately, but i hope u keep reading my stuff!!! :D Ty ty ty ty ty!

on Apr. 19 2010 at 7:48 pm
Lyceangel94 BRONZE, Norfolk, Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
i dont really have a favorite quote my life is my own story and quote.

yes i think it's stupid to date at such a young age but kids should be aloud to make their choices. They really just need to be focused on the now and living life and have fun. Don't worry about dating until you're atleast my age. Which by the way is 16.

kay.kay SILVER said...
on Apr. 19 2010 at 11:17 am
kay.kay SILVER, Imboden, Arkansas
9 articles 5 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
be who u are never change for someone be who u wanna be

grow up ppl thats life let kids make their own chocies i started dating this one guy when i was eigh we dated for 6 years and we had a good love heck he was my 1st love so let them make their life dnt shape it for them

on Apr. 19 2010 at 9:20 am
i'm only 14 and personally it okay for us to have boyfriends/girlsfriends, but you gotta always make sure that you keep your mates close. There isnt much chance that you are gonna find your one true love. so just enjoy your life and act your age.

on Apr. 19 2010 at 12:07 am
coco_babe BRONZE, Dapto, Other
2 articles 0 photos 8 comments
When people start dating, people get hurt, relationships are messy and people shouldnt have to deal with that at a young age. When you grow up and get married, youll probably feel bad coz u dated so many people if you start at a young age. 

TheJust ELITE said...
on Apr. 8 2010 at 2:35 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

When I have kids, it won't be allowed till they're 16. And yes, Jr. High is waaaaaaaaay too young. But hey, when we let kindergarteners watch teen shows on Disney and Nick, they're already exposed to it, so why should we be shocked that kids "date" at younger ages?

happy said...
on Mar. 29 2010 at 9:33 am
i think u can date when ever u want...or at least thill your in middle school. u can find love anythime.