Young Love | Teen Ink

Young Love

September 14, 2009
By CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
29 articles 0 photos 90 comments

Favorite Quote:
The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)


Walking around the school halls people talking about who's hot and who's not. Chatting about who they like and who they dislike, who they want to date and who they don't. I'm in middle school and already people my age are talking about dating! I think we are too young to date in my opinion. Recently my friend got a boyfriend and she's only 11!!! I think we need to live in the moment of our age. Have fun playing soccer and keep crushes, crushes until you're older. I understand kids liking the oppisite sex, but dating? I keep telling my friends that we're young and she be running around and playing sports. They just ignore me and shake it off. What do you think?



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 161 comments.


britt143 said...
on Apr. 1 2013 at 10:34 pm
i agree with you I am 13 in 8th grade I a boyfriend and we have been together since I was in 6th grade

britt143 said...
on Apr. 1 2013 at 10:26 pm
it is sad hearing kid getting pregant at a young age I am12 and one of my friends that is15 is pregant and her parent and the boy she is pregant  by is telling her not to have it. but she don't want to let it go.

love:) said...
on Mar. 20 2013 at 12:20 am
you seem like an amzazing person :) i love your confidence

jen hiccup said...
on Mar. 3 2013 at 5:01 am
look i hear so many stories of kids getting preagnet at really young ages and it freaks me out i dont want to date till i know i can trust them just worry about yousef and make sure you trust yoursef to know when YOU are ready.

on Mar. 1 2013 at 12:14 am
ok i understand that some of you might think all young dating is unacceptable, but come on! live a little! as long as they're not getting too serious too young, let them have a cute relationship with some one of their choice. For example, I'm 13, 14 in may, and i am completely in love with my boyfriend. He was my first kiss, it's been a year since that kiss and we're still together. We talk all the time, have intellectual and silly conversations, text, and he  says hes in love with me too. I understand that relationships like ours at our age are rare, but they happen. and how are you going to find out if someone you like is that person or not if you never date them?? feel free to criticize me and my relationship, call me a slut or someone who sleeps around, ive heard it all and to be honest, none of it bothers me. I've found the person of my dreams at a younger age than most people, and I would never give him up because we're "too young". but that's just my opinion. 

LunaMigliori said...
on Feb. 24 2013 at 10:57 pm
I think wew can still be kids and have an appropriate age crush or boyfriend. As long as it's not too serious, everythings normal. We can be crazy, loud, childish and sporty and still have someone we can like and rely on.

Love said...
on Dec. 4 2012 at 4:22 pm
Love has no age

on Oct. 24 2012 at 5:28 pm
Well, I think age doesn't matter too much. But it's kinda ridiculous to have "true love" at age 11. Sometimes it does happen, but that's rare. It depends, does she REALLY love him?

YOLO said...
on Sep. 29 2012 at 7:23 pm
I'm 14 and personally, I don't want my parents driving me to the movies. I mean, really, that's just aukward. Whenever I see middle schoolers dating it looks so fake and childish. Like they're just trying to look older than they really are. So many people want to be older, and have more responsibility, more freedom. But I just want to be a kid and have fun and be immature while I can still get away with it. 

Jo Jo said...
on Sep. 20 2012 at 12:09 pm
I stronly believe that dating at a young age should not be encourage. Come on girls there are a million more important things in this world than boys! I think that childhood is too important to be wasted on something that will mostly be temporarily . It's better to buil friendships and leave it there. you are not cool when you lose your virginity... you are nothing but a fool because you lose your essense and pride, and boys are not worth it at youth. Our concept of Love should improve as we age and if we are smart with common sense  our choices will reflect a path to sucess were we will have what we really need and not superficial ideas. So I believe the more you distant form youth  relationships the more self worth you have.

archery-nerd said...
on Aug. 17 2012 at 8:41 pm
I think that middle school is the time to have fun. go paintballing, be weird, make friends, but save the dating for when you're older. Boys mature much more slowly than girls. Wait til you can  drive so you and your guy can at least go places together. Rushing into a relationship at a young age can make it harder to meet new people when you get older and can lower your expectations on dating, especially if you've had your heart broken multiple times. If you have a crush, great! It's fun, but really, don't take it any further than that. There's nothing worse than middle school drama.

windnguyen96 said...
on Aug. 2 2012 at 10:13 pm
windnguyen96, Bien Hoa, Other
0 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm a kid and I want the WORLD !

Me too, I think this age is too young to love...I'm 16 but in my country still be young. 

Maybe, in school, we love someone, but it's just feeling usually see at this age..


on Jul. 24 2012 at 6:50 pm
Your right. Its the same with sex. When your married wait a couple years to hang out. So when you like someone just get them to be your best friend and soon in like 2,3 years once you know you can trust them make a move.

Nourab SILVER said...
on May. 28 2012 at 10:32 pm
Nourab SILVER, Burke, Virginia
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“What I’ve learned is not to change who you are, because eventually you’re going to run out of new things to become.

I definitely agree with you. Having a boyfriend/girlfriend when you're in middle school and sometimes even in high school can just be completely pointless. Kids should just focus on the more important things like school and family before they start dating.

on Apr. 14 2012 at 8:21 am
Yurriane BRONZE, Tokyo, Other
2 articles 0 photos 13 comments
Wow....ageist much??

Vanner96 said...
on Mar. 21 2012 at 12:10 pm
Vanner96, Locust Grove, Georgia
0 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. ~Romans 12:2

I think you are exactly correct. Even high school is the "fall in love" stage but why prepare your self for heart break? Set your goals and live them! Don't let anyone distract you at any age! :)

anet53 said...
on Feb. 9 2012 at 9:44 pm
well crushes and boyfriends have been going on since pre-k and i do see your point but being young includes finding who you like

on Feb. 8 2012 at 10:53 pm
hanna.fofanna BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska
1 article 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
“The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes str

I can see your point here.... Most relationships my age (13) last maybe a month or two... however, I'm in a relationship at the moment with a boy I've been with for a year so.... But, yeah i totally see where you're getting this from. Some times, I wish for the days that boys were still icky

on Feb. 8 2012 at 3:51 pm
greenbean_94 SILVER, Somerville, Tennessee
7 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

She can write what she wants. She shouldn't have to change it because someone has a problem with it or is offended. JUST DON'T READ IT!!!

aem312 BRONZE said...
on Jan. 27 2012 at 11:20 am
aem312 BRONZE, Richmond, Massachusetts
4 articles 0 photos 43 comments
I had my first "boyfriend" when I was 10. I really liked him but we never really talked... we always talked through my best friend. We "dated" for a long time but then we parted ways and I was devastated and he bullied me throughout the whole next school year. He left my school in 8th grade but then he transferred to my high school in 10th. I thought I was over what happened but seeing him in this place that I thought had been safe caused me to panic. I've had to deal with it for a long time but I'm still not opposed to middle school "dating". If the people handle it right then it can be fun. You just need to make sure you REALLY know the person and what they are capable of beforehand. Also, if your parents tell you you're too young to date take their advice. That's what I should've done. If the experience of my first boyfriend taught me anything though it's that you should try to get to know the person well before you jump into a relationship. I did that with my current boyfriend and we've been dating for almost 2 years. He's a dream :)