Chained | Teen Ink

Chained

By AeshaDraws SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky
AeshaDraws SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky

Author's note:

this peicea what brought up from a game me and my brother played as kids. we played with paper chacarters and Star was my favorite each chacarter you read are base of a paper chacarter i played with when i was younge and i im making series of of some so you can meet them all . enjoy 

¨ love is deadly, like a poison apple or fruit take one bite you hooked. it's the drug everyone is addicted to but what if the love you crave is evil .what if the thing you'll die for is the cause of your death … love is deadly but why do I want it ?¨

Unlike my sister and brothers, I ́m not seen, I'm there …..but not there, I'm the dust in my mother and father's life. I'm a good student. I get all As and I'm good at magic, I don't have cancer or any health problems. I'm a normal girl. That's a good thing ...I guess?

Every day I help my mom with the kids. I feed them when she can't get up or is at the doctor with my sister's Honesty. I pick them up and work as a waiter. Sometimes I let some of my baby siblings sit and eat fries while I work. I'm a part witch and I'm a good one. I've been invited to a secret group that gets to work with gods! But my mom doesn't know, she should but attention doesn't go to me... It never as.

I put my hand on the alarm that sets for 6 am and turned it off before it ranged, I've been up since 5 all I could think about was how I'm not seen by my family and how I wish one thing can happen to me “I wish I was a human '' I said to myself “I human who can get sick and gets mothers love ..a human who can't heal fast who gets a fathers kiss …… a human who gets to feel the touch of love …….. this is all I want “I said to myself. I got up and went to get dressed in the bathroom, my hair was half black and the other half was a pattern of gray circles like the moon. My eyes were blue and I had a light shade of tan skin ...you can say I'm snow white of witches. I looked at myself in the mirror. “I even look invisible ….. “I said and looked down at the floor. if I was to die no one would remember me nor cry for a long time. I went downstairs to cook before my mom came. I cooked all my siblings meals early so my mom don't have to stress “good morning.'' my mom Torus said to me “good morning mom” I said and gave her some coffee “ thank you for getting the food done … I was really tired, ``Torus said and hugged me'' I always will, ``I said and my mom looked at me.

At this moment I wanted to tell her how I got As and how my work is going but she went away and sat down. Like always so I gave my siblings their food and lunches and skipped school to work at a little restaurant across town. I didn't have a car but I rode on my black bike with my backpack filled with homework. It's like 7 am now and breakfast time was rushing in even though it was Monday we still got customers. I ran around with plates and took people's orders ¨ three eggs and I still need those pancakes with chocolate chips!¨ I yelled to the cook in the back .she threw the plate of pancakes at me and I caught them and served them to a table of an elf mom and her daughter ¨thank u¨ she said. After I served the food, I went to take orders for people.¨ Hi, welcome to the lion's den, my name is Star. Can I start you off with a drink? I said with a smile, looking like a mess. The man I was serving was quite handsome; he had golden wavy hair and light blue eyes. His jawline was sharp and smooth and his skin was shiny and clean. He had a certain glow and pull that I couldn't explain. The man looked at me and looked outside as if he was waiting for someone ¨ do u want me to come back ¨ I said, but the man didn't answer nor looked me so I just walked away and went to the back of the kitchen, as I put up forks I looked over the corners to see the man .but when I peaked to look the man was already looking at me, his eyes locked on mine but he looked as if he hates me. I dropped the forks and ducked under the stove to pick them up but mostly to get out of that awkward situation. ¨omggggg he was looking u STAR¨ I said in my head and tried to fix my hair real quick.

When I got back up to see the man, he was gone and more orders for me to take out ¨ughhhh great ¨ I said and took out the plates to the customers .its 2 pm and my lunch break finally I slowly and tiredly walked to sit down at one of the light blue and yellow booths to eat. As I sat down to take a breath and then I took out my bag and pulled out my homework ¨ughhhh¨ I said and looked at the piles of homework I need to get done. As I ate some carrots and flew past my homework I heard a familiar high-pitched sassy voice laughing, I looked back to see Amy! And her friends. before they could see me I ducked under the table ¨she's supposed to be at school!!!! If she sees you she'll tell everyone ¨ I said in my head and when they weren't looking I ran to the kitchen ¨marble I can't go out there ¨ I said to the cook she was a centaur and had dark brown skin and curly hair ¨girl out there and fed those people ¨ marble said laughing at me ¨ noo it's my sister !!!!!¨ I said as my eyes got big ¨ which one ……. ¨marble said as I pulled her to look ¨ oh … annoying Fiji only water ..sister ¨ marble said annoyed .¨YA and she´ll tell my mom if she sees I work here¨ I said panicking ¨ I'll go take the order but u owe me one ¨marble said and walked out to see what they want ¨ hello and welcome to the lion's den, what can I get yall¨ marble said ¨ Ummm… do you anything with not so much grease ¨ one of Amy's friends said, marble eyes got big and tried to keep a smile on her smile on her but in her head, she wanted to rip one of their heads of. ¨this is a restaurant … ¨marble said ¨ well I want Fiji water and anything with not so much grease ¨amy said ¨ Amy for the fifth time WE don't have Fiji ….. I got tape water ¨ marble said trying to keep her cool as I watched, hiding behind a door. Marble walked back to the kitchen and rounded her eyes ¨ sorry to say this ..but your sister gets on my nerves !¨ marble said and rubbed her head

Marble j.caesar is 32 years old and is a nice lady, for a woman whose half-horse she is good at everything that a normal two-legged person can do, she has been cooking all her life and moved to ravens town from Greece after she went bankrupt and hated the gods rule and laws. As she started to make a salad for Amy and her friend ¨star make the water for her put a lemon in it so they can think it Fiji and can leave me alone ¨ marble said laughing I put a lemon in both glasses of water and add a herb leaf (which was just a basil leaf I found ) just to make it funnier. I laughed and looked up to see 3 pm on the clock! ¨ oh shot, I have to get my little sisters from witch school änd to drop off my homework ¨ I said and grabbed my bags to walk out the back door ¨well you be back tonight ¨ marble said ¨yes maám ¨i said ¨well here for being such a hard worker ¨marble said and handed me 400 dollars ¨marble …. I ¨ I said unbelievable that she gave me such a big amount ¨ I know... I know it's not the amount I'm supposed to pay my workers ...but your more than that¨ marble said smiling. I hugged her ¨ thank you so much ¨ I said and ran out to my bike.

As I biked past the building and streets as fast as I could I had to get to school. I pulled up and ran inside, there were tall pearl white smooth statues for the goddess Nyx and one of Hecate. In the middle of this status was a waterfall I walked past the classes where I saw my baby sisters and brothers learning how to float objects and other witches walking like luna my dad's youngest half-sister who the same age as solar and soon to be queen of the unicorns she had long blue hair that floated and black skin same as solar and Astrea and my big sister nebula, luna is part unicorn so she had a horn on her head and my little brother solar has a crush on her. I passed their class and went into my classroom. It was big and round-shaped. As I walked in I saw my older sis nebula playing with panic and looking at me, I smiled at her and ran to my dad who is my teacher ¨here dad… I mean Mr.moon, my work for these couple weeks ¨ I said and gave the piles of paper ¨good job star. moon said and smiled ¨before u head out u have a meeting with the lunar Aiginetans ``.moon said and took my papers. I waved to Nebula and walked down the hallway to the end of it was a glass door to the Lunar Aiginetans. I walked into the garden of herbs and plants. I looked up to see the butterflies and flowers. The room was flogging but beautiful in the middle was a pool of nice clear water for spells and offering sacrifices to Hecate goddess of magic

The Aiginetans are a cult that worships the goddess of magic Hecate but the lunar Aiginetans worship Hecate, Astrea, and Nyx and give each sacrifice to them .. and in return, they give the community and future Aiginetans power.

I walked past the pool into the meeting room to see the other female witches in coats and had their moon crossing on their faces”. I'm glad you came ¨Una said Una Lykaios she was the leader of the group and a demigod her mother is Hecate and her father was a moral she was a tall skinny girl with long black hair and one purple and the other blue eyes she was a role model to everyone in the group and the only one who can talk to Hecate during the sacrifice. ¨ I'm sorry I'm late ¨ I said and put on my coat and painted a moon sign on my cheek. ¨ don't let it happen again star we are protectors of Hecate and that's a big job we can't have weak links in the circle” Una said as the other girls walked around the pool with items in their hands this where a form of a small cake, eggs, cheese, bread, with miniature torches and a dish of red mullet. I grabbed one of the torches and let the other girl's torch. Una grabbed a box and walked into the pool and behind her were the other girls and me. I stood right next to U6na being me and she is the most powerful witch in the group ¨ do we have to¨ I said looking at the box and Una. ¨ Yes we have to give sacrifices to our gods to protect our school and the town … u want to protect the town right?¨una said, taking out a knife with greek writings on it, it had black snakeskin wrapped around it. It's a very powerful knife that Nyx made for us witches that are only used for Hecate's sacrifices. ¨ something is coming…. Something dark and is not supposed to be here … as the witches of the solar eclipse and protectors of NYX, Astrea and my mother we have to protect everyone ¨una said ¨what's coming ¨ I said ¨ the first vampire ...Dracula ¨una said and sat the box on the water. it sat there like water on the floor. Una opens it showing a puppy with black spots and brown eyes looking at me. This part I hate because it's when we have to give life to save lives. All the witches hold hands and in the front was me and another girl put our hands on Unas back and closed our eyes to pray. Una prayed out loud

¨Glory to you, O Hekate
Goddess who guards our opportunities
Queen of magic and circumstance
Keyholder, beloved mother of witches
Hekate, guide me through blessed doors
Shut those that might lead to my destruction
Hekate, she who holds the keys to the realms of time¨
Una yelled to the statue of Hekate in the middle of the pool Una put the knife in the air. the rest of u yelled the prayer out loud ¨
Who hears the whisper of prophecy
Goddess of mysteries
Take my hand, O goddess
Put all your knowledge into my palm
And let your magic flow through me¨

I peaked my eyes open to see the purple magic fog moving around Una and the rest of the girls. I looked at the purple fog as it lifted the puppy in the air. I closed my eyes quickly as Una stabbed the dog and its blood filled the pool and moved its way to the statue of Hekate. ¨three more left to do ¨ Una said and opened her eyes, as she put the knife back in the box and the other girls put the offerings on the statue, I blew out the torches and prayed for the dog to have a good afterlife in peace. Next, we went to the temple of NYX which was in the school across from Hekate. As I walked into the room it was dark with light spots on the roof showing the stars and night time and in the middle was a painting of NYX holding her hands out .¨get the wine ¨una said to me, I grabbed the wine and we walked into the pool of Nyx, the water that was dark blue and was glowing ¨ bring the raven that's dark as night ¨una said and one of the girls brought the box to her. At the end of the pool was a waterfall. We poured the wine into the pool and closed our eyes again. This time I had to be in front bc I'm the granddaughter of Nyx and her favorite out of her grandkids... I was the only one she would talk to. One of the girls in the hoods took my hood off and let my long hair down. They handed me the knife of a Nyx that was dead black and forever cold at the touch. The other girl put black paint symbols of the cosmos and symbols of Nyx on my body and arms and face. I closed my eyes and said ¨nyx I call you ¨ and when I opened them my eyes glowed blue as the other girls stepped back to pray and they all put one hand on my back.

¨ Beautiful, black-eyed Nyx, cloaked in darkness, the mother of Aether, Hemera, Moros, Apate, Dolos, Nemesis, the Keres, the Moirai, the Hesperides, Oizys, Momus, the Oneiroi, Hypnos, Thanatos, Koalemos, Philotes, Geras, Eris, Jupiter, and my father. the daughter of misty chaos, mother of great and mighty spirits, I called to u ¨ I said out loud and put the knife up in the air. black fog floated around me and lifted the raven out of the box. my eyes glowed as if I was in a trance and it took my soul to Nyx herself.

I saw my body sitting there holding the knife. The color was lost in the room because I'm now in the spiritual world. I looked up to see the painting of NYX gone. I looked around, walking on air and around the room. and there I sawed her sitting on the waterfall she was beautiful her eyes were black and her skin was dark blue and shiny and smooth as if she was glass, she had long black hair with starlight all over it, she had a humble smile and a long white dress that spit showing her one of her legs that as a black band around it and a glowing curst moon sign on her thigh floating above her head like a halo was the moon eclipses. ¨hello star¨nyx said and walked on the water to me ¨ hello grandmother ¨ I said and bowed down to her ¨no need for that my child¨nyx said helping me up ¨…… I sent you here bc I've been watching u ¨ Nyx said, I looked up at her ¨ i ..did I do something wrong ¨ I said ¨no but something is coming from the heavens angel Michael and ……. The devil's oldest son ¨nyx said, my eyes got big ¨dracula? What does he want with me ¨ I said ¨ I can't tell u … your aunts the fates told me but you need to watch for him …. I cannot get involved in the real world but I can give u this ¨nyx said and handed me a silver necklace with an owl face on it ¨whats this do ¨ I asked ¨ this protects u from vampires it makes it hard for them to kill u ¨nyx said and hugged me ¨be careful little one all the answer you'll find in him, but danger will come out of it as well ¨. I closed my eyes and came back to the real world with the necklace on my neck and NYX gone. I looked at the raven and said the last part of the prayer

.¨Ever - present one, you live in the shadows; we know you in the dusk, in the comfort of the night. broad-winged Nyx, you clasp the hand of Hemera each eve and morning, you greet her with love and sorrow for only those moments may you embrace your child. Goddess, awesome one, in your realm are we all unblemished, in your realm, do lovers´ promise rings true, in your realm are all things possible, if only until daybreak ……………………….... Nyx, I honor u ¨

I said and stabbed the raven to let his blood lift to the painting of NYX floating around like veins in the human body. All the other witches looked up and kept their hands on my back. ¨what did the goddess tell you ¨Una said ¨that I must be ready for the threat …. I promise I'll protect us and our home no matter what ¨ I say to my fellow witches there counting on me to keep them safe. We left the temple of NYX to the last one, the temple of Asteria, the goddess of stars. We need to ask her for the date and time of the day Dracula will come. But Asteria only talked to kids and lucky my little sister and brother were happy to talk to her. We walked in with her gifts of Dark blue and starry crystals to simply honor her presence. Azurite with its dark blue hue and lapis lazuli with its blue hue and golden pyrite flecks are symbols for the night sky. Asteria temple was covered in neon lights and the roof was glass showing night stars for the ones who pry in here. It's the best way to connect to her. The pool was in the shape of an eye in the middle was a painting of her holding the stars in her hands . the water glowed with teal and purples like a galaxy. For this spell, my youngest siblings, the twin Astrea and solar, must come in to do the spell and talk to her. They walked in and took the crystals from me. As they walked to the pool both and solar put the crystals on the water which made a ding sound allowing them to walk on the water. Only a few at a time can talk to the goddess so as they walked to the statue I and the others stood around the pool and held hands, Una as the goat lay on a board behind the statue she opened the knife for asteria which were glowing and had a galaxy like a pattern on it. The twins walked in front of the statue and put the crystals in the air and closed their eyes, as did I and so did the others. We all prayed.

-¨Asteria who dwells in the darkness,star-bright, mistress of spangled skies, I praise your name. Daughter of phoebe, great of understanding, and restless Coeus who seeks to know all; sister of twice-blessed Leto; mother of Hecate to whom all honors are given, I pray to you ¨

The girl witches yelled and I looked up to see balls of light shot around looking like shooting stars. I closed my eyes. then the statue glowed and came to life and there she was smiling at the little boy and girl. As Astrea and Solar went to the spiritual to speak to her Una put the knife in the air,¨hello little ones aren't you cute¨ASTERIA said and smiled at them ¨ goddess ASTERIA ...we've come to ask about the time of Dracula ¨astrea said stuttering her words, ASTERIA loved the way both solar and Astrea is calm and sweet like there father ¨ I see, are those for me ¨ she said and bend over, Astrea handed her the crystals ̈yes maám we picked them for u¨ solar said smiling at her and blushing ¨ will thank you I love them ¨ASTERIA said and kissed solars cheek. ASTERIA was beautiful as any goddess she had a crown that had a big star on it and was glowing, her hair was wavy and black but in the middle was a pattern that looked the milky way, her eyes were golden and glowing and her Pupil was in a shape of a star and she had a crystal on her forehead, on her legs was every zodiac sign in the world due to her the zodiacs creator and queen. Her dress was blue with pink highlights and was split showing one of her legs, she wore a long slick back see thru robe that floated up in front of the twins. ー, let's see what I can find for you.“Asteria said and closed her eyes, she's good at math and time even though she's not the god of time Kronos but she knows time as much as he does. ¨ 27 days he´ll come from the grounds of Transylvania but if he changes his mind it will change .” Asteria said to the twins, ¨how many weeks are in 27 days ??¨ solar said confused ¨ its 3 weeks and 8 days solar ¨astrea said in her cute baby voice ¨your bright you'll be a good witch one-day ¨ the goddess said to Astrea ¨thank you maám ¨ she said and solar got sad ¨do not worry in your future your gonna be a little king ¨ the goddess said to solar and lifted his head. The twins closed their eyes and opened them showing the real world and as they came back Una prayed for the goat's afterlife and stabbed it letting the blood run on the statue. the twins walked to me and grabbed their books ¨it's 5 pm I need to get yall home ¨star said and put their bags on their backs¨everyone else went on the bus so I'll drive yall, go outside and wait for me¨ I said and the twins walked out the temple. the other girl witches looked at me ¨ are u here for our family our community ¨una said to me. I felt the reasonability on my shoulders ¨yes ...¨ I said ¨good whatever Dracula wants out off u need to find out and report to us ...u understand ¨ Una said giving me a dead stare .¨ I… yes ¨ I said and looked down in fear of what does this want out of me ¨ I'll find out what he wants ..when he comes ¨ “I said ¨3 weeks star u must be ready¨ Una said and walked away with the other witches. I walked out of the temple down the halls where all the students and witches were walking to the door. I walked out to see the twins using a spell to grow a flower back to life, the flower was a moon crust flower the school's flower, and a sign of a witch. When one witch dies it is tradition to put this flower on their gravestone because they can't die even when picked. It blooms forever

I walked the twins back to my job, we walked out the witch territory and shops past the mansions where mostly unicorns live to the restaurant on the corner off of fleet st. and R.s john st. The location of my job was in the ruins full of homeless people and monsters and gang violence from both humans and elves who want to get territory on their own. Sadly marble has to pay m.c money like rent every month and I hate this. but it's to protect her place and her home so she has to. ¨ I'm back!¨ I yelled to marble the place was quiet and still. At 6 to 7, I will work hard like I did this morning bc people get off of work, I picked up solar and Astrea and sat them in a booth and gave them some snacks¨yall know the drill, don't talk to anyone, don't leave the booth and DON'T TELL MOM! ¨ I said and pointed at them, the twins rolled there eyes and marble came with a coloring book and crayons ¨leave these kids alone … here yall go my sweet little peaches ¨ marble said and pushed star away she gave it to the twins and they smiled at each other. ーdon't be sneaky ¨ I whispered to them and gave them a look. My mom doesn't get off work till 10 sometimes at midnight.

My other siblings are with their dads and my dad knows about my job and picks me up at night every night. It quit and I was wiping the tables when M.c walked in with his gang dressed in suits and had a bunny mask on, I ran to the twins and put them behind me ¨M.C your not supposed to be here till 2 weeks from now ¨ marble said walking out ¨ well I was in the neighborhood and I thought how much this place loves me¨M.c said with a crazy smile ¨i… I don't have the money m.c ¨marble said in fear, M.c rolled his eyes back and laughed ¨well that's unfortunate ¨he said, and then his gang started to pull stuff off the shelf's ¨wait stop ¨marble said and grabbed one of the gang members hands .he pushed her back and when she looked straight there was m.c and a gun to her head, the twins kept behind me as they started to cry ¨ I never liked your kind, ugh so stubborn and point less¨m.c and knocked the gun back. The fear grew as I saw marble eyes as if she knew this might be her last night ¨WAIT ¨ I said and held my hand out, M.C looked at me and kept the gun on marble .¨here take it ¨ I said and handed out the 400 dollars that marble gave me earlier ¨no¨ marble whispered to me I signed my lips to say it's okay. M.c walked over to me and smiled ¨ I knew I liked u little witch ¨ he said and pitched my cheek ¨just take it and go ¨ I said and pushed his hand away from me ¨ your brave little witch ¨ he said and took it from and walked to the door ¨marble I need 800 by next week or next time I won't waste a bullet on this place¨ m.c said and he and his gang walked out the restaurant.

As soon as I left, I hugged my twins and ran to marble whos crying ¨hey it's okay ¨ I said and hugged her ¨ what I'm supposed to do I can't get 1,800 by next week ….. Bills and I have to pay you back... And ¨marble said in stress, I saw this and said¨u don't have to worry about paying me I'll work and help you get that 1,800 okay¨ I said and marble looked up at me wiping her tears ¨you'll do that? ¨she said. I nodded my head and she hugged ¨ I'm so sorry my little peaches ¨marble said and hugged the twins ¨ it's okay marble ¨solar said. After that I kept looking out the window checking for anyone creepy¨ 9 pm !¨ I yelled and looked behind me to the twins helping marble pick up the seasons all over the floor ¨alright rush hour ..thx kids go sit and draw ..and I'll bring y'all an apple pie ¨marble said and the twins got happy and sat down. I walked in the kitchen to marble ¨i hate letting them see that ¨i said and watched the twins coloring ¨it's part of life .. we can't change the way things are ¨ marble said washing dishes.¨ It's only gonna get worse that's why u must keep them pure and keep them away from the darkness¨marble said to me and I looked at them ¨ya your right ¨i said and put up the dishes.

I'm good at dealing with stress and pressure so it didn't faze me at all ¨life has to move on¨ I said to myself and took a breath. you can't be stuck in one spot thinking about what I did wrong or what I could have done you have to catch whatever ball is thrown at you and if u miss one, don't worry bout that one ball bc you still have a lot more to go in life and those balls won't slow down nor stop for you. Being the second mom I have to be calm and take anything that's thrown at me bc I have to keep my family balanced and if I fall so will my siblings. It was peaceful the rest of the night, not too many customers and the twins helped me serve people and clean the marble. we only made 60 dollars that night and that's the most we make every day, as new fancy restaurants come out we lose more people buy the day.¨alright that was the last one ¨marble said putting the closed sign-up, I put on my coat and looked outside to the rain ¨put on you alls coats I'm calling dad¨i said to the twins and picked up my phone to call moon ¨hey dad the restaurant closed and it's raining can u pick us up ¨ I said to the phone ¨ya I'm already on my way stay in the restaurant till I come ¨moon said driving to the restaurant ̈okay... I love to see you when you get here, I said and hung up on the phone. ¨okayyyy dads coming ¨ I said to the twins as they were counting the raindrops ¨44,901¨solar said counting them ¨wyd?” I said looking at solar, he looked at me and said,¨counting the raindrops to see how many fall from the sky¨solar said. even though it's gonna take him forever to count them he still tries and that's a good thing. I put on my hat and sat with the twins waiting for the moon. I looked out the window at the night and the rain. It was quiet for the first time the headlight was on but flickering on and off it was across the street and I could see a blurry figure of a man. I squinted my eyes to see who it was and as I focused on the figure I saw the man with golden hair, he was standing there looking right at me, his blond hair was covering half his face as the rain fell on his body, he wore a blue shirt and black jacket his eyes locked on me and I couldn't look away from his eyes was like a crystal blue lake that felt like I felled in.

¨beep, Beep ¨ moon beeped for me and the twins I zoned back in and looked at Moon and turned my head to see he was gone. ¨ Hurry, there's a storm coming!! ¨ Moon said running out of the car to pick up solar and Astrea ¨ you okay ¨ moon said to me as the water hit my face, I looked at if I saw a ghost ¨what... Um ya, let's go ¨ I said walking around the car and looking back at the headlights. My dad own a nice car that was shiny and black BMW moon slicked his gray hair black handed the twins his jacket ¨hey u okay … your acting weird¨ moon said with a smile as he lightly hits my arm. I looked at him and said ¨ya just school … ¨ I said and moon face got serious ¨the Dracula thing ¨he said ¨how ...ya ¨i said surprised he knew. ¨ Una told me and that's why you'll be staying with me for 3 weeks till I know he's not coming ¨moon said keeping his eyes on the road. I was happy to see my dad caring for me once and I smiled at him. My dad was very attractive. He had gray hair that was cut on the sides, he wore mostly suits and his skin was pale and shiny. I looked at his light purple eyes that were like looking into a whole different universe. My little sister Galaxy got her name from her eyes, when my mom looked into her eyes she was amazed. She is my dad's twin in everything except she has hair like mine and is shy. But looking at this made me see how much I do look like my sibling and how I want to switch it up.

When we pulled up to Moon's house it had stopped raining a little bit. My dad had a big nice house where everyone has their rooms. My dad might seem happy but I know he's lonely and wants love but I don't want him to get hurt by a woman and especially a woman that's not my mom. My mom moved to Greece and my dad met in high school where loco and pardo also went too .my dad told me he was attracted to her not wanting to wear makeup or wanting to be in social groups and not caring about the little stuff. he says I'm just like her in that way, they got together in their last year of high school and had my big sis nebula and after her me and as u think but your younger sibling? Well, my mom and her ex's are on and off throughout her life.

I walked into his glass and shiny doorway and took off my shoes and I walked in the kitchen to see my aunt Jupiter, she had purple to blue hair and dark blue eyes and her skin was pale, shes is moons twin sister and tall like Moon but beautiful with glasses and a half-moon symbol on her forehead. She was cooking for me and the twins ¨hey guys! lucky for y'all get this meal all to yourselves ¨ Jupiter said handing us a hot plate of sushi and salmon .¨ Where're the others? ¨i said and sat down at the white marble table ¨watching tv or sleeping ¨ Jupiter said and sat down with us. The food was amazingly hot, spicy, and tasty like always and I ate it pretty quick as did the twins ¨so I heard about what happened at school ¨ Jupiter said ¨ Jupiter not right now .. she's gonna be staying here¨ moon said. ¨ It's okay dad ¨i said ¨ it's a big responsibility u know ..¨ Jupiter said to me ¨i know¨ I said. ¨ so u must be ready to protect us ..your witch family ¨ she said and I looked down and looked at moon shaking his head at his sister. ¨star u can go eat in your room so I and your aunt can talk ¨my dad said smiling at me and giving a death stare at Jupiter. I got up and took my plate down the hall but before I left I listen to what they were saying ¨she's only 16 u cant put so much pressure on her ¨moon said ¨she's a witch and a grown woman she has to make the goddesses proud ¨jupiter said ¨idc about the goddesses my daughter is not fighting a vampire nor facing or talking to one ¨moon yelled and I walked into my room.

My room was big. It had a wide window with creamy white wavy see thru curtains, my covers were made from silk and had the same color as my curtains. I brushed my hands over the smooth covers and looked out the window to the bright stars. Covering moons house was a peaceful forest and a lake that was clear as glass. As I gazed at the stars I thought about my name ¨star¨ I don't know why I thought about it but my dad told me when I came out right when I took my first breath a new star formed in the sky and it was so bright everyone looked outside to see. And that's how I got my name. The witches think it's a sign that I was given to them by Nyx herself. But if I was that important I think I would feel as if I was a gift. I started at the same star I was born with, it was bright and glowed brightly in the night sky as if it was calling to me ¨what do u want …. Please tell me why I'm here¨ I said to the star, desperately trying to figure out what my purpose was. As normal, there was no answer the star could give me and I looked at the necklace Nyx gave me, and then I remembered Dracula out of everything and how he's coming to me for some reason?

I walked over to my bed and took off the necklace and sat it in my jewelry box and got ready for bed. As I sat in front of my mirror brushing my long hair I thought to myself ¨when's the last time I did something I wanted ¨ and how I never do anything crazy. Then it came to me. I touched my hair and my mind came up with the craziest idea. I opened my spellbook and found the page that changes hair color, I looked at myself and then looked at the spell I took a green crystal that shows natural and earth and a pink one to show the beauty and new and then I said ¨give my hair like gold ¨ and I took the crystal and clung them together 6 times as I closed my eyes. When I opened them my hair was golden blond. it looked like the hair of corn and was shinny, at this moment you'll think ill be happy but no I wasn't ¨NO NO ….What did I do ¨i said and hold my mouth closed unbeloved ¨dad is gonna kill u and what are u gonna tell mom ugh… and then the witches ¨ I said and hold my head ¨i can fix it ¨ I said and read the spell which shown¨ warning spell can't be reversed ¨ my brain wanted to burst like a balloon but I had to stop myself so my dad didn't come. After my break down I looked at my hair again and got happy and started getting a big ego.

I turned off my lights and I could see the star made a blue-like light shine in my room. it was hard for me to fall asleep so I stayed up and read a book ¨moby dick ¨ it was my favorite book. My dad gave it to me when I was 10 years old for my birthday. As I read thru the pages and excitement like it was my first time reading. I heard a knocking sound from my window. At first, I looked and just went back to reading then I heard crunching sounds and I got scared ¨hello? …. ¨i said and walked slowly to the open window the sounds got louder and my gut told me to get my magic ready to knock out whoever is coming ¨ if I was I wouldn't do anything stupid ¨ I yelled and walked out on the deck to see nothing there. I checked down on the ground there was no one and then I looked behind the big glass window and still no one? and then I looked behind me to see the man, I hurried and tried to hurt his head with a spell but he held my hands together ¨what! ...how did u¨ I said and looked at his feet and stepped on his toe which let me free and then I ran to my door but before I could reach it he was there and staring at me with death ¨ look whatever u want I don't have so leave ¨i said and the man looked confused ¨ are you Star lunar Galanis ¨ his voice was calm and kind like ¨uhh ya? wait are you¨ I said and got scared if he's ¨dracula ?¨ the man said and started to make a little laugh ¨do I look like Dracula ¨ he said ¨no, not I thought he would have more of a pale cold look ¨ I said, and loosen up a little bit ¨ what you got that from movies? ¨ he said ¨ya well that's all I can base him off and how u know me ?¨ I said ¨ I saw you in the restaurant … my apologies if I seem off¨ the man said walking and looking around at my room ¨no problem ?¨I said ¨ and my name is Michael as in the Archangel Michael

-Michael the Archangel is one of the archangels. He is repeatedly depicted as the. “great captain,” the leader of the heavenly hosts, and the warrior helping the children of Israel.

¨ he said and smiled ¨wait you're an angel !¨i said I was exceeded. ¨Yes I was sent by the elders to protect you ¨ Michael said looking at my book .” wow .. so the elders like GIA, NYX, and god himself your father send u to protect me!¨ I said smiling

¨yes why is that surprising. I mean you really thought you'll be fighting on Dracula by yourself ¨ Michael said ¨will I've been doing most things by myself ¨ I said and looked down. Michael walked over to me and touched my new blond hair ¨why did you do this ¨ he said and my eyes went big ¨uh because I wanted to be different ig¨i said ¨you already are different that's why the gods want u to save everyone it could have been anyone else but they picked you star¨ he said and looked at me with concern. I never had this happen to me where I had to talk about my feelings so it was weird to me ¨ I'm sorry ¨i said and Micheal took a step back and laughed ¨your sorry for being special and different ¨ ¨ya I guess ¨ I said looking stupid and feeling stupid . that night Michael stayed right by me we talked about everything I asked him about god and what's he like and he told me ¨ he's balance .. ¨ he asked about my family. ¨ so what's god real name ¨ I said ¨well I can't tell u but he's all-powerful he tells Zeus what to do and Zeus follows no matter what ¨ Michael said. Not an answer I wanted to hear but I was fine with it, he told me the basics about Dracula ¨he's dangerous star. You have to be careful … I ́m serious ¨michael said and hold my hand ¨ okay.. I'll be careful, “I said and looked at him. That night I fell asleep but I could feel he was there. When I woke up it was 6 am and Michael was gone ¨knock,knock¨ moon open the door to me still lying in bed ¨goodmorning time to get ready for work ¨moon said smiling at me ¨ugh fine ..can u shut the door ¨ I said and as moon shut the door behind the door was Michael ¨omg!¨ I yelled ¨WHat¨moon said opening the door again¨uhh nothing I just forget a test is a today ¨I said looking at Michael from behind the door ¨oh okay ¨moon said and shut the door. ¨ I thought u left?¨ I said and Michael walked out of the shadows ¨ I did ..but I came back ¨ Michael said and sat on my bed ¨plans had changed … Dracula is coming faster than we thought ¨ Michael said ¨what how fast ¨ I said ¨he´ll be here in 12 days ¨ Michael said . my heart started to beat out of my chest. Dracula will be here in less than a week ¨ star .. hey I promise I'll try to keep him from finding you ¨michael said and looked into my eyes ¨ what if u cant ¨ I said and looked down. Michael picked my head back up ¨ I will ¨ Michael said. Michael went out to the window and jumped down to the ground, I followed him and looked down at him ¨ wait where u going ¨ I said ¨ I have a vampire to find ..don't worry you'll see me ¨michael said and walked off.

I felt like I was walking on air as if the world was gone from under my feet. I feel more human and free. I don't know if it's the hair but I love this feeling. Now on a normal day, I wore a hoodie and some jeans and that's what I was gonna grab til I saw a white dress that belonged to my mom's mother Eve the first woman. I don't know much about her but she did wear this pretty dress.

-Now my mother is the zodiac sign Taurus. Each zodiac gets 4,000years of being a zodiac and then when those years are up they have human years and start to age leaving their kids to be the next generation. My mom is the first Taurus and I don't know which of her kids will be the next. it changes when a zodiac dies within 4,000 years. My mom is 4,036 years old. In short human years, she's 36 and she has almost 20 kids.

The dress had straps and had nice patterns on it. When I put it on and kept my hair down I looked like a different person ¨wow ¨i said looking at the mirror ¨, okay u got this star ...ugh I forgot u need to tell dad about the ¨i said and pointed at my hair. ¨ After school¨ I said and instead of going out the door I grabbed my bags and books and walked to the window, I put a spell on the oak tree that was right next to my window. The tree branches turned into stairways for me and I walked down from it and made it go back to normal. It's August and already the leaves are falling from the trees. I walked down the long dirty and white rock driveway from my house. The air was cleaner than usual and the sun shined brighter.

Today the town will throw a parade downtown for the day monsters and humans had their first meal as equals. Like thanksgiving but for monsters having a relationship with humans. The day before my birthday.

It goes on for a week as the next day after is( El Dia de Los Muertos) the day of the dead and (Dia de las Brujas ) the day of the witches where one witch is picked and treated like a queen and gets to wear Hekate's crown for one day.

I went over to my mom's house, which was filled with her friend and kids making outfits for the parade ¨ hey mom ¨ I said and my mom who was too busy cooking pies and ham .¨oh hey honey .. can u help the triples with there paper leaves … oh and nice hair ¨ torus said ¨ ya thx mom¨ I said sad and walked over to the twins stressed and fighting over crayons ¨omg what are yall doing ¨ I said bending over and grabbing the pencils from them ¨will if u can see where trying to draw this stupid leaves ¨mia said ¨dont say stupid mia¨ I said ¨ya ya whatever ¨ mia said rolling her eyes. ¨just try to share ..okay ¨ I aid to the three ¨ k sisy¨ desire said and started drawing, she is very good at it making sure she gets every shade and color looking like a real one ¨oh wow desire that's incredible ¨ I said, and picked hers up ¨what bout mine ¨dj and mia said and hold up there messed up crazy brown/green looking leaves ¨uhh ya so creative ¨ I said and smiled and then I got up and seen Cara walking with Victor seeing them two laughs and how victor stayed so close to her it made me a little jealous. I just stared at her and him and saw her so happy for once its been so long since we saw her. ¨cara ¨ I said and walked up to her ¨omg star ¨cara said and hugged me tight ¨ oh hey victor ¨ I said to him¨ hello star ¨ he said and looked at me as if I smelled like a skunk ¨are you okay?¨ I said and smelled myself ¨ i...I'm fine ¨ victor said and walked away from me with Cara .¨well that was weird ¨ I said to myself and walked outside to pardo grilling and looking like a clown ¨oh wow ..so this year a clown ¨ I said smiling at him ¨ Yepp, oh wow you got I new hairstyle ¨pardo said staring at it ¨ ya your the only one who noticed ¨ I said ¨ I mean I like the old hair … and your mom noticed shes just busy ¨ pardo said hugging me ¨ I know ¨ I said and smiled a light smile. `` OKAY, WHO'S READY FOR THE PARADE? Torus yelled, holding her hands up, ``Vamos senorita ¨pardo said, shaking my shoulders and pushing me to walk.

We packed up and went downtown on the road with pardo and my half-siblings Selena who's 4 and baby PJ who's 1 . Pardo is my mom's last ex and he only had 2 kids with her but adopted foxy and Evan

Pardo Lopez is a Cuban and American mixed kid, 100% human, and moved to Spain from Florida. He was born in Florida and met Taurus when he moved to a college in Spain. He was born as an only child to his mother who was an American teacher and died from a seizure when he was 15 years old. So his dad, a painter, and grandmother raised him.

¨is moon coming ¨ I said ¨uh ya didn't you talk to him ¨ pardo said driving ¨ no I went out the window ¨ I said bluntly ¨oh bc the hair ¨pardo said and laughed at me. I rolled my eyes and laughed at him and we pulled up at the parade showing floats of animals and heroic leaders of both human history and monsters. And one huge float of the first meal On top of it was honesty doing some last touches. she waved at me and I waved back. but then she started to cough and it made me sad realizing what the doctor says she won't make it to her 18th birthday and she's 15.

Honesty is my half-sister, her dad is human and is in jail for abusive behavior to extraordinary ( my step sister that's an elf ) and her mom Eva (also elf). She has unknown cancer that doctors can't find nor have a cure for just meds that they give cancer patients to help slow it down. Honesty is in and out of hospitals so much she spends most holidays in a hospital.

but I didn't want to make her sad so I kept a smile on my face. My mom took the little one's hands and took her meals to the long table that goes down the street where we will eat tonight. On the table were meals and meals of food and chairs that people bring from their homes. We do this to come together and better our relationships and to also help the homeless and feed people/monsters who need food. As I was hanging up balloons I looked over to see a man who was not Michael. This man had black slinky hair and was tall. He wore a black jacket and under was a gray shirt that was ripped open showing his pale chest and his face was handsome. He had red glowing eyes and pupils sharp and focused on me, had nice thick eyebrows and two shaped teeth. His jawline was sharp and had nice cheekbones. The man smirked at me and I looked around trying to figure out who he was looking at but when I turned around he was gone and Michael was there and mad.

¨ holy cow ..u scared me ¨ I said and giggled ¨i've looked everywhere for u !¨ Michael said ¨ oh u was ¨ I said and put my hands together ¨ YA .. ¨ Michael said and looked around the corner ¨what's wrong ¨ I said ¨ the witches called me an hour ago saying he was 10 miles away ¨ Michael said ¨wait what ¨ I said and then it hit me the guy was Dracula and he's in town ¨ but now there saying to 12 days away again ¨ Michael said fractured “. I didn't want him to know that I saw him and he got hurt so I kept my mouth shut ¨whatever he wants from me … he can come to me and me only ¨ I said in my mind. Michael was new to crowds like this I can tell but he wants to stay right next to me so he has to deal with drunk monsters and people throwing necklaces. ¨ star ¨victor said to me and I walked over to him¨hey what's up ¨ I said ¨ I know star ¨victor said and pulled me to the corner ¨ u know what ¨. ¨ Michael the angel !! I can smell an angel 100 feet away and you're in a mess with Dracula! ¨ Victor whispered ¨shhh¨ I said. I looked around to see if anyone heard him¨ he's a dangerous star .. ¨ victor said ¨ I know because he's a vampire ¨ I said ¨, not just him ¨ victor said and looked at Michael ¨what what do you mean ¨ I said ¨ he's the twin of the devil .. and he kills anyone for god .. don't u think that kind of person isn't safe ¨victor said and I looked at him. I didn't know what to say but I don't believe it so I rolled my eyes ¨he killed kids, STAR¨ victor said and grabbed me tight. All of a sudden Michael came and grabbed victors arm ¨is there a problem ¨ Michael said .victor eyes glowed as he locked his eyes on Michael ¨no there's no problem ¨ I said and pulled Michael's arm and walked out to the crowd.

Is it true? Did he kill kids? Would he kill me if God told him to? this question was stuck in my head threw the whole day when it came time for the big supper I sat in one of the seats and saw my dad ¨ star ??¨ Moon said ¨ya dad ¨ I said ¨your hair ..its ¨moon said as he touched it. I looked down thinking he's gonna say something bad ¨i like it ¨ moon said and smiled. ーreally ¨ I said and looked up ¨ ya … you look like a girl I used to know. moon said and kept touching it ¨who?¨ I said and Moon turned me to my mom. my mom was putting the hams on the tables and telling everyone to sit down.

The dinner was big and amazing. Everyone was together and happy, my mom sat by me, and on my other side was Michael. ¨ oh hey honey I forgot to say I like your hair ¨ my mom said and smiled at me ¨thanks mom. I was happy she finally noticed .¨Hey are you okay ¨ Michael said because I haven't talked to him¨ ya I'm fine ¨ I said quickly and turned away from him and looked at victor across the table.

After dinner, we helped pick up and play at the park. The night sky and summer/fall were warm. Lights were hanging on the trees. If we were to turn those off the stars could give us enough light to play. I ran down the hill with my little sister and brother. We ran down the hill to the lake where it was tradition for my family to put a lantern and let it drift away showing a new year and a new clean soul. As everyone put theirs down and we all stood on the warm silk smooth tall grass and watched our lanterns drift away. And I knew this year was gonna change my life.

I went back to Moon's house and right when I walked into my room tried I saw Michael .¨ what's the wrong ¨ he said ¨ I don't wanna talk about ¨ I said and walked to my bed ¨will I guess your gonna have too¨michael and I turned around annoyed ¨fine! victor told ¨ I said ¨what¨ he said. ¨ you've would do anything for the gods ...even if that means killing someone ..YOU'VE KILLED KIDS ¨ I said angry, Michael looked at me in shock ¨ I wouldn't hurt you and I've never killed a kid ¨ he said ¨ ya bc the gods told you not to hurt me, but what if I can't do what they want from me ..ugh... I bet you would kill me in a snap of the god's fingers !¨ I yelled and Michael looked down ¨ you wanna know the truth .. fine your right I will do a thing for the gods and I have killed for them...but you, your different star ¨michael said and touched my arms. I could see he meant it but I was skeptical. That night Michael left to visit the witches on Dracula and I slept there but all I could think about was Dracula and when I saw him today. ¨ughh get out my head ¨ I said to myself trying to think of something else but no. All I could dream about was him, his smile and skin, the way his eyes locked on my soul like a thief. ¨wait you're not attracted by him are u star¨ I said to myself and my eyes grew big ¨omg ¨ I said ¨ no, no I'm not!¨ I said and tried to go back to bed, but once again he was there ¨UGHHHH¨i yelled ¨great now I can't sleep ¨ I said.

I lay there all night angry and when I finally did fall asleep, I had a dream of a Dracula. He was with a woman and looked human. He and the woman played fighting with a little boy. The room was filled with laughter and happiness. But this turned into Dracula holding his wife on the floor and his kingdom in ruins. It felt like I was there and I wanted to help him as he cried to the women he looked up to. His eyes glowed red and his people turned on him and were trying to kill him. But he went savage and killed every single person with no feeling nor facial expression. When he was done and looked over at his son with blood dripping down his face. The son was crying and hiding behind a building Dracula went over to him and hugged him tight ¨ goodbye little one … I can not be here anymore ¨ Dracula said in the boy's ear ¨dad no¨the boy cried.

I woke up in tears and looked at the clock ¨4 am ¨. ¨ he's just a father who lost his wife, his kingdom, his family ¨ I said to myself and got sad for him.¨ maybe when he comes I… can try to help him.¨ I said to myself and wiped my tears off my face.

Morning light came through my window and I had a plan to save both the town and my family and help Dracula. I was on a goal to do this bc that dream didn't come to me for no reason. I went over to my calendar ¨ 9 days left ¨ I said to myself and then looked out the window to the chilling blow of wind. ¨ god!¨ I said and graded a jacket ¨it got cold quick ¨ I said and put on the light blue jacket and walked downstairs. ¨we need to talk ¨moon said and I stopped in my tracks.¨what¨ I said and looked at him ¨ what's been going on with you? First, the hair and now you're hanging out with archangels ?¨ Moon said to be angry and worried ¨look dad, first that angel is Michael and he's here to protect me .. unlike you ¨ I said as I watched my dad's face go even more angry ¨ and second did u know a gang put a gun to my head …. Or I never got an F IN MY LIFE! … or did you miss my birthday last year?¨ I yelled, waiting for an answer that didn't come, just moon staring at me. ¨ I didn't think so ¨ I said and walked out of the house and slammed the door, before I got to the sidewalk I walked into the woods behind Moon's house.

When I got deep enough I breathed in and let out a high-pitched scream and threw a rock. I'm so angry at everyone expecting me to know everything ¨im only 16 and they expect me to carry the whole world ...when I cant ¨ I cried and sat on the cold grass. Ik I said I need to catch any ball that's thrown at me but there's too many for one person and it feels like they're hitting me in the face and knocking me down. As I cried and lay on the ground I heard a breaking sound. I looked up but there was too much wood to figure out where the sound was coming from. ¨ leave me alone dad ¨ I said but no answer ¨michael?¨ I yelled and still had no answer. my heart started to race and pound out my chest ¨ whos there ¨ I yelled and naturally my hands started to glow and were ready to hurt whatever is coming. I stood up and looked into the trees to find the thing making the sounds. and all of a sudden a deer jumped out and ran across me and headed to the lake ¨ omg star it's just a deer ¨ I said laughing and picking up my bags and started to walk back to the house. As I walked my stomach started to turn and quake. I wasn't alone. At first, I thought of a deer or an animal but my body screamed and ran, go now!. So I started to run and as I ran I got more scared so I ran faster through the woods. I had to stop to take a breath and when I looked up I could see the house showing me I'm almost there.

I stood back up straight and looked around for a sound and when I heard the cracking sounds I took off and ran again. I ran as fast as I could until I was stopped by tree branches falling from the trees in front of me. I looked up and saw a figure of a woman jump down from the tree. Once I saw her jump down I ran the other way into the woods and hid behind a tree. ¨omg, omg WHOS THAT ¨ I said in my head and trying to get me from breathing so heavy. ¨ I know it's gonna be hard to find you bc that necklace … but I'm good finding my meals ¨ the woman said I turned to get a look at her. She had black long silky hair and a silver moon crown on her head, she wore an ankle-length strapless black dress, her skin was pale and her lips were full and red. She was quite beautiful /scary but something about her face? I've seen her before. I turned back around and thought to myself ¨who is she?¨ I whispered and looked again but she wasn't there. Then I felt her hands grab me ¨got u ¨ she said as I tried to pull away from her but she was too strong. ¨ Who are u?? ¨ I said and the woman looked at my necklace ¨ you're a witch ?¨ she said .and then it came to me she's

Selene the goddess of the moon and the maker of vampires was known for her relationship with apollo and Zeus even tho she love mortal men more than gods

¨SELENE what ...why ¨ I yelled and Selene let my hand go ¨ he didn't tell me u was a witch ¨selene whispered under her breath and looked at me .¨ Who Dracula ?¨ I said ¨ it doesn't matter ¨ she said and she looked deep in my eyes ¨forget what u saw ¨ she said as her eyes glowed ¨are u trying to make me forget?¨ I said and Selene face screamed annoyed ¨YA !.. why didn't work ¨ she yelled throwing her hands up and I touched my necklace ¨ the necklace it protects me from vampires ¨ I said and Selene looked at the necklace and looked at me .¨ Fine I'm gonna have to kill you ¨ Selene said and smiled ¨WHAT I'm one of your witches ¨ I said and stepped back ¨dont care ..now hold still¨ Selene said and her teeth sharpened. I put my hand up and started to hurt her head and when she was close enough to the ground I ran for it .ughhh why do they always run. Selene said, staring at me as I ran through the woods. It only took her one jump to land right in front of me ¨ I say hold still !¨ Selene said but I ran again the other way. ¨ now you're getting on my nerves ¨ she jumped in front of me again and grabbed my neck. her eyes glowed and she went to bite me.

I saw Michael come from behind her and staked her with a piece of wood that went through her heart. Selene dropped to the floor and so did I ¨ Michael thank god ¨ I said and hugged him. ¨ she's gonna wake up soon we need to go ¨ Michael said and picked me up ¨wait what are you doing?¨ I said and Michael's wings came from behind his back, his wings were big and wide, they were white and shiny ¨oh wow ¨ I said looking at the long wings. Michael started to fly up to the sky and I'm scared of heights so I closed my eyes the whole time and kept my arms wrapped around him. When I peeked my eyes I could see we weren't going home or to my school ¨where we were going ¨ I yelled but Michael couldn't hear me he was going too fast up in the air.

The clouds were a pretty warm gold-like color even though the cold wind made it hard for me to look. Michael flew into a big cloud and when we raised from it I saw Olympus. And as I nerd and knew everything about Olympus I was the happiest girl in the world and Michael saw this. ̈ you okay ¨ he said ¨ ya why ¨ I said ¨ bc u look like a kid who is told to get whatever you want in a candy store ¨ Michael said and laughed. he put me on the gold floor and my eyes started sparkling ¨omg ...omg I can't believe it... I'm in Olympus ¨ I screamed and people who were enjoying their day started and looked at me. ¨ummm star ¨ Michael said to me on the floor touching the gold ¨ya ¨ I said ¨ nothing ¨ he said and smiled at me and waved at the people staring at me. We walked through this beautiful place. I saw Olympus high school and college for kids of gods and then I saw the zodiac school and the world zodiacs. ¨ this is amazing ¨ I said smiling ¨ it's alright not something to get exceeded for ¨ Michael said. While walking there were temples and tall buildings, it looked like a normal city. The shape reminds me of New York. We walked past a huge mansion with a gate ¨wow who lives here ?¨ I said and looked at Michael ¨ Zeus and his wife and kids ¨ Michael said ¨but we aren't going there ...we have to go to the main temple ¨ Michael said ¨why?¨ I said ¨ bc I need to ask Zeus something ¨ Michael said. As we walked into the huge long temple I got butterflies in my stomach.

The temple was quite not a sound, the only thing I could hear was my feet walking down the hallway. There were workers there but they were all elves. Finally, we went into a large room where I saw Zeus, Hera sitting and yelling at each other. ¨ IF U WANT A SALMON ILL TELL THEM TO MAKE A SALMON !¨ Zeus yelled ¨NO NOW I DON'T WANT IT ¨ Hera yelled ¨ TO LATE JUST EAT THE SALMON ¨ Zeus yelled and handed her the plate ¨ I SAID I DON'T WANT IT !!!!¨ Hera screamed in his face, me and Michael sat there for a couple of minutes till they noticed us and stopped fighting ¨ Michael nice to see you again ¨ Zeus said and smiled while Hera rolled her eyes. Zeus was handsome he wore a suit and he smoked a long cigar, he had a sneaking smirk and his eyes were a purple color. he had long hair that was in a bun and he had a nice jawline ¨ and you are ¨ Zeus said to me ¨umm star ¨ I said and Zeus looked me up and down and smiled and got off his throne ¨well..well aren't you pretty ¨ he said and got close to me ¨YOUR HER UNCLE ¨ Hera yelled annoyed. ¨ I'm technically everyone's uncle ¨ Zeus said laughing and he was creeping me out ¨dont worry … I'm not a witch type ¨ Zeus said and looked at Michael ¨oh don't give me that face ...Mr.over the top …. I was joking with her ¨ Zeus said while Michael gave him a death look ¨ excuse me Zeus ¨ I said and turned back to me ¨ why is Dracula hated by yall ¨ I said and Zeus's face got serious ¨ I mean... I just think we should try talking and listening to him¨ I said and Hera looked at me ¨ well well look another person's pleasure trying to save Dracula just like his wife ¨ Hera said. Hera was very pretty, her shape was flawless unlike me, a twig with a very small chest. Her hair was blonde, long, and silky like she came out of the water, her eyes were blue and she wore a tight dress and white crown, and her skin looked like glass any light that hit her she would shine. compared to her and me wearing sweats and a bun with sleep in my eyes and let's not forget I fell like 5 times in the woods so ya I look like dum at the moment. I can already tell I'm gonna get self cautions with all the goddesses here!

I stayed quiet and looked at Michael ¨ we came because Star was attacked in the woods ...¨ Michael said ¨ will that's why I sent you there ¨ Zeus said ¨ the person who attacked her was the moon goddess, Star needs more protection and if you cant give it to her I'll go to the elders ¨ Michael said and Zeus looked confused ¨ that's impossible... I locked her up in HELL¨ Zeus said as he got angrier and angrier and you can see this bc the thunder started to roar and his eyes glowed purple.¨ Dracula must have let her out somehow ¨ Zeus said puzzled ¨but how did he know where I put -¨zeus stopped talking and then it came to him ¨ ANGELINA !¨ Zeus yelled ¨bring her in ¨ Zeus yelled at the elf's guards and they nodded and ran out the room. ¨ Who's Angelina ?¨ I said and Michael looked at me ¨ a never annoying vampire ¨ he said. the doors flew showing Angelina in chains smiling at Zeus ¨ bestie-ee u needed me ¨ Angelina said and smiled ¨did u let out Selene ?¨zeus said, trying to stay calm. ¨ well witch Selene there's so many and i-¨ before Angelina could finish Zeus smacked her across the face and knocked her to the ground ¨, don't play stupid Angelina ¨ Zeus said and lifted her head ¨, yes I let her out ¨ Angelina said .zeus stood back up and straighten up his suit ¨ Michael you want more protection for star… there you go ¨ Zeus said throwing Angelina to me and Michael ¨WHAT ..she will try to eat her ¨ Michael said ¨thats your problem ..now get out ¨. ¨but -¨ Michael said ¨I SAID GET OUT ¨ Zeus yelled and Michael stopped talking and grabbed Angelina and me and he walked out.

¨ why were there so many elves ¨ I asked walking with Michael ¨ their slaves to the gods and Olympus ¨ Michael said stressed out ¨ I thought that was not allowed ¨ I said ¨not here … they still are seen as slaves and most of the elves population lives here ¨ Michael said. It got quiet for 5 minutes and I looked at him.

- Any of a large class of inferior female divinities. The nymphs were usually associated with fertile, growing things, such as trees, or with water. They were not immortal but were extremely long-lived and were on the whole kindly disposed toward men. There are many types of nymphs “Celestial Nymphs, Land Nymphs, Water Nymphs, Wood Nymphs, and Plant Nymphs, Underworld Nymphs, etc.” also called elves or in some species fairies. In rare cases, a male nymph can be created like in the class of Evan my little brother, and his father.

¨ I don't need protection ¨ I said mad at Michael ¨ what ?¨ Michael said and stopped walking ¨ you don't need protection?... Just this morning you almost died! And you were hopeless ...when Dracula comes, how are you gonna protect yourself ¨ Michael said, raising his voice.¨ I won't have to… bc I'm gonna talk to him ……. I can't believe you think I'm hopeless ¨ I said ¨ Hera is right you are an idiot ¨ Angelina said and rolled her eyes ¨ he kills kids, mothers…. Daughters ¨ Angelina said and looked down. I think Dracula did something to her ¨ still people deserve a chance to change … and I think I can do that before witches get him ¨ I said and both Michael and Angelina didn't like my idea.

I went home early because I didn't have to go to school due to Dracula watching me and the witches didn't want him to know where their location was. I walked into my room to see Michael standing there and he looked at me ¨michael¨ I said and put my bag up ¨ I came to say sorry¨ Michael said and got close to me. ¨ it..um okay ¨ I said and put my hand on his chest ¨ everything cool ¨ I said trying not to look at him¨ Michael ..umm your close ¨ I said and Michael looked at me and stepped back ¨here I got u this ¨ Michael said and handed me a leather diary ¨ what's this for ¨ I said and looked at it ¨write your thoughts …. Or whatever you want ¨ Michael said and smiled at me. ¨ thank you ¨ I said this gift was special to me bc it was the first time I was surprised unlike on Christmas or birthdays ..it was the first gift someone gave to me without having to. ¨ your welcome .. I'll be on my way I got a vampire to stop ¨michael said and smiled as he jumped down from my window.

That's right, today was the last day tomorrow Dracula will be here, I laid in bed scared ¨ I have to stand to him ….but for some reason, I'm attracted to him… and that's bad¨. I said to myself ¨ and Michael….ughhh¨ I said and lay there mad at my mind for putting these thoughts. so I got up and wrote in my diary

¨ tomorrow I'll look death in his eyes, but I'm not scared ...it's for my family
But why do I feel these feelings for a monster ….. I hope this feeling goes away bc if the capital or Hekate learns I'm trying to save him my way, ill be thrown out like mal .¨

I stopped writing and sat by my window. I'm so nervous to meet him but I know I have to ¨hey soo tomorrow ..ummm¨ my dad walked in and rubbed his head¨ ill be fine dad I got Michael ¨ I said ¨ what makes you think I trust him ¨my dad said and went up and hugged me ¨ we can find a different way… I can't lose my little star ¨ he said and I hugged him back ¨ you won't dad I'm still … ¨ I said as my eyes started to tear up ¨ you don't have to some other witch can do it ¨moon said and looked at me with tears down his face ¨ grandmother wants me to¨ I said and showed him the necklace ¨ of course she does … I'm … I'm just worried ¨moon said ¨i know dad ...it's gonna be okay ¨ I said and kept hugging him tight ¨i love u dad¨ I said and cried in his arms as he held me like a teddy bear.

The next day Michael was in front of my house in a car. I packed my bags and spells books not knowing how long I'll be gone. I walked downstairs to see my dad ¨please don't tell mom … tell her I'm at a camp or something ¨ I said I don't want my mom to be worried about me when she has a lot of her plate ¨star she gonna have to know ..but I'll tell her ¨ moon said and walked me to Michael who took my hand as my handhold on to my other one in fear ¨dad I got my phone... I got Michael .. I'll be fine I promise ¨ I said as moon let go ¨ make sure you call me or I'll kill Dracula myself ¨ moon said. I laughed and said ¨ okay dad… ¨ and I got into the car. ¨so when he comes ...what happens ¨ I said to Michael ¨ I don't know but whatever happens, just know I'll be watching ¨ Michael said and smiled at me. I smiled back but I was still scared ¨ sorry about my dad ¨ I said ¨ it's okay I understand him … I don't want u to go but I have to live with it if I want to kill Dracula ¨michael said ¨wait I thought we were gonna try talking to him ¨ I said and looked at Michael ¨, yes we will ..but mostly he's not gonna listen ¨ Michael said.

I don't know how this is supposed to work but it's weird waiting for a man to come to see you. I went on with my day as normal, waiting and looking for Dracula but he was a no-show? and it made me crazy. As I worked I wiped tables and kept looking out the windows for him and then it hit me. I walked out of the restaurant and took off my shoes and looked up at the sky, letting the raindrops hit my face as I soaked my clothes enjoying the might-be-last moments of freedom. I danced like the black swan expanding my wings, I laughed in the rain and jumped into the puddles. People looked at me from their windows in confusion but I didn't care if they judged me. I kept dancing as the rain poured down and the sun's light tried to peek in from the gray clouds. The light hit my white dress and I looked like a sparkling diamond. I almost fell so I stopped and started laughing. I opened my eyes to see him standing there, water dripping off his hair and clothes. we stood in front of each other and the way he looked at me it gave me butterflies, it was as if time stopped, and the more I looked at him I wondered if he was as bad as people say because from where I was standing he looked broken ...not bad ...not a monster but broken like he needs a friend and I'm gonna be that girl.

I smiled at him and wiped my eyes off and he …. He just kept looking at me as the rain dripped down from his pale chest and clothes. He was more attractive up close than I thought but he looked uninterested in me. he took off his coat and gave it to me ¨what's this for ¨ I said and Dracula looked down and looked back up at me, as I looked down I saw the problem the dress was see-thru ¨oh I'm sorry ¨ I said and put the huge coat on me and he got close to me. As I backed up to a wall in an alley where no one can see. He looked at me and moved my hair from my neck, his eyes were red and bright, his hands were cold as death as it scares my warm body. it was like I was hit at the side or something bc as he put one hand on the wall and the other pulled me close to his chest he sunk his teeth into my neck and gripped on my hips. I didn't cry nor scream, I could feel the pain and the blood getting drained out of my body but I didn't do anything at all. I looked down at my phone showing Michael was calling me as I watched it go off. I dropped a single tear. His hands were cold like frostbite in the mild of a bad winter and his teeth were shaped, right when he lightly put his teeth on my skin. It is already cut. In my mind, I prayed he would stop but felt dizzy and dizzier as he sunk in teeth deeper, and then finally I passed out thinking I was gonna die.

I woke up and touched my neck but the bite mark wasn't there. ¨he healed me ¨ I said in my mind and looked around I was laying on a huge bed with purple covers with black lace, l looked at the lights that hung above the bed and the huge room around me. ¨ Oh wait, my phone ¨ I said and started to look around to see my bags in the corner and my phone on the desk. As I picked up my phone I saw it wouldn't start from the water so I wrapped it up in a blanket and walked around the room. There was a huge mirror by the window. I looked into it and saw someone had changed my clothes. I was wearing a nightgown with a flower pattern on it and my hair was in a braid. ¨hello maám ¨ a middle-aged maid said with a Scottish accent walked in with a tray ¨where I ́m I ¨ I said ¨well you're in the Bran Castle ¨ the women said and put the plate on my bed ¨where is Dracula ¨i said ¨you'll see the lord after u eat and change ¨ the women said and walked out. I opened the tray to see a fruit cup and pancakes.” How did he know?¨ I said bc all the food on the tray was my favorite foods grits, fruit, pancakes, eggs, and a glass of cranberry juice.

I took a bite of my grits and I wrote in my diary

¨ Well I'm here and he's confusing me? last night he bit me and almost killed me but now he has given me breakfast ??? I don't know what to think now. god, I wanna go home ...but I have to be strong and do what I was told …… stop Dracula. ¨

¨It's time maám ¨ the maid said and 3 more maids walked into my room and started to dress me. first, they put my hair up and started to dress me, they put a white corset around me and tighten it tight it made my figure look like a doll. then the toke an old light blue dress out the closest .it had a v cut and pink flower pattern on it ¨this was the duchess dress ...it looks beautiful on you ¨ the maid said and they but my hair into a bun with some piece hanging down with a braid in front. They didn't put makeup on my face, just some lipstick. ¨ the duchess?¨I said and the maid looked at me ¨ you don't have to worry, she died years ago,'' the maid said. I looked down to see bite marks all over her arms ¨did he does that ¨ I said and touched her arm but she didn't answer she just pulled her arm away. I looked at the other maids and saw they all had bite marks covering them which made me scared as I looked at the spot where he bit me.

The maids walked me out of the room where it was nothing like I thought, I thought it would look like the movies spiders, dust, golems but no it was clean and nice and neat ¨do not touch any of the artwork ..don't talk over his grace and DO NOT GO IN HIS ROOM¨ the maid said walking with me down the staircase ¨why?¨ I said ¨dont ask a question he does trust people who ask too much¨ the maid said ¨wait can u put this in some rice for me ¨ I said and handed the maid my phone ¨, of course, ¨ she said and took the phone from my hands ¨thank you ¨ I said and she walked me to a large black door ¨knock, knock …. Your grace she's ready ¨ the maid said ¨let her in ¨ yelled Dracula with a deep voice and the maid open his door and stood beside it ¨ you can go in there now ¨ the maid said and I walked into the room slowly as the closed the door behind me ¨your blood…. It tastes like sour mango. ¨ Dracula said writing in a book ¨ excuse me ?¨ I said confused ¨ what are you …. A witch ..human ¨draclua said. my guts told me not to tell him. I'm a witch the longer I wait for my answer the more suspicious Dracula got and he looked up at me ¨ I'm...human ¨ I said and looked down and then looked at the painting on the wall ¨is … is that Girl with a Pearl Earring ¨ I said as I walked up to the painting ¨yepp one of my favorites ¨dracula said and stopped writing and walked to put up the book ¨ why have you brought me here ¨ I said and Dracula looked at me ¨ company ¨he said and smiled ¨ I have a plan and I saw a little friend of mine likes you ¨ Dracula said and walked up on me.¨please don't bite me ¨ I said ¨darling your blood …. Ha, I don't dream of drinking something disgusting…..but don't worry ill have fun with you ¨ Dracula said and looked at my necklace and then looked up at me. My heart pounded the fear in my eyes and the shaking of my hands. I was really scared for my life. ¨okay calm down ..he won't hurt you ..yet¨ I said in my head.

Before he could ask about my necklace Selene walked into the castle. I could hear the sound of her heels as she walked up the stairs and into the room ¨ what is she doing here !¨ Selene said seeing a Dracula close to me. ¨how do u know her ¨ Dracula said to Selene ¨ well I saw her in the woods ̈selene said looking nervous ¨ what was u doing in the woods ̈dracula said ¨just talking to her ¨selene said and looked at me .dracula looked at me and looked at Selene and somehow he knew she tried to kill me so he walked over to her and smacked her making her hit the wall and go to the floor ¨ I hope u learn your lesson what will happen the next time you do anything behind my back ¨ Dracula said bending down ¨ clean up this mess ¨ Dracula said he looked at me and then walked out. there was glass broken all around her as she sat there on the floor ¨are u okay ¨ I said and went over to her ¨im ...leave me alone ¨ Selene said and stood up ¨ I ́m the goddess of the moon ...queen of all vampires... I'm fine and I don't need help from a child ¨ Selene yelled at my face and walked out. The maids came in and picked up the glass.” Why does she let him do that … if she's so powerful as she says … maybe-¨ I said in my mind ¨she's in love with him?¨ I said and the maids looked at me . “ she was forced to marry him after her turning into a vampire “ the maid said and let me out of the room.

I walked back to my room where I saw the white china-like bowl of brown rice and my phone sitting in it. I picked it up and when the screen turned on I saw 30 messages from Michael. but before I could text him a maid came in with a maid's outfit? ¨the duke wants you to wear this … you're now part of our staff¨the maid said and put the dress on the bed. ¨wait I'm sorry … he's making me one of his slaves Now?¨ I said angry ¨it's better than being his enemy or Selene so … you must deal with it ...when you're done ill show you around the castle ¨ the maid said and walked out the room. I put on the maids dress and put my hair in a ponytail, I'm not new to cleaning or doing chores so I wasn't being dramatic about it. ¨ Where was Angelina ?¨ I said in my mind she was supposed to protect me but I didn't see her at all that day when Dracula took me. That's when it hit me she probably told him or gave him a heads up. I grabbed the phone and texted Michael ¨im fine ¨ and put the phone in a dresser and walked out of the room.

The maid showed me around the castle, she showed me the kitchen and the dining room, she showed me the farm and where to get the cleaning supplies. It was held in a small old wooden closet. ¨ You'll be cleaning mostly rooms and helping with cooking ¨ the maid said and handed me a bucket of soap water ¨ I'm a good cook … back home I worked at a restaurant ¨ I said and smiled but the maid didn't really like my positive attitude ¨mhmm okay… you're not allowed in the Cellar or the duke's room unless he asks ¨the maid said to me ¨why can't I be in the Cellar ¨ I asked ¨ just don't go there ..oh and I'm Grace ¨she said ¨ hello grace my name is star ¨ I said ¨ don't give me that sweet talk bc I'm older than you … I don't like that ¨ grace said, walking with two other buckets.” Oh, I'm not, I'm just a nice person ¨ I said following her. Grace looked at me and sat on the floor and started scrubbing the wood floors. Grace looked about 30 years old she had brown hair and light brown eyes, her eyebrows were nice and thick and you can tell she is human. ¨ So where do I start ¨ I said looking at her ¨ start on the stairs ¨ Grace said and I looked up at the huge Arched stairs ¨oh ¨ I said and looked up went over and started scrubbing. “ it's gonna be a long day” I said in my head

I only got a ⅓ of the stairs down and my arms and hands felt they were gonna break. I looked up to see Selene walking up beside me, she stopped and looked at me and smiled as she took her foot and knocked the bucket down the stairs. I watched as the water went down the stairs and all over the floor ¨ you must be careful ¨selene said and kept walking. I walked down the stairs and started to wipe up the water. It was taking too long to use my hands so I stood up and took off my shoes and put each foot on a towel. At first, I was wiping up like a responsible woman, but when I almost slipped because the floor was so smooth and sleek, I had a better idea. Grace looked up and turned her head to see me sliding across the floor like an ice skater, she watched and shook her head to me acting like a child. but it was too much fun for me to care what she thought I kept sliding across the floor as I held my dress up, I felt like the black swan doing her signature dance on a stage but all fun came to an end and I slipped and fell on my behind.

I sat there for a minute but then started laughing and even Grace broke a little giggle to be covered in bubbles and soap water. But her face went to stone as she looked up ¨what?¨ I said giggling and I looked behind me to see Dracula on top of the stairs. He looked at me and walked back to his room in the west wing of the castle.

When I and Grace were done we walked to the garden for lunch but first, she took me to the kitchen where some other people were working .¨ so how long have you been here ¨” I said to Grace as she took out some fresh french bread. ¨ for a while now longer than most maids here¨ Grace said ¨ but what I wanna know why are you here ¨ Grace asked me ¨well… I'm on a mission... I'm here to save my family ¨ I said and grace looked at me ¨mhmm want a sandwich ?¨ Grace said give me a turkey sandwich ¨thanks ¨ I said. we walked out of the large kitchen to the garden. the garden was beautiful it had old greek sculptures and lovely apple trees, daisies, roses ¨wow ¨ I said ¨I know it's amazing .. one of Dracula's hobbies … planting ain't that weird for the thing people have nightmares off ¨Grace said ¨he made all this ¨ I said ¨ ya oh shot I forgot the grape wine .. I'll be back, just go sit over there ¨Grace said, pointing at a clear spot of grass ¨oh okay ¨ I said and took the basket from Grace and sat it on the grass and sat down.

it was only 5 min since she left but it felt like hours so I got up and looked at the sculptures all around the garden, they were so many and they were beautiful and impactful the faces looked so clearly showing each the things that made them beautiful and the ugly ¨ do you like ¨ Dracula's voice from behind hit me hard ¨umm, yes I do ¨ I said turning to look at him, he walked up next to me and stand there for a minute. I looked over at him and saw the way he looked at the sculptures ¨ yes the way the artist showed its imperfections, as well as its beauty, is impactful to me …. Did you make these?¨ I asked ¨ it's just another hobby of mine …. ¨ Dracula said ¨oh ¨ I said and smiled ¨ yes I scruple all my enemies before I kill them it's a long process and can be unbelievably painful …. you can call them a very impactful and helpful warning to the next person who crosses me ¨ Dracula said and laughing as he touched the sculpture ¨ I see¨ I said as my eyes got big in shock regretting asking him that and looked at one in the middle of the garden ¨what about that one ¨ I said pointing at the sculpture of a beautiful woman with no false. she had long flowing hair and was wearing long dresses. Dracula didn't answer me but looked at the sculpture. I looked at her again and saw she was the woman from my dream, the woman who died in his arms. ¨i'm sorry ¨ I said and looked down ¨ you're a stupid child …. ¨ Dracula said and I looked at him ¨ a child who plays too much … a child who doesn't see the real darkness in this world … the pain ¨ he said and kept looking at the sculptures ¨well isn't that better than to be scared of life and not taking that step forward ¨ I said to him and he made a little giggle ¨ no one is pure... U act as if the world doesn't scare you but I see the real from my eyes and not the fake I hear from my ears …. You can smile all you want but are you really happy? The ones who smile the most are the ones who cried the hardest ¨ Dracula //said and what he said hit me to my core ¨ I-¨ I didn't know what to say to that so I just stand there looking at him .finally he looked over to me and walked back to the castle.

Grace was standing behind an apple tree ¨wow ¨she said and smiled at me ¨ he's … ¨ I said couldn't find the world to call him ¨ intestine … mysterious ...you should see him when he's hungry or angry ¨ grace said and gave me the wine bottle to me and we walked over the basket and ate but I just kept looking up at his room ¨dont ¨ Grace said ¨don't do what?¨ I said ¨ don't be one of his games … you know how many women he's been with and still is with while being with Selene …. He's a manipulator ..he plays with people's minds just to get what he wants star … he doesn't know love, stay away, ¨Grace said, worried for me. I didn't answer and kept eating.

That night I put on my nightgown and rubbed my hands ¨ finally I could lay down. I said and sat on the bed and took out my phone to see Michael's text. How is it going ...are you okay?¨ I texted back ¨im fine but I'm gonna need more time Dracula is a hard lock to break¨ and right when I send he texted ¨i'm coming ¨ he texted but before I could text him to change his mind the phone went off showing Una calling me .¨ hello ¨ I said ¨ star how's it going .. Do you know what he wants? ¨una said ¨ it's only been a day … I need more time ¨ I said ¨ fine you have 3 weeks to make him start that means to whatever you have to do !¨ Una said and hung up. ¨ughhhh¨ I said and lay on the bed and went to text Michael to not come but he stopped responding to my text ¨GREAT!¨ I yelled and squeezed the pillow.

5 am I got up before anyone else and went to the kitchen to eat. ¨ Okay star today we need to dig ...before Michael comes ¨ I said to myself as I ate some eggs and drank some coffee and I was out in the garden thinking about Dracula. they were right. He's deep and he doesn't like people but I need to change that. The maids started to get to work and Grace walked into the kitchen ¨ the duke wants you ¨ Grace said as she opened her eyes and gave me his breakfast ¨he eats?¨ I said ¨will ya … he doesn't only drink blood,'' Grace said and pushed me out of the kitchen. I walked up the stairs slowly as my hands shook. ``Okay, start being serious now¨ I said to myself and walked through the west wing hallway which was dark and gloomy. knock, knock …. Can I come in? ``I said knocking at Dracula's door. ¨ Come ¨ Dracula said and I opened the door. His room was ...well a mess there was paper everywhere and huge blocks of wet clay and small unfinished sculptures on the floor ¨ umm I have your breakfast ¨ I said to Dracula, he was carving a face into a huge tall block of limestone. ¨put it over there and sit down right here ¨ Dracula said I went over and put the plate on the desk and went over to the chair placed next to him ¨so what did you want?¨ I asked him ¨ sit … I wanna talk to you ¨ Dracula said and looked over at me. I sat down and watched him work ¨ how do you michael¨ Dracula said ¨umm he's my friend ¨ I said ¨really so you're his girlfriend ¨draclua said ¨what no we just friends …¨ I said shaking my hands ¨ but I have a question for you … why I'm I here .. why did you kidnap me ¨ I said and Dracula stopped and but his tools down.¨ Zeus the king of gods and Michael one of the archangels raving over a human girl…. You have to ask why?¨ Dracula said, jumping down and wiping his hands. I was so scared he'd find out I'm lying about being human ¨well the fates said my future would change if I met you ...and I wanna know-how and let's be honest you can benefit me in many ways ¨ Dracula said smiling. I looked at him and looked behind the huge limestone to see a man covered in blood and cuts everywhere like he was wiped for days he was skinny and weak I started to go in tear as he stood shaking in a very uncomfortable pose ¨how long has he been up there ¨ I said and looked at Dracula. ¨oh him a couple of weeks now¨. Don't worry by the time I'm done with his sculptures he'll die. ¨ Dracula said smiling ¨that's sick!¨ I said angry and Dracula ́s smile went down ¨ I don't get you … you hurt people to make you feel better that you're alone !!!¨ I yelled and walked out of his room and into mine and shut the door hard.  

I sat on my bed and cried my eyes out ¨he's a true monster ¨ I said and took out my diary 

¨ Dear diary, they were right, he's a monster …. He only cares about him, his plan, his ways and if anyone gets in his way he'll kill them. I don't know if I can do this but if I don't the witches weĺl throw me out or force me to marry to give them more power … so I guess I have too ¨. 

My tears covered the pages as I took a deep breath but it made me cry even more ¨ I wanna go home ¨ I said as I looked up at the roof. But my heart said something else that it wants to save him that doesn't want him dead but wants to teach him. Both my heart and brain fought about what to do about Dracula, let him die and go home or stay and help him?  

I was laying in my bed when I heard a man walk through the main entrance. I looked out hoping it was Michael but no it was someone else. The man walked past my room and into the Dracula and when the door closed I went up to the Dracula's door and tried to listen. I couldn't- hear a lot of mumbles but the man said the name ¨Kronos¨. ¨Kronos? Why are they talking about him ?¨ I whispered and tried to hear me more but then the door swung open and made me fall backward and over the staircase. I thought I was gonna die but when I opened my eyes I saw the man holding me in his arms. The man was handsome but he looked foreign and ancient. He had long black hair and hazel to golden-like eyes, he had little facial hair and a sharp jawline.¨are you okay young lady ¨ the man said he had a Latin accent ¨ya thank you for saving me ¨ I said and smiled. the man put me down and kissed my hand. ¨ I ́m Ambrogio …. And you are ¨ he said and smiled ¨ I'm star nice to meet you, ``I said and smiled. ¨Wait your Ambrogio... Like the first vampire in history ¨ I said in excitement, ``That's me ¨he said showing off his charming smile. ¨ don't get what so exciting about a 4000-year-old grandfather ¨ Dracula said drinking wine ¨well his story about how he turned and the love between him and Selene ¨ I said and looked at him ¨at least he's famous for something good ¨ I said and Dracula rolled his eyes. ¨ please stop…… Vlad has his good moments too¨ Ambrogio said giggling ¨for starts he's… well he's good at sculpting and amazing poems ...and he's umm¨ ¨ please let me …. I'm strong …. A leader… deadly … and I put fear in everyone's hearts… I ́m a king who doesn't need sad sopy ..sicking love ¨dracula said and cheesed showing his fangs as he held up his drink.

¨ Are u here to see Selene ¨ I said ¨no I'm not allowed …... due to the curse I have to stay 100 feet away from her and lucky she's going to work in Japan so I wanted to come and do some business ¨ Ambrogio said and smiled at Dracula ¨what kind ¨ I asked and Dracula walked over to me ¨that's too many questions… little one ¨ he said and I looked at him annoyed. I felt bad for Ambrogio I bet he misses Selene maybe that's why she is so cruel and sour because she lost her love maybe I can help her too. For some reason, Ambrogio is somewhat like a big brother to Dracula even though they aren't related. It made me wonder about his family. ¨ Dracula ?¨ I said as I opened his door ¨what!?¨ Dracula yelled and stopped writing and looked at me ¨ do you have siblings…. Family ?¨ I asked and walked in ¨ 4 younger half-siblings on my father's side ¨ Dracula said ¨your father … the devil ¨ I said in fear ¨ ya .. aren't I lucky ¨draclua said sarcastically and went back to writing ¨can you tell about them ¨ I said and sat next to him. ¨ what's there to tell … I was born to a devil-worshiping woman and queen that was killed … I never met my siblings and … the rest is nun of your business¨ Dracula said and got mad a little bit ¨ you mean you turned yourself so u can save your son and wife…..from your country from enemies ….. But your people turned on you and tried to kill you ….and your wife ¨ I said and looked down ¨ let go¨ Dracula whispered ¨ and you had to leave your son to be king and you never got to see him again¨ I said and tried to comfort him ¨ I SAID LET IT GO!¨ Dracula yelled as he broke the hard stone with his fist. I stood up tall, not backing down, not breaking eye contact. I was scared inside but if I wanna get to his soul I need to be someone he can trust.

I was walking in the walls when I saw Selene standing on the apron with two hands hanging from her window ¨SELENE get down ¨ I yelled and ran into the room. ¨ go away ¨ Selene said and looked behind herself to look at me. ¨please .. please get down ¨ I said as my eyes started to tear up .¨why .. so I can live a life with Dracula ¨ Selene said and laughed ¨ my real love... I can't even touch him¨ Selene said, ¨ Ambrogio? i... I saw him today and he loves you, Selene … Dracula loves you ¨ I said ¨please get down ¨ I said and Selene looked at me deep in my eyes ¨ Dracula doesn't love me … I'll try to win his love and trust everyday … ¨ Selene said as she let go and fell from the castle ¨NO ¨ I screamed and ran to the window to see she landed on the ground .she looked up at me and walked into the woods looking like a lost soul. I sighed in relief and rubbed my head ¨ I forgot it took more than jumping from a castle to kill a god.¨ I said and giggled. But what Selene said to me made me realize how miserable she is with Dracula and how much she wants to be with Ambrogio, sadly they can't be together but maybe I can try to help her find new love.

¨ I HAVE A BRILLIANT IDEA¨ I heard Ambrogio yelling as he slammed the castle doors. I walked downstairs to see Dracula drinking a glass of dark red liquid. “wait Selena still here¨ I said. ¨no, no she's doing her job taking the moon across the skies of America right now ¨ Ambrogio said and smiled at me .” What's your idea !? I was eating!¨draclua said annoyed. “ why do you drink so much wine? “. I said and looked at Dracula and he had a sarcastic smile ¨what makes you think this is wine ¨draclua said and drank it all up. it hit me that he was drinking blood and it made my stomach turn ¨ we are gonna throw the biggest ball this town has ever seen ¨ Ambrogio said as his eyes sparkled ¨ NO¨ Dracula said bluntly and walked back upstairs ¨please… it will be a good idea to make friends with the vampire community if you want them on your side and some tasty meals ...also it will be fun¨Ambrogio said and followed him ¨ughhhhh…………. fine !!! . Dracula yelled and rubbed his head ¨don't go overboard and invite the whole damn town !¨draclua yelled aggravated and walked into his room¨ I won't I promise, Ambrogio said smiling like a kid on Christmas.

¨so when is this party ¨ I said and followed Ambrogio down the hall ¨tomorrow night ..so that means there's a lot to plan and you my dear need dress .¨ Ambrogio said as maids walked in with decorations.¨ It's like you knew Dracula would say yes¨ I said laughing and looking back at the Dracula room “what can I say I know how to convince people “Ambrogio said cheesing. I went upstairs when I saw grace, ¨Grace ¨ I yelled and ran to her wiping off the huge windows ¨there's gonna be a ball tomorrow night ¨ I said but Grace didn't look at me nor got excited. ¨ya I know and I'll be cooking … and cleaning ¨ Grace said and kept wiping ¨what ...no your coming with me¨ I said ¨star I cant... I have to do my job … not everyone can jump and dance around ¨ grace said and as she left up to her sleeves there was a new bite mark on her arm that wasn't healed. Then I remembered the blood Dracula was drinking “omg” I said and grace hurried and pulled her sleeve down. ¨ I'm gonna deal with this now!¨ I yelled and stormed into Dracula's office. ¨ I'm warning you … leave Grace alone … you can be cruel to everyone else but not her ¨ I said ¨your giving me orders ¨dracula started to laugh as he sculpted the man in limestone¨i know most people here might be scared of you Vlad ...but I will not have you hurt my friends ¨ I said and walked closer. Dracula put down his tool slowly and looked back at me. The speed of light he was there and his hands around my throat and me gasping for air. ¨ don't test me little girl I've been nice to you ...but if you think you can run over ME .. you're already dead¨dracula whispered in my ear .he looked at me “and I don't think you wanna mess with the girl Zeus and Michael is protecting “I said bravely and he's angry face claimed down and he released his hand from my throat. he didn't move from where he was he just looked at me. For some dumb reason I wanted to hug him and his looks made it hard for me so it was getting weird. He got closer to my face and looked at my lips and looked at me ¨ I'll leave her alone ¨he whispered and walked away from me and went back to his sculpture.

I walked down the hall and Grace saw me and ran over ¨your okay...I thought you were dead ¨Grace said happy and hugged me ¨ he'll leave you alone¨ I said and hugged her back ¨thank you ¨Grace said as she teared up. I smiled at her and walked into my room for bed. I grabbed my phone and told Michael about the party and gave him the address. As I lay in bed all that was on my mind was Dracula ¨why is he so … addicting ..TOXIC !? ?... ugh this is confusing ¨ I said and grabbed my diary

ー Okay diary IDK !! one minute I hate him and want him to die and then the next he's kind and a little sweet? Grace says I'm the only human who has ever been kind too...if you wanna call the way he treats me kind. - he hurts people, his enemies, and people who try to help him … he has trust issues and hates being told what to do. I can't wait for Michael to come tomorrow and help me out.

at 10 pm I looked out my window to see the rain falling softly on the ground and it made me think about the man Dracula is sculpting. I got up and tiptoed into Dracula's office, lucky he wasn't there but the man was standing in the same position and sleeping. ¨ Sir wake up ¨ I whispered and shocked him. The man woke up frightened and looked down at me ¨ I'm sorry maám for sleeping please don't get Dracula ¨ the man cried out trying to keep his balance ¨no no it's okay... I'm here to help ¨ I said and took out a herb to break compulsion as I put it in my hands and dusted it all over the man. he broke free and fell to the floor ¨get up sir ¨ I said and helped him up, we under the castle to the back door ¨here some food ¨ I said and handed him a basket of fruits, bread, cheese, and water ¨go and never come back¨ I said and gave him my coat. I watched him run in the dark woods and disappear from my sight.

I woke up to the sun's warm light on my skin. Today was the ball and I saw Michael again so I was happy. I got up to see a dress on my bed. It was a strapless neckline rose gold dress with a golden lace pattern and diamond sheer fabric over the dress. ¨wow¨ I said and picked it up its puffy and gorgeous as I put it over my body .¨omg the diamonds are real¨ I said as I looked at the crystals ¨i know isn't it stunning ¨ Ambrogio said as he walked into my room ¨ thank you … but it's too much¨ I said ¨nunsense you have the body for it and Dracula will be surprised to see you in it ¨ Ambrogio said and smirked¨ oh really¨ I said ¨yes now get up ¨ Ambrogio said ¨wait .. last night I let out that man Dracula was keeping in his office ¨ I said and looked down ¨ugh … I'll deal with it ..just get dressed¨ Ambrogio said and walked out my room. I put the dress in my closet and put on my normal clothes, a t-shirt, and pants.

I never saw the castle so busy people were bringing in cakes and chicken and wines. People were hanging up lights in the garden and the castle. The main entrance was big enough for 2 parties and I was so excited. I went to the kitchen which was more packed ¨grace ¨ I yelled and ran to her cooking ¨ look I know you ́er not allowed to go to the ball but …. I want you too and I have a dress for you ¨ I said and smiled, the flower dress was the one I wore when I first came here .¨ fine ¨ Grace giggled and I jumped up and hugged her, and then I helped her cook some of the cakes … and helped taste them as well.

4 pm it was almost time for the guest to arrive, I went to change into the golden dress and grace came in to tighten the corset for me and helped me put on some makeup and golden glitter on my eyelids and my cheeks. After Grace change into the dress I gave her I let grace's hair down she was nice pretty light brown wavy hair so I but to braids and tied them together in the back .she looked beautiful and I was happy to see her smiling so big at her reflection. With my hair, I let it down as well and curled it a little bit. Grace grabbed a golden butterfly necklace and walked over to me but as she tried to take off the necklace Nyx gave me it burned her skin¨omg are you okay ¨ I said ¨what's with your necklace¨ Grace said as she held her and went to wash her hand over some cold water. I heard cars pulling in so I ran to the window to see limos and cars pullings up ¨OMG there here ¨ I said and pulled Grace out of the bathroom. Grace put on her soft pink heels as I put on some lipgloss and put on my golden heels. Me and Grace poked out our heads to see the people walking in and I heard the music start playing ¨okay we got this ¨ Grace said as she straighten herself up ¨ya we do ¨ I said and held Grace's hand and walked down the stairs. I felt like I'm in a mid-century princess novel.

Meanwhile

Dracula was waiting by a tree, he was wearing a nice suit and his hair was slicked back. He watched the people walk into his castle one by one, a car pulled up and Dracula smirked as he walked up to it.¨well well is it the archangel Michael ..¨ Dracula said and smiled big as Michael stepped out of the car wearing a suit as well but he left his wavy hair alone.¨dracula it been a while ¨michael said and made a fake smile ¨ it really as ¨ Dracula said giving Michael a death stare as he fake smiled ¨so I seen you've been making friends with human girls ¨dracula said and closed the car door ¨yes I have and if I see a bruise, scratch or print on her body ..il happily kill you ¨michael said and as his smile broke. ¨ oh I would never no matter how ...annoying she can be at times ..she's a fire type I like it ¨ Dracula said ¨shall we¨ Michael said and walked up the stairs into the castle with Dracula ¨yes we shall ¨draclua said and when they walked in the first thing that caught each of their eyes was Star. both were starstruck, as the lights hit her skin and dress she looked like a star dancing in the night. star turned around and looked at both Dracula and Michael and smiled, Dracula was speechless. She was wearing his late wife's dress and she looked just like her. It made Dracula feel a feeling of nervousness around her. star ran over to them and hugged Michael. ¨i'm so glad you're here ¨ star said and Dracula looked away from her ¨ you look amazing ...more valuable than gold itself ¨michael said and smiled at her ¨thank you ¨ star said. ¨shall we dance ¨ Michael said and took stars hand ¨yes of course ¨star said giggling as they went out to the dance floor. the star looked back at Dracula and smiled at him and Dracula smiled back. But Dracula knows deep down he feels something but he doesn't want to know nor show it.

It felt like heaven to see Michael again and it made my heart jump knowing he's here to protect and help me. We did the Paso Doble, Foxtrot dance but slower and I was good at learning the steps ¨ so much has happened ¨ I said ¨i know but now I'm here and I promise you won't be alone ¨ Michael said and put his soft hand behind my back. Michael smiled at me and we danced but each turn, stroking my eyes locked on a Dracula looking quite handsome and proper in that suit. He was just standing smirking at me, out of nowhere he disappeared. Michael spun me around. I felt as like a princess as my dress twirling with me and when I landed back into the arms it was the arms of Dracula. ¨ so out of nowhere my model dropped dead even tho he's not supposed to be not til 2 more weeks¨ Dracula said in my ear ¨ its weird that you know when your prisoners die ..¨ I said and looked up at him ¨ why were you talking about Kroso ¨ I said and Dracula was shocked to my question ¨now why would you wanna know that ...when you finally get what u want ...to spend time with me ¨draclau said and behind me back and lifted me slowly. I saw Michael looking at Dracula in anger and Dracula turned me so I can give him my full attention him ¨ your friend Michael doesn't like me ¨ Dracula said laughing and I looked at him ¨ I can see why ¨ I said and looked away from him as we danced .¨ and I can see why he's so protective over you ...by the way you look amazing in my late wife's dress¨ Dracula said and I got shocked I didn't know this was his late wife's ¨ I'm sorry I didn't- I said getting nervous ¨don't be it looks good ¨ Dracula said and spin me around. I landed back in Michael's arm. I looked back to see Dracula gone from the dance floor.

After that crazy dance, I went to eat some chocolate and it was delicious so I looked like an animal eating it. I looked up to Selene she wore an Elegant Black Lace Off The Shoulder with a spit cut showing her leg. She looked amazing on her head was the moon crown and she had an owl silver and diamond mask on. As she walked down the steps people moved out the way for her but she stopped in her tracks to see Ambrogio wearing a suit and his hair in a bun hypnotized by her sight. I was standing there awww with chocolate in my mouth as her smile got so big on her, I walked over to her and gave her a long stick pole Grace made just for her which was 100feet. ¨ oh wow ¨ Selene said, looking up at it ¨take this and go outside and dance with your true love ¨ I said and gave her the stick ¨but Dracula ¨ Selene said ¨go to the one you truly love…. Not the one you were forced to marry ¨ I said and Selene hugged me as she walked outside after Ambrogio. I ran to the window with Grace and looked outside. I saw Selene put the stick on the floor and Ambrogio held on one end and Selene held the other. Ambrogio smiled and pulled at it making Selene almost fall as he laughed at her. It was so beautiful I started to cry and looked over at Michael and smiled at him.

Selene felt the connection in the stick; she could feel his warmth, love, and passion as if they were holding hands. Ambrogio started to run in a circle and so did Selene and then they started to spin in a circle on the smooth cold grass as the moons light bean on their skin and the stars shine bright. It was like slow motion for Selene as she looked deep into Ambrogio's eyes and laughed with him. Ambrogio fell more in love with Selene bringing back the memories went they could touch and hold hands. Both of them fell to the ground and laughed at each other but they didn't get up. They just lay there and talked as they looked at the stars and each other. ¨we can try¨ Ambrogio said and looked over at her ¨ it's too dangerous ¨ Selene said as she teared up ¨ I'm willing to try for you ¨ Ambrogio said and stood up holding the stick,Selene got up to ¨let's try together ¨ Ambrogio said and smiled as he walked slowly closer to Selene. Selene started to walk as well but closer Ambrogio got his skin grown old and he left weak ¨ambrogio! Go back ¨ Selene said and stopped ¨no ¨ Ambrogio said and kept walking even tho he started to feel his bones breaking and his eyes getting blurry .selene grabbed the stick and made it push him back and onto the ground, but when Ambrogio got back up Selene was gone and the stick was on the ground.

Back in the castle

I watched Grace dance with a guy. I felt so happy for her as she waved and spun around everywhere. ¨ have you found anything so far¨ Una said I looked to see she was standing right next to me ¨ he was talking to Ambrogio about a plan with Kronos ¨ I said ¨ good job … but if he planning to break him free we must be ready to protect our goddesses ¨ Una said ¨ I know .. but I think I can change his mind before he does find the cave Kronos is locked up in ¨ I said ¨ every well we will give you time to change his mind ...but if you cant we well have to be a force to find a way to give our community power ...will you know what we will be forced to do¨Una said and looked at me ¨ ya make me marry a powerful witch and give birth to powerful kids ¨ I said annoyed ¨ good so don't mess this up and make the witches take action...and you will be thrown out like mal ¨ Una said and walked away. Michael walked over to me ¨you okay ¨ he said ¨ ya just I have to stop Dracula from finding Kronos and ending the world ¨ I said and drank my drink ¨ with me remember that I'll help you ¨ Michael said ¨ thanks ¨ I said. I never thought that I would have to betray, be a liar to someone but I'm forced to. Anyways Dracula deserves it right? I walked thru the halls and stopped at the painting of Dracula's late wife .¨ hello again¨ Dracula said and stood by me ¨ are stalking me now I said ¨ well… I wouldn't call it that ¨ Dracula said and smiled at me ¨ I know your plan and I think it stupid ¨ I said ¨really what plan is that¨ Dracula said ¨ to bring back Kronos and take the throne in Olympus “I said and looked at him ¨ and I know why your here¨ Dracula said ¨to stop me … which well never happen ¨draclua said ¨then why to keep me here ¨ I said and kept looking at the painting ¨ keep your friends close and your enemies even closer ¨draclua whispered in my ear and walked away from me.

¨Ambrogio how did it go?¨ I said walking up to him ¨ it was magical..but too many bitter memories came with it ¨ambrogio said and looked down ¨ I'm so sorry ¨ I said ¨ it's fine it was what 4000 years ago ¨ Ambrogio said and gave me a fake smile ¨ ya but love always stays with you ¨ I said and hugged him ¨i guess that's true ..and the pain ¨ Ambrogio said ¨well if u want to start working on the next party..my birthday is coming up ¨ I said smiling and Ambrogio smiled a true smile ¨really now that will be fanatics... I already see the decorations, ¨ Ambrogio said. ¨ya ..hey could you tell me what Dracula plan is ..you see I'm trying to save him before he gets killed¨ I said and Ambrogio looked at me and looked around ¨ he's been having his minions go out in search of Kronos cave ..he wants to free him and rule Olympus ¨ambrogio said ¨but he can't ..he's not a god ¨ I said ¨yes true but Selene is ¨ambrogio said ¨so he's using her to get the throne ¨ I said ¨well you help me to stop this... if he frees Kronos we well be endangered ¨ I said and Ambrogio nodded at me ¨it will be hard .. his mind is set on this and the vampires are questioning his rule as king of vampires ..they feel as if he doesn't give them safety, as a king, should, he as a habit of killing too many vampires that don't side with him¨ambrogio said.

This information is all I need to be one step ahead of Dracula ¨thank you Ambrogio ¨ I said putting on my fur coat and walking outside to see my dad standing there. I ran to hug him ¨dad I've missed you ¨ I said ¨i'm so sorry about our fight ¨ ¨ its okay my little star ¨ moon said and hugged me tight .¨how's mom ¨ I said ¨good your mother thinks you're in college in Alaska and I've taken care of the restaurant marble as paid M.C you don't' have to worry ¨ moon said I weight was off my back knowing my family was alright. ¨thank you dad ¨ I said ¨i should go ..Dracula doesn't really like witches at his home¨moon said ¨oh well good thing I told him I'm just human ¨ I said and giggled ¨wait he doesn't know your a witch star ¨moon said concerned ¨no why ¨ I said ¨nothing just be careful ¨ moon said and got into his car ¨i love you star ¨moon said and drive off. ¨why don't Dracula like witches ..what did we do?¨ I said in my mind.

I walked into the garden. The warm lights went through the windows as did the silhouette of people dancing like shadow puppets on the pavement. The cold winter breeze hit my face and blew through my hair. It's not even winter yet but the winds couldn't wait anymore to blow their cold breeze. I like the cold winds a lot. Most kids like sunny days and summertime but rainy days with a book and winter's chill with a hot chocolate makes me feel alive and warm. I took a deep breath as I looked at my star shining in the sky. Out of nowhere someone came from behind me and stabbed me in the back. The sharp pain crawled up my nerves and bones. The person pulled it out and ran off. I fell on the floor screaming in pain as my tears ran down my face and blood covered my body ¨HELP!¨ I screamed but the music was too loud. The silhouette of the dancing people ran on my body as my eyes got blurry. I desperately prayed to Nyx to save me ¨someone please¨ I said letting out my last breath. The first snowflake fell on my body and more. til it covered me like a cold icy blanket then my eyes closed.

This book has 1 comment.

on Aug. 12 2022 at 10:32 am
AeshaDraws SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky
Chained part two coming soon❤