Goodbye to Adios | Teen Ink

Goodbye to Adios

By MargaretC GOLD, Hopewell Jct, New York
MargaretC GOLD, Hopewell Jct, New York

Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, you're needed by someone.
Martina Navratilova

Summary:

When a young girl finds a letter about her father in the mail, it changes her life. Unable to cope with the fact that he might never come back, she finds love in writing, and writes letters, stories, and diaries to help her cope with the loss. At the same time, a young Mexican father has to decide what is best for his family, staying in their small rundown house, or leaving them to move to the new world in America.

MargaretC

Goodbye to Adios

Anno82 SILVER said...
on Jan. 16 at 2:05 am
Anno82 SILVER, Austin, Texas

“Peace doesn't come from finding a lake with no storms. It comes from having Jesus in the boat." -John Ortberg
"God doesn't break things so He can fix them; He fixes broken things so He can use them." -Bob Goff
"Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?" -Corrie Ten Boom

Super interesting! Is there more? I like it!
I’m curious though, are Faith’s and Andre’s stories going to intertwine?

MargaretC GOLD said...
MargaretC GOLD, Hopewell Jct, New York

Martina Navratilova

Thank you for reading it. I had a hard time coming up with the title, and I think I like this one, but I don't really know... If anyone has any better ideas for a title, I am open to suggestion.

on Jan. 29 2011 at 11:40 am
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

I like the dual plots and after checking it out the title makes a lot more sense now!

Please check out my novel SuperNOVA and leave your thoughts on it!