The Raven | Teen Ink

The Raven

By KenLB PLATINUM, Hopewell Jct., New York
KenLB PLATINUM, Hopewell Jct., New York

Summary:

A moonlight massacre of a group of soldiers. A man bent on avenging the death of his wife. Another seeking to start a new life and settle down. A murderer who, in the end, seeks to repent. A young girl who saves the world. They all come together in an epic tale of fantasy and adventure, mystery, love, death, life, revenge, and a plot to rule the world.

Tags: Death/loss

Ken B.

The Raven

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

Great story  really well written  could you please take a look at my story  Manso's Shame adn comment on it

ravenpen BRONZE, Lindenhurst, Illinois

"Where there is no imagination there is no horror" Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Wow. I've only let my best friend read my story and it was hard to give it to even her. 

KenLB PLATINUM said...
KenLB PLATINUM, Hopewell Jct., New York
I started this piece...in like August, I think. This is the draft I had as of late January. Not completely done yet. I've gotten nearly everyone I know to edit this, from my grandmother to my girlfriend.

ravenpen BRONZE, Lindenhurst, Illinois

This is pretty good. I like the way you separated the chapters into parts. And the scene where Storm tells off that guy is very well done. How long did it take you to write? How much time have you spent editing? I am currently attempting to edit a novel I just finished and it is pretty painful. I find myself doing anything to get away from spending an hour with my story. I'll get it done eventually. Hopefully. 

Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Leaving it open to a sequel might be your best bet, sometimes it's better to move onto a new subject before trying to immediately return back to a finished novel and deciding to write a sequel that would have to top it.

KenLB PLATINUM said...
on Jan. 29 2011 at 11:47 am
KenLB PLATINUM, Hopewell Jct., New York

Thanks! I hope to publish it someday. I think I'm going to leave it open for a sequel, and decide then if I want to write one.

I'll definitely check out your novel, thanks for the feedback.

on Jan. 29 2011 at 11:38 am

Wow, this is cool! I love how long your chapters are, it really feels like a novel. I could definitely see this getting published one day...do you plan it to be one novel or an entire series?

Please check out my novel "SuperNOVA" and leave your thoughts on it! :D